Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Here's a replay of me getting TD-8-4 (do 5x your HP in damage) with honors (win and survive).

The Jagdpanzer IV is an amazing TD at tier 6. The DPM with the 88 mm! :discourse:

McGavin fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"YES, our team managed to kill the enemy ELC Even 90 right at the start of the game! Now as the only light tank in the game I can really carry the team!"

*2 seconds later driving out of bush*

*gets spotted by a Skorpion from 5 miles away, insta-blapped by the enemy team*

:smith:

E: story of tonight

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 18, 2021

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Katamari Democracy posted:

So you don't enjoy it? I think to me it plays well as an autoloader on training wheels. But its definitely not a front of the lines kinda tank.

KD.jpg

Haven't played enough in it to decide it I like it or not, just initial impressions was ugh turret isn't as good as I was hoping for.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

"YES, our team managed to kill the enemy ELC Even 90 right at the start of the game! Now as the only light tank in the game I can really carry the team!"

I'll throw games just to get a sweet HE shell inside an ELC even 90 cause its funny as hell.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Blows my mind that WoT still doesn't have sixth sense has a guaranteed feature like in WoWS.

This game is meant for suffering and nothing more.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mans posted:

This game is meant for suffering and nothing more.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Yeah, new thread title.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
World of Tanks: Yeah, new thread title.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Bat-Chat 12t is actually a really fun tank, and I'm getting a better handle on it after watching some of Skill's videos on it. 56% winrate tonight, but loving christ those losses. So frustrating to just have those god drat 1-15s where the game is over in 3 minutes. What is even the point?

Mans posted:

Blows my mind that WoT still doesn't have sixth sense has a guaranteed feature like in WoWS.

That's happening with Crew 2.0, Sixth Sense will be made baseline.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Soon™

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

let me get into my time-machine, travel back to 2015 and hear about how we are getting sixth sense baseline any day now

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's happening with Crew 2.0, Sixth Sense will be made baseline.

:lol:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The amazing Kreskin foresees that some bright bulb eager to please SerB will suggest that while giving the players fixed Sixth Sense is unavoidable, that in order to have it work as it does now, they have to equip a 20k/match consumable.

And tanks now have *three* consumable *skill* slots (in addition to the classic slots for kits/etc.), meaning you could theoretically spend 60k/match if you have three consumable "skills" equipped. And a few skills that people like might be going away - but still be available in consumable form. :troll:

(no I don't know if this is happening but this is WG we're talking about)

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 19, 2021

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The amazing Kreskin foresees that some bright bulb eager to please SerB will suggest that while giving the players fixed Sixth Sense is unavoidable, that in order to have it work as it does now, they have to equip a 20k/match consumable.

And tanks now have *three* consumable slots, meaning you could theoretically spend 60k/match if you have three consumable "skills" equipped. And a few skills that people like might be going away - but still be available in consumable form. :troll:

(no I don't know if this is happening but this is WG we're talking about)

Sounds like the console version, the big update in December made it so all consumables were considered "used" even if you didn't activate them (they also had a tendency to default to gold for resupply costs!). Part of the reason I switched to PC, I was losing silver with most matches even with the basic set of medkit/repair/extinguisher. They got rid of shared research. You can imagine how that works with radios and the guns on the French heavies. They also removed most of the maps "to update them for next-gen" and two months later they're not back. So if crew 2.0 is a disaster, I can guess it won't be quite as bad as 6.0 on console.

Speaking of PC, how do you go about joining the clan? I'm on the NA server, same name in game as on here.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Tergaso posted:

Sounds like the console version, the big update in December made it so all consumables were considered "used" even if you didn't activate them (they also had a tendency to default to gold for resupply costs!). Part of the reason I switched to PC, I was losing silver with most matches even with the basic set of medkit/repair/extinguisher. They got rid of shared research. You can imagine how that works with radios and the guns on the French heavies. They also removed most of the maps "to update them for next-gen" and two months later they're not back. So if crew 2.0 is a disaster, I can guess it won't be quite as bad as 6.0 on console.

Speaking of PC, how do you go about joining the clan? I'm on the NA server, same name in game as on here.

The police academy is a good start

Ayyyy

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Tergaso posted:

One of us can get you in. I can get you into Discord but some of the other residents of the thread can get you in faster. I'll send you a PM to our discord.

E- I cant read. :suicide:

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 19, 2021

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

BadLlama posted:

let me get into my time-machine, travel back to 2015 and hear about how we are getting sixth sense baseline any day now

This cheered me up. I've quit and come back twice now in the time it's taken them to take this idea and make it a reality. Maybe a third time if they still can't figure it out in a year or so.

Unrelated, but I kind of feel six sense ruined the game. Used to be you knew you went to a bad spot by getting shot. Then you didn't go there again the next time and you learned something. Now you roll out, roll back, wait 4 seconds to see if your six sense kicked on to know if that was a dumb spot. Meanwhile, if you got a lot of time on your hands while sitting behind rocks hiding from arty (and who doesn't) you can figure out where someone is spotting you from by slowly rolling out and back in and figuring out the only angle they could have spotted you from and what bush lines up from that angle. Back in my day, you rolled into a bush and died and that's how you know you f'd up.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Countless months later and I'm still grinding the WZ-111-1G FT at Tier VIII. It's great, a perfect TD, honest.

:thumbsup:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Tergaso posted:

Invite sent.

Also, note to self: clear out some inactives, the clan will be full again.

Edit: he was clearly in-game and accepted the invite right away, so we were at 100. I went through and booted 28 players who hadn't fought a battle in 1 year, so we should be good for a while. I also went through the roster and issued promotions, so if you have the ability to accept new players feel free to send the invites.

TracerM17 posted:

Unrelated, but I kind of feel six sense ruined the game. Used to be you knew you went to a bad spot by getting shot. Then you didn't go there again the next time and you learned something. Now you roll out, roll back, wait 4 seconds to see if your six sense kicked on to know if that was a dumb spot. Meanwhile, if you got a lot of time on your hands while sitting behind rocks hiding from arty (and who doesn't) you can figure out where someone is spotting you from by slowly rolling out and back in and figuring out the only angle they could have spotted you from and what bush lines up from that angle. Back in my day, you rolled into a bush and died and that's how you know you f'd up.

It's definitely a weird mechanic, something that doesn't quite have a counterpart in any other game that I can think of. I do remember the pre-6th sense days, and how everyone was basically driving blind compared to now. I can't say I prefer the old days, but the real problem with 6th sense is that it's such an advantage, it's a requirement rather than an option and really has to be all-or-nothing, i.e. a default mechanic for every crew or just not in the game. It's one of the closest things to being actually P2W considering you can spend gold/real money to convert crew XP, buy skill books, and pay for premium tanks with pre-trained skills.

Atomizer fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Feb 19, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The US Tier 9 SPG, M53/55 -- good or bad? I unlocked it last night but haven't bought it yet.

Also, what's the verdict on the French Bat-Chat mediums? I'm wondering if I should stick with the B-C 12t to unlock the T9 medium as well, or just power through to the AMX 13-90 immediately. Of course it's a bit of a moot point seeing as the Top of the Tree ends tomorrow and there's no way I'm unlocking the T10 light by then. I'm at about 130k/180k to unlock the AMX 13-90 as it is.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The US Tier 9 SPG, M53/55 -- good or bad? I unlocked it last night but haven't bought it yet.

It's literally the best SPG in the game.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

It's literally the best SPG in the game.

Guess I should get it then!

E: bought it. Pretty cool that I can't even put on a rammer or any other piece of equipment until I grind out the 25k XP to upgrade the tracks :v:

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Feb 19, 2021

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Also, what's the verdict on the French Bat-Chat mediums? I'm wondering if I should stick with the B-C 12t to unlock the T9 medium as well, or just power through to the AMX 13-90 immediately. Of course it's a bit of a moot point seeing as the Top of the Tree ends tomorrow and there's no way I'm unlocking the T10 light by then. I'm at about 130k/180k to unlock the AMX 13-90 as it is.

They're great, you can clip same tier mediums to death with both, they're fast, and have decent camo.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

BadLlama posted:

I was disappointed by the turret on that tank. It can troll T8's just fine but T9 and above most standard rounds will be an 50/50 coin flip while 2 keys are pretty much 100% pens on those large flat sides.

seconding this.
And its not only the sides. The gun mantled can be penned as well. even in max depression situation its only going to bounce 45% of regular shots.
Gun handling is crap in that tank it misses constantly
progetto 55 is just better tank in my opinion
Its however not completely bad. 4 shell clip is nice.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I love my Batchat, but it is a relic of a bygone time as of this point. It needs some buffs.

I do totally want to buy an actual model of that tank at one point. Batchat is so awesome looking, but trying to find an actual model of it is so hard.

Metal Kits like this.

Or expensive tiny models like this.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 19, 2021

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Give the Bat-chat like 10 more rounds at least and it would be a huge buff even if they didn't change anything else.

Long games where I have like 6 shells left and there are still 4 enemy tanks alive and I have to do calculus to figure out what I am going to do..

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Gun could use a little love as well. Shockingly derpy.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The stock gun on the M53/55 is utterly worthless. It has like T5-T6 splash radius, so you'll never damage a loving thing with it, so hope the muppets on your team fire at poo poo after you stun it!

E: they won't.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 19, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The stock gun on the M53/55 is utterly worthless. It has like T5-T6 splash radius, so you'll never damage a loving thing with it, so hope the muppets on your team fire at poo poo after you stun it!

E: they won't.

Keep going, once you get the top gun it will allllllllllllllllllllll change.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZV1gGmUJaE

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I hated that video so much less than I expected.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I've oft-times wondered if WoT could benefit from rigging up a foot pedal/switch as a substitute for left clicking. You wouldn't move your hand subtly when firing and you'd get that Fury-like ONNA WAY realism boost every time you sent a round out.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I've oft-times wondered if WoT could benefit from rigging up a foot pedal/switch as a substitute for left clicking. You wouldn't move your hand subtly when firing and you'd get that Fury-like ONNA WAY realism boost every time you sent a round out.

Mix metaphors and wire it to a digital bass drum foot pedal so you can rock it while you send it.

Fake Edit: This started as a joke but I just ordered this off Amazon. Fully preparing to Send It.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

In the end the Bat-Chat 12t and I got along fine. AMX 13 90 unlocked, but I'll keep playing to get the BC25 as well.

My first ever MoE :c00l:

E: literally 9 XP away from completing the "finish with the most XP on your team" mission too.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

BitBasher posted:

Mix metaphors and wire it to a digital bass drum foot pedal so you can rock it while you send it.

Fake Edit: This started as a joke but I just ordered this off Amazon. Fully preparing to Send It.

:black101:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I was able to macro my foot pedal to mimic it. But its super sensitive so I just stuck with using my mouse to aim and fire.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Katamari Democracy posted:

I was able to macro my foot pedal to mimic it. But its super sensitive so I just stuck with using my mouse to aim and fire.

I'd imagine it'd work well for double-barreled tanks, at least. You wouldn't have to worry as much about your hand moving trying to line up the shot while keeping the designated button held down.

More of a liability for autoloaders, though.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

I love my Batchat, but it is a relic of a bygone time as of this point. It needs some buffs.

I do totally want to buy an actual model of that tank at one point. Batchat is so awesome looking, but trying to find an actual model of it is so hard.

Metal Kits like this.

Has anyone actually built one of those models? It looks cool, and is cheap enough to give it a shot, but there are no reviews and the finished model is like 6x2x2" despite consisting of 184 pieces?!?

Let us know how this works, I've already put it in my "saved for later" section!

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

BitBasher posted:

How do you reverse?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

bomb posted:

How do you reverse?

Like a coward, most of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Bought a Tier 10 and two tier 9s. I am officially out of silver so I assume the black market will be announced next week.