Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
rear end pas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
La$t Pa$$

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

so own up who was still using lastpass in 2021

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

I still use d:\my_passwords.txt, OP.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I still use d:\my_passwords.txt, OP.

Arguably safer than lastpass.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

"any password manager is better than no password manager"

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
A cloud password manager is negative security

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

xtal posted:

lol nah

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
lastpiss

ozymandOS
Jun 9, 2004

xtal posted:

:wrong:

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
lmao if you store your passwords in somebody's database

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Listen by storing them in the clear you get a lot of efficiency from economies of scale and de-duplication. It's just good common sense. Lol

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
lol at lastpass what kind of scrubs are still using that trash

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Probably the same kind who don't mind paying for it

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

xtal posted:

oO

Might be the dumbest post I've seen in this thread.

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 17, 2021

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

oO

Might be the dumbest post I've seen in this thread.
lastpass did have it so your secret key wasn't necessary to access your passwords, and a 2fa bypass. they were compromised while that was being disclosed, and kept claiming they couldn't access your password vault so the attacket can't - when they v much could

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

lastpass did have it so your secret key wasn't necessary to access your passwords, and a 2fa bypass. they were compromised while that was being disclosed, and kept claiming they couldn't access your password vault so the attacket can't - when they v much could

Iirc they were breached but no passwords were exposed during the breach.

Also his point was about "cloud password managers being negative Security", not specific to lastpass. There are other options available.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

apple keychain suits my needs but they need to make it a standalone app rather than buried in settings

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

apple keychain suits my needs but they need to make it a standalone app rather than buried in settings

and maybe open up their api so it works with chrome or something ffs

right now I use chrome on my Mac and safari on my iphone and it's really loving annoying to have two sets of passwords

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

go play outside Skyler posted:

right now I use chrome on my Mac
found the problem

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

right now I use chrome on my Mac and safari on my iphone and it's really loving annoying to have two sets of passwords

they did like two major iOS versions ago? you have to turn on auto fill from the chrome app in iOS settings

idk if saving works tho

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008

the API for the keychain is "open" in the sense that you can link Security.framework and read/write items... if your app is signed with the right entitlement. AFAIK the reason desktop Chrome doesn't use iCloud keychain is because Apple won't grant the relevant entitlement(s) to apps unless they are distributed through the Mac App Store and Google doesn't want to distribute Chrome through the MAS. and they're quite right. for one thing it would make their nearly automatic update story impossible and for another the mac app store loving sucks and neither users nor developers want anything to do with it.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

you can use icloud keychain on windows in chrome, but no such luck on mac

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/icloud-passwords/pejdijmoenmkgeppbflobdenhhabjlaj

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
so apparently you can use microsoft authenticator as a password vault on ios now. it syncs w/ edge on windows

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

your org can disable it tho

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
keep rear end

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

found the problem

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008

Buff Hardback posted:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/icloud-passwords/pejdijmoenmkgeppbflobdenhhabjlaj

yeah i came across that and found it kinda surreal that Apple has enabled this on Windows but not on the Mac: they ship a whole bunch of iCloud bullshit on Windows to enable various iTunes features, and I guess they're not as picky about which processes can read the keychain on that platform. still, loving weird that the Apple user experience should be better on Windows than on macOS.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

thing is, chrome sucks on macos and apple's not going to willingly push people to using it

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

DrPossum posted:

keep rear end
:same:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol
https://twitter.com/cabel/status/1362463790760030212

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

dorking lol

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

reposting the talk someone linked that includes the doorking key thing and a bunch of other rad poo poo: https://youtu.be/rnmcRTnTNC8

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9BxH8N9dqc

this one is a older Deviant talk but first published recently and i think he mentions the call boxes in this one too

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Buff Hardback posted:

lol

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Buff Hardback posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9BxH8N9dqc

this one is a older Deviant talk but first published recently and i think he mentions the call boxes in this one too

Pro click, especially for the industry war stories at the end

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

if you have a door king and linear call box key you can get into like 90% of buildings.

like not the mail key, the key that just opens the entire panel and lets you poke at relays inside.

Boner Wad
Nov 16, 2003
I like that it's super easy to short it... you don't even have to dig around.

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

Midjack posted:

dorking lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Boner Wad posted:

I like that it's super easy to short it... you don't even have to dig around.

if you don't feel like shorting the back of the mail key lock, and don't feel like finding the door relay and shorting that, you can just short the clearly labeled screws on the big terminal block