Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Judging by the reaction of the GoT guys doing The 3 Body Problem (first I've heard of the series) I'm guessing I should read it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I am a master of lovely snipes lol

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Gods_Butthole posted:

One of the more recent times that Flavius gave Taintrunner a six hour probe one of his hanger-ons posted the following and I will never stop thinking about it.

lol

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Unfortunately it looks like Jefferoo was a Lowtax ban so he should probably be freed on general principle. I take no pleasure in reporting this.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

really queer Christmas posted:

I disagree, I've done a lot of laughing

yea the annoying guy with a tired gimmick turning out to actually be a dead serious insane narcissist who's been embellishing or outright fabricating stories about himself across multiple platforms for the last decade is loving hilarious

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

Gods_Butthole posted:

quote:

A time out is not just a time out. People use their social media platform for all sorts of things. At any given moment in some other combination of threads someone could be getting active help with a serious life issue.... Medical, financial, veterinary, whatever. A time out from one's entire social media platform all at once fucks people up in a variety of ways that never get discussion because the person literally can't discuss any further. Doesn't matter if you think they should expect it, when it's undeserved and has an unknown effect.

:hmmyes:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

to post is to live, to probe is to die

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Wheeee posted:

yea the annoying guy with a tired gimmick turning out to actually be a dead serious insane narcissist who's been embellishing or outright fabricating stories about himself across multiple platforms for the last decade is loving hilarious

This but I'm not being sarcastic

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Wheeee posted:

Yeah it seems more and more gimmicks turn out to just be one-note personalities or the poster trying to hide in plain sight

and agreed lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gods_Butthole posted:

One of the more recent times that Flavius gave Taintrunner a six hour probe one of his hanger-ons posted the following and I will never stop thinking about it.

lmao

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah it seems more and more gimmicks turn out to just be one-note personalities or the poster trying to hide in plain sight

and agreed lol

the wife essayer

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I would like to take this time to assure you all that my posting brand of abject idiocy is not a gimmick

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Bedshaped posted:

actually I got it wrong, it's the guy who writes all those poo poo dc comics movies

it is a trend that all these terrible writers are called david or daniel though

I've only seen like one of those and I don't remember it so I'm not sure if that's better or worse

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
You know, for all his failing, Taintrunner has been the source of two of the funniest C-Spam threads in recent memory

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

cspam is closing at midnight was jeffery tho

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Wheeee posted:

yeah, it’s not like this ban is owning taintrunner, because it just means that cspam let an abusive piece of poo poo get away with being an abusive piece of poo poo since it was written off as a gimmick or whatever, because his posting didn’t cross the right lines, I guess? and because other posters kept jumping to his defense

otoh, even the worst things are funny if your brain is broken enough

e: I didn’t read the succzone and I’m probably assuming his posts were worse than they actually were

DarkEuphoria fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 18, 2021

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
was the rich wife thing real? i couldn't decide which one was funnier between a guy telling his internet sycophants "uhh yeah my hot rich wife totally bought me a VR rig" or a hard-nosed stalinist trophy husband

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Eox posted:

was the rich wife thing real? i couldn't decide which one was funnier between a guy telling his internet sycophants "uhh yeah my hot rich wife totally bought me a VR rig" or a hard-nosed stalinist trophy husband

he def had gently caress around money, as he would randomly give out steam codes. And he would change avs the second someone changed his and buy avs for all his posting enemies

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Eox posted:

he never denied anything and at one point offered to send me $2000 when called out. i assume his comfortable financial situation is real

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Eox posted:

does it matter in all honesty? I mean him being a landlord was just some other poster making poo poo up because it was funny and well it was funny

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

christmas boots posted:

You know, for all his failing, Taintrunner has been the source of two of the funniest C-Spam threads in recent memory

where's the poster who made the thread about making him a mod that just turned into everyone roasting him

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

DarkEuphoria posted:

yeah, it’s not like this ban is owning taintrunner, because it just means that cspam let an abusive piece of poo poo get away with being an abusive piece of poo poo since it was written off as a gimmick or whatever, because his posting didn’t cross the right lines, I guess? and because other posters kept jumping to his defense

otoh, even the worst things are funny if your brain is broken enough

no he got banned as soon as people learned he was actually abusive

posting generic mean things at you on something awful is not abuse

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

double negative posted:

where's the poster who made the thread about making him a mod that just turned into everyone roasting him

Gassing that thread was dumb and probably a decision made by someone who didn't read anything but the thread title

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bedshaped posted:

well we can say he made at least one really funny post

this image should be CSPAM subtitle

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

double negative posted:

PawParole come on down!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Bedshaped posted:

Foundation too

wow i can't wait for hari seldon fuckin & suckin

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

christmas boots posted:

PawParole come on down!

I think they are currently probed for defending the taintmaster

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
ok lol i can confirm rich wife is real

lmao

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Wheeee posted:

no he got banned as soon as people learned he was actually abusive

posting generic mean things at you on something awful is not abuse

sorry, I wasn’t trying to make light of abusive situations, there’s just a type of discourse that sets of my alarms and sometimes people post that way.

I’m glad he was banned and it’s good people aren’t sticking up for him now.

Tezer
Jul 9, 2001

spacemang_spliff posted:

Judging by the reaction of the GoT guys doing The 3 Body Problem (first I've heard of the series) I'm guessing I should read it

It's skippable, unless you want to engage in the discourse around it. It reads like Greg Egan fan fiction.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

DarkEuphoria posted:

did he post anything besides "wrecker liberal!" gimmick poo poo in cspam? everything ive seen posted in this thread has been from other accounts and subforums

e: nvm, yall covered this already

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

change my name posted:

Lol you just reminded me that the same dudes who made GoT are adapting the Three Body Problem

please no

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

"now, this is psychohistory", says seldon, while watching a woman strip

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Shageletic posted:

I get probated in D&D for using aprostophe's incorrectly. It's an opportunity. Getting probed is like recess.

and clearly you will never learn

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

oxsnard posted:

ok lol i can confirm rich wife is real

lmao

Pm me proof and the tortured ball pics. They're necessary for the healing process

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Mr Hootington posted:

I think they are currently probed for defending the taintmaster

PawParole gently caress off!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Wheeee posted:

TORMP!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

spacemang_spliff posted:

First book is just okay, they get progressively better (but that's more of a translation issue I think)

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Someone edit the Taint Runner tazer gif except he is shocking his own taint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Please guys try to elevate the right voices. No more taintrunners. When you elevate posters whose gimmick involves being aggressive, confrontational, clout chasing freaks, they invariably end up being lovely people. No, this doesn't apply to a lot of you. You will be doing no introspection.

Quite honestly, I am surprised DSA rejected taintrunner. they have lots of wealthy rapists in their ranks.