Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:siren: Lily Singh made new episodes of A Little Late, and they're starting tonight :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Lilly Singh is back for her second season tonight, and it seems she has retooled her show, mercifully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhx0Ku_D1VI

I was ready to check out after last season, but I’ll give it another shot.

Schedule for the week starting 2021.01.04
Subject and likely to change

Colbert
Monday - Chris Rock, Joss Stone
Tuesday - James Comey, Lili Reinhart
Wednesday - Samantha Bee, Paul Mescal
Thursday - My main man B-Sands, FINNEAS

Corden
Monday - Rob Lowe, Zoe Wees
Tuesday - Liam Neeson, Pillow Queens
Wednesday - Paul Bettany, Lennie James
Thursday - Andie MacDowell, Why Don’t We

Kimmel
Monday - Milo Ventimiglia, Jake Tapper, Queen Naija
Tuesday - Kyra Sedgwick, Aldis Hodge, JP Saxe
Wednesday - Bryan Cranston, Carrie Coon, Beach Bunny
Thursday - Javicia Leslie, Foo Fighters

Fallon
Monday - Rashida Jones, Bill Burr, Old Dominion
Tuesday - Anne Hathaway, Lilly Singh, Jazmine Sullivan
Wednesday - Riz Ahmed, Angela Bassett, Jacob Collier feat. Mahalia
Thursday - Anthony Mackie, Cristin Milioti, Rico Nasty
Friday - Nicole Kidman, Cole Sprouse, Henry Hall

Seth
Monday - David Spade, Amber Ruffin and Lacey Lamar (it’s her sister!)
Tuesday - Carey Mulligan, Leslie Jordan, Neil Gaiman
Wednesday - Rachel Brosnahan, Bobby Moynihan (a dyslexic nightmare)
Thursday - Anne Hathaway, Jane Levy

Conan
Repeats

pwn
May 27, 2004

And yet another Friday Colbert show that wasn’t announced earlier in the week

Friday - John Heilemann, Mark McKinnon, Alex Wagner, and Jennifer Palmieri, The War on Drugs

I should also note for posterity that the California shows (Corden and Kimmel) have gone back to their homes for the first weeks of 2021, and Conan has said in his podcast that that is why they have yet to resume production. Because recording interviews over zoom in his house is too different from recording interviews over zoom in The Largo, evidently

Corden returned to his studio Wednesday night. Kimmel is still broadcasting from his house.

Also I’ve been enjoying Singh much more this season. Granted, “much more” is very relative, but I appreciate the shift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojTELa_OIfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hdgXVvqyyw

pwn fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jan 16, 2021

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Yeah I like Llily Singh a lot :shobon: I'm very glad she's finding her groove. It didn't quite make sense for a youtube person to move to a traditional talk show format, and I'm glad what I've seen shows she's moving away from that a bit. She deserves success :)

pwn
May 27, 2004

Another big week: Colbert is doing a live show on Wednesday, though, considering the Inauguration is at Noon, it doesn’t seem necessary, but ok. Seth’s Wednesday and Thursday shows are TBA, he may do a live show too. And Conan finally officially starts his 11th and final season on TBS tonight, with no less than Bob Newhart. I’m sure it’ll be worth catching the full interview on YouTube.

Weirdly, Corden is a rerun tonight (Monday.)

Schedule for the week starting 2021.01.18

Colbert
Monday - Cory Booker, Infinity Song
Tuesday - Jason Segel, Black Pumas
Wednesday - (un unbelievably deep sigh) Jon Lovett, Jon Favreau, and Tommy Vietor, Peter CottonTale, Chance the Rapper and Cynthia Erivo feat. the Chicago Children’s Choir, Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras, and Kofi Lost
Thursday - Priyanka Chopra, Derek DelGaudio and Frank Oz

Corden
Monday - Rerun
Tuesday - Anthony Mackie, Machine Gun Kelly
Wednesday - Dakota Johnson, AJR
Thursday - Regina King, Quinn XCII feat. Chelsea Cutler

Kimmel
Monday - Dua Lipa, Cynthia Erivo, Local Natives feat. Sharon Van Etten
Tuesday - Casey Affleck, Adam Schiff, Jack Harlow
Wednesday - John Oliver, Charles P. Pierce, Ashley McBryde
Thursday - Allison Janney, Dana Bash, Best Coast

Fallon
Monday - Alex Rodriguez, Spike Lee, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis feat. Babyface
Tuesday - Dakota Johnson, Yara Shahidi, Tate McRae
Wednesday - Martin Scorcese and Fran Lebowitz, Hunter Schafer, Playboi Carti
Thursday - Shaquille O’Neal, Alison Brie, Pa Salieu
Friday - Rosario Dawson, Daveed Diggs, Amanda Shires feat. Jason Isbell

Seth
Monday - James Spader, Anthony Atamamuik
Tuesday - Rachel Maddow, Guy Fieri
Wednesday - TBA
Thursday - TBA

Conan
Monday - Bob Newhart
Tuesday - Aubrey Plaza
Wednesday - Max Greenfield
Thursday - Rachel Brosnahan

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

First time in forever I laughed at a Colbert skit with Gilbert Gottfried in a blonde wig yelling "I WISH I HAD MORE HOLES!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mQgICiHJ_c&t=485s

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Stare-Out posted:

First time in forever I laughed at a Colbert skit with Gilbert Gottfried in a blonde wig yelling "I WISH I HAD MORE HOLES!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mQgICiHJ_c&t=485s

I was laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

We are approaching the 11-year anniversary of Conan O'Brien's last Tonight Show.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Steve Vader posted:

We are approaching the 11-year anniversary of Conan O'Brien's last Tonight Show.
:corsair:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Wow, Seth Meyers does a fantastic Mitch McConnell impression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75frb_9hZp4

Skip to around 5:30 for context, which he follows up with using the impression.

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/peterbotte/status/1351695076016197642?s=21

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The not you meme but with conan

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Had to check the bio to see what would prompt someone to write such a lame tweet, and while the NY Post bit was a surprise the eye rolling poo poo of listing your kids wasn't.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/media/nbc-sports-network-shut-down/index.html

shakeup at NBC, wonder if they're gonna touch late night at all

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/media/nbc-sports-network-shut-down/index.html

shakeup at NBC, wonder if they're gonna touch late night at all

Unlikely. They are killing NBCSN and moving much of it’s content to USA to try and prop up that channel along with Peacock.

USA has been in dire straits for at least a decade now. After their hits ran their course and in a few cases over stayed their welcome they did not or could not create another hit. They spent a ton of money on keeping WWE on the network, in an attempt to keep the overall network rating up even though advertisers stay away from WWE programing.

They attempted to get on the Mad Men/Breaking Bad train with making several well made dramas; Mr. Robot, The Sinner, Queen of the South which due to a mixture of poor marketing and their history of low rent programing never got the audiences they were desiring.

It looks like they are hoping to use Sports programing on USA as a way to prop up the stations ratings and hopefully leverage that viewer base to rebrand and launch new programing. It also signals that they are likely going to pivot away from WWE programing as a mainstay on the network. Their ratings have been rapidly falling for years for various reasons and are unlikely going to be renewed. Also the main long term advocate for them left NBC/U last year.

The most interesting part of the new is what moves to Peacock really. They are really trying to find something that will get people interested in using the service. While I think EPL or F1 races might get a small audience I don’t think either are a big enough draw in America.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

F1 averages ~670,000 viewers on ESPN2, so it's basically NXT with a more desirable demo.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

blunt posted:

F1 averages ~670,000 viewers on ESPN2, so it's basically NXT with a more desirable demo.

Well NBC is desperately trying to find something to get people to pay for the service. F1 and EPL are two things that have proof that people will pay to watch in the past.

I know I’d love to watch every episode of the Tonight Show and Late Nite but I am a very small minority. They have discovered that the Office and Parks and Rec aren’t huge draws. Much like how Warner has figured out much of what they paid for isn’t a huge draw either.

It will be interesting in seeing how the streaming services survive the next few years. I still fully expect most of the to die off outside of Netflix, Disney and HBO when companies figure out it is a hell of a lot more profitable to just license their poo poo to one of them and not deal with the rest of the nonsense.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Put the entire Tonight Show archives from 1972 onwards along with the 33 surviving New York Carsons and whatever few complete Paar and Allen shows are still in existence (pretty sure all six months of Tonight! America After Dark are completely obliterated from historical record,) all iterations of Late Night, Tomorrow with Tom Snyder, Later with Bob Costas, and actually pay to clear all the music, and I’ll subscribe for whatever’s left of my life.

Until then, I don’t intend to ever pay for or use Peacock.

Carson’s estate licensed 366 (or 364? It’s been a while) episodes to run on Antenna TV a few years back, which was insanely cool... except that when the new year rolled around, they just started over from the first episode they ran a year earlier, and just keep running the same episodes. And cut virtually every musical performance. And replaced all of Doc’s music with royalty-free library tracks.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Larry King, when the walls fell.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

tarlibone posted:

Larry King, when the walls fell.

Geoff Peterson, his arm wide.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Steve Vader posted:

Geoff Peterson, his arm wide.
In case this goes over anyones head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyt64atjBMw

Never fails to cheer me up.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like to think ‘stasis’ is a Red Dwarf reference, a show Craig was in for an episode but I’m not sure he remembers.

https://youtu.be/uBNizB6KRnI

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Djarum posted:

It will be interesting in seeing how the streaming services survive the next few years. I still fully expect most of the to die off outside of Netflix, Disney and HBO when companies figure out it is a hell of a lot more profitable to just license their poo poo to one of them and not deal with the rest of the nonsense.

I mean, the whole television entertainment industry is in a bit of spot right? They oversaturated cable with too many networks and are doing the same with streaming services. Too many choices, too many networks that one show is maybe carrying them. If I were CBS/Viacom, why do you have 6 different MTV networks that barely anyone is watching? Sure nostalgia helps but yeesh, you barely have enough programming to fill your prime networks.

Like streaming services...who barely have enough programming and are hoping the pull of nostalgia will draw you to pay $5 when you want to watch Fresh Prince or Friends.

Also, that's sad with USA cause I loved the Characters Welcome Era and they seem to just drop it after Royal Pains.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Mooseontheloose posted:

I mean, the whole television entertainment industry is in a bit of spot right? They oversaturated cable with too many networks and are doing the same with streaming services. Too many choices, too many networks that one show is maybe carrying them. If I were CBS/Viacom, why do you have 6 different MTV networks that barely anyone is watching? Sure nostalgia helps but yeesh, you barely have enough programming to fill your prime networks.

Like streaming services...who barely have enough programming and are hoping the pull of nostalgia will draw you to pay $5 when you want to watch Fresh Prince or Friends.

Also, that's sad with USA cause I loved the Characters Welcome Era and they seem to just drop it after Royal Pains.

Well having a bunch of channels for MTV as an example makes sense with their old programing model. You play a majority of music videos as your programing, with it separated by genre. The problem there is they shifted entirely away from music at all, lost their audience and basically survive on nonstop repeats on awful reality series they make.

The cable system is collapsing due to oversaturation of channels with little programing on them coupled with rapidly increasing cost. A big reason why news is absolutely destroying everything else on cable is they are giving fresh content. I can't tell you how many channels on my guide are just replaying the same programing all day. It's no wonder why people have gravitated to streaming for the same thing without commercials. You also now have 3 or 4 big players in pay tv, compared to the hundreds of small cable systems before. Prices has risen and viewership has fallen, which networks have less bargaining power than before.

A big problem is programing, which I think most television executives have lost the forest for the trees in terms of programing. A big thing of cable was just squeezing as much out there as possible. A good example of this was USA in the 80s and much of the 90s. Their programing was a mixture of reruns of older shows, older movies and some limited original programming. You wanted to watch an episode of Press Your Luck? You better tune in at 12:30 or else you have to wait until tomorrow. It gave a reason to tune into stuff. You would find a random cool low budget movie on at like 1am. That never happens now. What movies are shown on cable, across the board, as a couple year old blockbusters that are rerun to death. I think at this point everyone has seen Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Transformers, MCU, etc more than enough. Most channels have very little diversity now outside of the one or two shows that maybe carrying them. Which even the era of big hit cable shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc has mostly ended.

Pay TV in general is going to go through a reckoning in the next few years. The break of NBC killing their sports network is the start of a move towards consolodating of all cable networks. Streaming will likely weed out those that don't have compelling content sooner than later.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I like to think ‘stasis’ is a Red Dwarf reference, a show Craig was in for an episode but I’m not sure he remembers.

https://youtu.be/uBNizB6KRnI

He remembers, watching his performance was a big part of why Craig always said he'd never do a guest on Dr. Who.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9od6OlaPgc

pwn
May 27, 2004

Apparently James Corden had a special live show after the AFC Championship game last night! The guests were Rob Gronkowski, Joe Montana, and Stephen Curry.

Schedule for the week starting 2021.01.25

Colbert
Monday - Serena Williams, Dayglow
Tuesday - Colin Firth and Anthony Tucci, Adrianne Lenker
Wednesday - Billy Crystal, Representative Jackie Speier
Thursday - Viggo Mortensen, Charles Blow
Friday: The best of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

Corden
Monday - Halsey, Penn and Teller
Tuesday - Jared Leto :barf:, Jacob Collier
Wednesday - Adam Devine, BLACKPINK
Thursday - Carey Mulligan, Jhené Aiko

Kimmel
Monday - Dax Shepard, John Wilson, I Don’t Know How but They Found Me
Tuesday - Anthony Anderson, Sal Iacono, Death Cab for Cutie
Wednesday - Naomi Watts, Leslie Odom Jr
Thursday - Michelle Pfeiffer, George Lopez, Arlo Parks

Fallon
Monday - Jared LetFUCK OFF M8, Jane Lynch, Jade Bird
Tuesday - Susan Sarandon, JJ Watt, Thad Cockrell
Wednesday - Rami Malek, Bridget Everett, Jesus Trejo
Thursday - Kegan-Michael Key, Terry Gross, Fontaines D.C.
Friday - Justin Timberlake, London Hughes, Ozuna x (“And.” “And” is the word you’re looking for. loving kids these days and using “x” for “and” i swear to god get off my lawn and use the right words) Anuel AA

Seth
Monday - Gillian Anderson, Kate Flannery, Bartees Strange
Tuesday - Ted Danson, Brooks Wheelan, Ann Pratchett
Wednesday - Stanley Tucci, Kate Berlant and Jacqueline Novak
Thursday - Desus and Mero, Ryan Shazier

Conan
Monday - Nicole Byer
Tuesday - Jason Segel
Wednesday - George Wallace
Thursday - Phoebe Dynevor

pwn fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 30, 2021

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17GGOOi6ETA

any time Deon Cole is on is a good time

pwn
May 27, 2004

Partially-new Late Show tonight: The best of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris :shrug:

pwn
May 27, 2004

Colbert will be doing a postgame episode after the Super Bowl, I imagine it will be live though that hasn’t been confirmed. Also Friday is currently scheduled to be a repeat, but since 6 out of the past 7 show weeks have had a :airquote:rare:airquote: Friday show, the odds are good that there will be one.

Over on NBC, on Tuesday night, Fallon will hit show #1,400, and Seth will reach show #1,100. They both started within a week of each other 7 years ago this month. 1 day a week off adds up, eh?

Also Pentatonix is on Kimmel on Friday, which is surprising since I thought NBC put them back in the attic a week after Christmas.

Schedule for the week starting 2021.02.01

Colbert
Monday - Ethan Hawke, Mickey Guyton
Tuesday - Zendaya, Father James Martin
Wednesday - Salma Hayek, Mark Harris
Thursday - Tiffany Haddish, H.E.R.
Friday - :shrug:
Sunday - Special post-Super Ball LV Episode

Corden
Monday - Viggo Mortensen, Quinn XCII feat. Chelsea Cutler
Tuesday - Naomi Watts, FINNEAS
Wednesday - Kal Penn, Josh Groban
Thursday - TBA, Michael Kiwanuka

Kimmel
Monday - Robin Wright, Chef Chris Bianco, Bahamas feat. Teskey Brothers
Tuesday - Matthew McConaughey, Kathryn Hahn, Rhye
Wednesday - Magic Johnson, Jenny Slate, Ashnikko
Thursday - Jamie Dornan, Robin Roberts, Pentatonix

Fallon
Monday - Bryan Cranston, John Cena, Remi Wolf
Tuesday - Drew Barrymore, Talib Kwell, Nilüfer Yanya
Wednesday - Kelly Ripa, M. Night Shyamalan, Fireboy DML
Thursday - Mike Myers and Dana Carvey, Camila Mendes, Olivia Rodrigo
Friday - Dolly Parton, Noah Centineo, Slowthai feat. Skepta

Seth
Monday - Post Malone, Mary Steenburgen
Tuesday - David Duchovny, Elizabeth Olsen, Wright Thompson
Wednesday - Amy Schumer, Thomas Middleditch
Thursday - Michelle Pfeiffer, Joe Gatto, James Murray, Sal Vulcano and Brian Quinn

Conan
Monday - Jay Baruchel
Tuesday - Mike Birbiglia
Wednesday - Kyra Sedgwick
Thursday - Bryan Cranston

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

pwn posted:

Thursday - Mike Myers and Dana Carvey

Finally, we're getting Wayne's World 3, Bill & Ted Face the Music style?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

jojoinnit posted:

Finally, we're getting Wayne's World 3, Bill & Ted Face the Music style?

They teased a Super Bowl ad on SNL last week.

Old Wayne Looks Wrong. Old Garth, however, doesn't make much difference.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's the long-rumored, eagerly anticipated Love Guru/Master of Disguise mash-up!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Steve Vader posted:

They teased a Super Bowl ad on SNL last week.

Old Wayne Looks Wrong. Old Garth, however, doesn't make much difference.

Oh. I live overseas so I don't see TV ads, I get my late night fix on YouTube the next day. I'm significantly less excited but I'm happy Dana is getting some work.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

Oh. I live overseas so I don't see TV ads, I get my late night fix on YouTube the next day. I'm significantly less excited but I'm happy Dana is getting some work.

Dana's been working a bunch, and his sons are getting into comedy too. Started off completely on their own without telling Dana, but he's been guiding them and teaching.

I forget where it was (Stern or Seinfeld on Cars) but he talked about being in the club when they were bombing and he had to leave the room because it was too much for him, lol.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Here's the Wayne's World Super Bowl Commercial in question.

pwn
May 27, 2004

One more listing for this overlong page. Conan is off this week, everyone else is new. Colbert had a rare Friday rerun last week, and this week is currently scheduled to be a rerun. For the record, Sunday’s post-game Late Show’s guests were Robert Downey Jr, Tiffany Haddish, and Metallica.

Schedule for the week starting 2021.02.01

Colbert
Monday - Queen Latifah, Steven Yeun
Tuesday - John Oliver, Ingrid Andress
Wednesday - Kristen Wiig, Rebecca Breeds
Thursday - Blake Shelton

Corden
Monday - Salma Hayek, Owen Wilson, The Weeknd
Tuesday - Elle Fanning, Sabrina Carpenter
Wednesday - Noah Centineo, Madison Cunningham
Thursday - Mila Kunis, Robin Thicke

Kimmel
Monday - Katy Perry, Bruce Arians, Michael McDonald
Tuesday - Wanda Sykes, Lucas Hedges, Waxahatchee
Wednesday - Mila Kunis, KJ Apa, Sam Dew
Thursday - Kevin James, Kat Dennings, Mammoth WVH

Fallon
Monday - Dave Grohl, Joel Kinnaman, Foo Fighters
Tuesday - Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Lakeith Stanfield, Joy Oladokun
Wednesday - Dwayne Johnson, Daniel Kaluuya, Chris Stapleton
Thursday - Cardi B, Alex Moffat, Lang Lang
Friday -

Seth
Monday - Bill Burr, Justin Hartley
Tuesday - Casey Affleck, Anthony Atamanuik
Wednesday - Allison Janney, Representative Cori Bush
Thursday - Will Forte, Annie Mumolo

Conan
Repeats

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
James Hetfield looked like Joe Biden

pwn
May 27, 2004

Only Kimmel is new this week, and he’s off tonight for Presidents Day, but there will be a Friday show. Also, in an odd twist, even though her predecessors will be dark this week, Singh will have new shows.

Schedule for the week starting 2021.02.15

Kimmel
Monday - Repeat
Tuesday - Bette Midler, Eiza González, Florida Georgia Line
Wednesday - Jason Bateman, Rosamund Pike, NAV feat. Gunna
Thursday - Jodie Foster, Kelly Marie Tran, Black Pumas
Friday - Kate Hudson, Dominique Fishback, Evanescence

pwn fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Feb 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts