Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I'm pretty hyped for saltiron triangles.

Everything else not so much.

But a new tactics ogre I can get behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

cheetah7071 posted:

Oot has a lot of tech reliant on hitting exact cardinals on the analog stick and gamecube controllers have an octagonal gate

Playing on Wii also has a lot less lag but if that was the only reason I wouldn't have switched

An N64 controller would be even better for having real C buttons but they don't make those anymore and 3rd party is always a crapshoot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaBERo145HA

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is the drift problem something that can't be solved with system software calibration

I know drift can be alleviated by increasing the deadzone (which is why it's a shame playstations don't let you adjust these things on a system level), but that itself becomes problematic if the drift is too severe.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yeah, the problem with the deadzone is that it's, well, a deadzone, so the bigger you make it the less fine control you have with that stick.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hahah, so they're sick of sword guys being added to Smash are they? I'll show them.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm just glad it's Pyra/Mythra and not Rex

Also I vaguely noticed that Mythra's design wasn't as bad as I remembered and then I realized they gave her more actual clothes for her Smash design and that's why :v:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I think my 8bitdoo is drifting a bit

Not in a way that impacts game play, but the stick will sometimes get a mind of its own in menus and drift up

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I, again, believe myself to be the luckiest gamer. I never have had stick drift on any controller and I rarely, if ever, have weird PC gaming issues that others do. Yes I am bragging.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That's the sign of an incredibly weak gamer

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I should make it a point to try to fix the stick drift on my original joycons.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
I recently found out that the fangame Mushroom Kingdom Fusion is somehow still in active development (again); lurking on that game's forums without an account was pretty much my first real internet experience back in 2009 or so, and the game was and is fascinating in its overambitiousness. It's a mega-crossover (and that term is very appropriate here) with gameplay fundamentally based on the early Mario games, but adding assets, enemies, characters and mechanics from a gigantic number of other classic or semi-classic games. The quality is of course extremely uneven, but apparently the current devs are actively addressing complaints about the level design, which is probably a good sign.

I think development on it started in the mid-aughts, development-team members came and went (frequently on less than amiable terms), the project crumbled and was resurrected multiple times, and the latest update (v.0.75) was released today:
https://fusion-fangaming.itch.io/mushroom-kingdom-fusion

It's probably very much not for everyone, but I think it's impressive that something like this exists at all.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I, again, believe myself to be the luckiest gamer. I never have had stick drift on any controller and I rarely, if ever, have weird PC gaming issues that others do. Yes I am bragging.

Same with the sole exception of N64 controllers which are so weak you can snort the powder that grinds into the crevasse.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

al-azad posted:

Same with the sole exception of N64 controllers which are so weak you can snort the powder that grinds into the crevasse.

You've got to believe that was a conscious design decision.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

no S-tier controllers... yet

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jay Rust posted:

Major disrespect to the DK bongos.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

stev posted:

This is the S-Tier controller.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

stev posted:

As well as the Taiko drum

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

spice orange gc controller imo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

The disrespect for the Power Glove smh

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I guess...it really is bad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1362420111248883712?s=20

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

For a second there I thought they were just going to give up and announce the Steam version.

Welp, see you next year IOI.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Other than the environments, I ended up being disappointed with Hitman 3.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, they probably literally are not able to right now. You know, the exclusivity contract.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That Fortnite money is really strong, a lot of developers are willing to sellout to have their entire game funded pretty much obligation free, just to fuel Tim Sweeneys rich person vendetta against Gabe Newell.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

I said come in! posted:

Other than the environments, I ended up being disappointed with Hitman 3.

Nu-Hitman trilogy is kind of weird in that each successive game was less impressive than the one that came before.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is it weird that I cannot possibly begin to care about Steam vs. EGS? Maybe it's because I don't do the majority of my gaming on PC, only some of it, I dunno. People get so fired up about EGS exclusivity and while I can understand having a preferred launcher, it seems like people are a lot more passionate about it than that.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s cool having it all in one place but they have never topped Hokkaido or Sapienza

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harrow posted:

Is it weird that I cannot possibly begin to care about Steam vs. EGS? Maybe it's because I don't do the majority of my gaming on PC, only some of it, I dunno. People get so fired up about EGS exclusivity and while I can understand having a preferred launcher, it seems like people are a lot more passionate about it than that.

I wouldn't care as much if EGS didn't suck so much. Epic has had a long time now to actually make their launcher more user friendly, they've done absolutely nothing, they just kinda dropped support on their launcher outright. To its credit you only need it to download games, after that, just make a .exe short cut of your games to your desktop.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Does it have a shopping cart yet so that you can actually buy more than one game at a time?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I wouldn't care as much if EGS didn't suck so much. Epic has had a long time now to actually make their launcher more user friendly, they've done absolutely nothing, they just kinda dropped support on their launcher outright. To its credit you only need it to download games, after that, just make a .exe short cut of your games to your desktop.

Yeah, that kinda sucks. I can definitely understand just preferring not to use a worse launcher.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Harrow posted:

right here with ya bud

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Any games I got an EGS I just linked to Steam and launched through that anyway. It just bugs me not to have the Steam features as standard and I always regret not just waiting.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

EGS just has a lot of anti-consumer tendencies that I can only see getting worse, and the way they're using their startup capital to try to chip away at the existing market while slipping those lovely practices in reminds me of terrible companies like Uber.

I have no loyalty to Steam per se but I deeply mistrust EGS.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1362438384413798402?s=20

There's been rumors that Bloober Team is doing a Silent Hill and I think they just up and said it

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

uh-oh

https://twitter.com/HotGirlVideos69/status/1362437773542772740?s=20

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The height of EGS hate was rightfully being upset that the game you purchased on one platform wasn’t going to be released on said platform. No one really cares now.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Plus those sweet free games!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Plus those sweet free games!

RAGE 2 just went up as a free game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

al-azad posted:

The height of EGS hate was rightfully being upset that the game you purchased on one platform wasn’t going to be released on said platform. No one really cares now.

Shenmue 3 turned out to be bad anyway right? I refunded my KS pledge as soon as they set that up then completely forgot about it