Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
GET IN LOSERS, WE"RE GOING RACING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

lol the 24 is ripping itself apart

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

tomorrow is a holiday

Yeah, it is a holiday, but still a work day for me and most everyone I know. Essential workers rarely get holidays off.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
What the gently caress was that

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Wow. Great Series.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Lol dude created that wreck then won. That was amazing.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I can't remember the last NASCAR Cup race I've seen that didn't end with a massive crash after the white flag was waved.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
McDowell definitely caused that lmao

I wonder if he will be literally Derrike Cope in thirty years

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Michael McDowell hat trick-

Wrecked 1st place
Wrecked 2nd place
Thanks Jesus in Victory Lane

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 16 days!)

GD_American posted:

Michael McDowell hat trick-

Wrecked 1st place
Wrecked 2nd place
Thanks Jesus in Victory Lane

The Brian Vickers Special
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CmNguwkeu8&t=483s

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Peanut President posted:

The Brian Vickers Special

I was at that Dega race. We had to run because the beers being thrown from the upper deck were like that scene from 300 where the arrows blotted out the sun. And some were falling short.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
nascar sucks lol, they managed to make racing feel fake

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Vasukhani posted:

nascar sucks lol, they managed to make racing feel fake

Best. Season. EVER

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
The dumbest sport in history.

Amazing.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

wtf i missed it?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Pinecone Sample posted:

McDowell definitely caused that lmao

I wonder if he will be literally Derrike Cope in thirty years

The real fun is going to be 25 races from now when McDowell is 24th in points but going to the playoffs and either Brad or Joey didn't get a win and had a marginal season and will miss the playoffs by like 3 points.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

bigbillystyle posted:

The real fun is going to be 25 races from now when McDowell is 24th in points but going to the playoffs and either Brad or Joey didn't get a win and had a marginal season and will miss the playoffs by like 3 points.

As I mentioned in Discord, 25 races from now will see us do the exact same thing over again in the hopes of the same outcome!

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Even though I've watched god knows how many NASCAR races, all I know about McDowell is that he ran in ChampCar briefly (cool!), ran in the Daytona 24 a bunch (cool!), is a big time religious nut (extremely not cool imo, your mileage may vary), he somehow still has a cup ride despite seemingly being notably bad, and basically every other driver in the field doesnt like him for one reason or other.

At least it took Daytona away from the big teams and thats very funny.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Another thing is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iQFoRoaKfs

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Cygni posted:

Even though I've watched god knows how many NASCAR races, all I know about McDowell is that he ran in ChampCar briefly (cool!), ran in the Daytona 24 a bunch (cool!), is a big time religious nut (extremely not cool imo, your mileage may vary), he somehow still has a cup ride despite seemingly being notably bad, and basically every other driver in the field doesnt like him for one reason or other.

At least it took Daytona away from the big teams and thats very funny.

McDowell actually replaced RHR at Rocketsports. He did...poorly from what I remember but he only drove in maybe 3 races in 2005.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Cygni posted:

McDowell (other stuff) and basically every other driver in the field doesnt like him for one reason or other.

What's this about? I haven't heard anything about other drivers not getting along with him, although I don't follow the sport nearly as much as I used to.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

He's a helmet-wearing bitch

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/1454817859816

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

bigbillystyle posted:

i'm gonna have trouble getting fired up about a guy who didn't win all year not getting into the playoffs esp if it's joey logano

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

chamois posted:

i'm gonna have trouble getting fired

Welcome back, Kyle Larson!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

bigbillystyle posted:

That'd rule, actually. gently caress Joey Logano

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

If you were wondering about how that new NASCAR sitcom is on Netflix, it all comes down to how you feel about Kevin James. Either it's a giant piece of poo poo built around an unfunny star so loving lazy his character has the same name, or it's an unfunny low effort sitcom with a couple of driver cameos and the actually funny Gary Anthony Williams.

Just close your eyes and imagine it's Uncle Ruckus playing their chief mechanic, and it's 20% funnier

Also it's hilarious that they cast a cheap Allison Brie lookalike

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

I forgot about that.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

GD_American posted:

If you were wondering about how that new NASCAR sitcom is on Netflix, it all comes down to how you feel about Kevin James. Either it's a giant piece of poo poo built around an unfunny star so loving lazy his character has the same name, or it's an unfunny low effort sitcom with a couple of driver cameos and the actually funny Gary Anthony Williams.

Just close your eyes and imagine it's Uncle Ruckus playing their chief mechanic, and it's 20% funnier

Also it's hilarious that they cast a cheap Allison Brie lookalike

:agreed:

I'll watch it anyway for mindless "entertainment" and to see how far off it is from reality, which will, obviously, be a lot.

Everyone needs a dumb dumb show to watch once in a while.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bigbillystyle posted:

if someone on brad or joey or whoever's level can't make it past 15th in points they probably don't deserve to be contending for a championship anyway

hell i'd say if you can't make it up to 1st in points you probably don't deserve a championship but what do i know

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

kidcoelacanth posted:

if someone on brad or joey or whoever's level can't make it past 15th in points they probably don't deserve to be contending for a championship anyway

hell i'd say if you can't make it up to 1st in points you probably don't deserve a championship but what do i know

Yeah for sure, if you're fighting for the last spot there is a very good chance even if you get it you're probably going out really quickly but I can just imagine the anger when you see McDowell pass you by on the leaderboard because he was in the right place at the right time at Daytona and you've been struggling all year but still miles better than that team. Plus I'd bet at this point there have to be contract bonus for making the chase and/or each round of the chase that are lucrative enough even if you aren't going to sniff a championship.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

bigbillystyle posted:

Yeah for sure, if you're fighting for the last spot there is a very good chance even if you get it you're probably going out really quickly but I can just imagine the anger when you see McDowell pass you by on the leaderboard because he was in the right place at the right time at Daytona and you've been struggling all year but still miles better than that team. Plus I'd bet at this point there have to be contract bonus for making the chase and/or each round of the chase that are lucrative enough even if you aren't going to sniff a championship.

you know maybe Brad should've thought about that before wrecking his team mate going into 3

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

:drat:

But for real, this is the NASCAR equivalent of "any given Sunday". Even the Jets win one sometimes 🤷‍♀️

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Elitist Bitch posted:

:drat:

But for real, this is the NASCAR equivalent of "any given Sunday". Even the Jets win one sometimes 🤷‍♀️

Don't remind me.
<------------ :mad:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Don't remind me.
<------------ :mad:

:hawksin:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

:argh:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

giants say hi

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I was going to suggest that McDowell could conceivably win his way into the second round of the chase if the Roval were in the first round, but it's not.

Had that been the case, he also conceivably could have been a threat at Talladega, which could have propelled him into the third round.

Now I'm bummed that chaos won't reign.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

oh my loving god this thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Skim Milk posted:

oh my loving god this thread title

The runner up for the subtitle was "Hard Rs earn Hendrick cars" but we figured that might cross some lines.