Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Endorph posted:

these are some very good refs and i hope they go with something similar

I'd expect the references in the game to be more direct and be based off of the other XB2 (maybe even including Torna) party members because that's how Shulk's colors are set up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Reiley posted:

It's cool that by virtue of their costume designs Pyra/Mythra also end up representing Phantasy Star Online as Humarls or HUcaseals.

Especially with those alt-colour mockups yeah they look straight out of PSO which is cool because I love its artstyle.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Shulk has a swimsuit skin, Pyra and Mythra better drat well have one too

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Leal posted:

Shulk has a swimsuit skin, Pyra and Mythra better drat well have one too

And lest we forget.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Sakurai referencing Shulk and Pyra meeting before is possibly his deepest trailer cut in a while.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

RareAcumen posted:

I can't possibly hope to remember everyone that's contributed, if you've made a Terry Legs edit, mind posting them all again?

i know this was from like a month ago but i dont have this thread bookmarked ok get off my back

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

the only thing I know about xenoblade 2 is that I don't understand rex's pants situation

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

there should be zero references to XBX. each gameplay mechanic and character design was crafted to inflict severe psychic damage on players.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Tox_Zik/status/1362516903382646786

Simsmagic posted:

i know this was from like a month ago but i dont have this thread bookmarked ok get off my back

Whoa, thanks for coming through anyway, you're a champ!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

MechaSeinfeld posted:

there should be zero references to XBX. each gameplay mechanic and character design was crafted to inflict severe psychic damage on players.
Everybody's clowning on Rex, but at least he isn't Elma. He can drop in and make a cameo every once in a while, but Galeem blasted her to PNG Hell and she ain't getting out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Everybody's clowning on Rex, but at least he isn't Elma. He can drop in and make a cameo every once in a while, but Galeem blasted her to PNG Hell and she ain't getting out.

Hey, yeah, they were both spirits too weren't they? Man, so many people are getting upgrades.

I hope the 5th characters are Metal Mario and Luigi

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Simsmagic posted:

the only thing I know about xenoblade 2 is that I don't understand rex's pants situation

rex dives into clouds in search of treasure and materials which he sells for a living. his outfit is an unzipped version of his diving gear

its very goofy but its also cute imo

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

RareAcumen posted:

Hey, yeah, they were both spirits too weren't they? Man, so many people are getting upgrades.

There were quite a few spirits from XBC 2, Pyra and Mythra are both Legend class and pretty tough spirit battles. Heck, Mythra's unique in that she's the only support spirit that increases Critical Hits (the only other spirit that does this is the the Lyn (Blade Lord) spirit).

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Invictus posted:

oh buddy

buddy

:emptyquote:

Is this homestuck?

Super Jay Mann posted:

#BringBackPokeFloats

:same:

I said come in! posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is one of the worst Nintendo published games ever. I say this having loved Chronicles 1, and X, but XBC2 is Metroid Other M levels of bad. The characters, story, combat, needless grinding and waiting around to unlock skills, all bring it down to a 2 or 3 out of 10 for me.
/

:sickos:

Simsmagic posted:

:five:

My vote was for a pokemon this last time and by gum I'm probably gonna vote for another pokemon this next time. :japan:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lux Animus posted:

My vote was for a pokemon this last time and by gum I'm probably gonna vote for another pokemon this next time. :japan:

My first idea of another Pokemon rep was Cynthia as another Pokemon trainer like character but then I was listening to a podcast and they said put Jesse and James in but with no Pokemon of their own or maybe they share some. Either the two of them like Ice Climbers or they're trainers sending out Bewear and Wobbuffet or something.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Lux Animus posted:

Is this homestuck?

No, that'll be later in the fighter pass.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Welp that puts my video to shame lol.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Holy poo poo. :vince:

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Simsmagic posted:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

sharrrk posted:

rex dives into clouds in search of treasure and materials which he sells for a living. his outfit is an unzipped version of his diving gear

its very goofy but its also cute imo

drat kid, that's some moose knuckle, maybe take it up a size.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I don't know much about XB2, but Rex going "Pyraaaaa' was so cringy and bad that I am instantly grateful he's not the rep.
Also, Pyra/Mythra look really cool to play, and I should really get XB2 soon.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Eeepies posted:

I don't know much about XB2, but Rex going "Pyraaaaa' was so cringy and bad that I am instantly grateful he's not the rep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCoLf76dVMA

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ban english jrpg dubs

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Since the last time I posted a replay I feel I have gotten much better and, more importantly, better at identifying what I did wrong in any given game. However, I have once again had a game where I feel like I played very strongly but still lost, and would like some feedback as to what I could have done differently.

Before viewing this replay, please note that I do not normally spam the blunderbuss and crown as much as I do in this game. I do it here because I found it tp be particularly effective against this opponent, who I had fought a few times before this.

80T9V3FQ

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Super No Vacancy posted:

ban english jrpg dubs

but what about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNJRRR3jKcY

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Only 10% of dubs are good

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Rex sounds like a robot trying to imitate a human, that was so bad.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zore posted:

There's no real money pulls but the mechanics you use to get rare blades is identical to gacha including terrible drop rates.

It is an absolutely baffling design decision

whenever nintendo is introduced to a new concept they don't exactly understand it that well, this can have either good or bad results

also rex is a good character but boy does his va blow chunks, which is weird since xb1's dub ruled

e: the drop rates only become terrible when you have a couple rare blades left, but yes it's a dumb design decision

the dlc handled it much better by giving everyone a tag-team moveset and a static blade team

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Feb 19, 2021

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

sharrrk posted:

and heres the swimsuits if anyone was curious. Your welcome

Are they wearing heels? That's so dumb.

The swimsuits aren't bad. At least no worse than ZSS when it comes to be tight. The question is if there's too much leg or not, which again, ZSS reveals in her sports top outfit, which is my preferred way of using her tbh. I just try to imagine the stupid rocket heels as Chell's leg supports from Portal.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Are they wearing heels? That's so dumb.

The swimsuits aren't bad. At least no worse than ZSS when it comes to be tight. The question is if there's too much leg or not, which again, ZSS reveals in her sports top outfit, which is my preferred way of using her tbh. I just try to imagine the stupid rocket heels as Chell's leg supports from Portal.

ZSS's heels are weapons. They produce energy bursts, which are used in several places through her moveset. E: It's still dumb that they're heels, boots would do the same thing.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Feb 19, 2021

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

loving love it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
As dumb as it is, I imagine they don't bother remodelling without the heels because they'd have to change the leg animations to go with it. And yes, way too many female characters are made with high heels in mind first.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

theironjef posted:

drat kid, that's some moose knuckle, maybe take it up a size.

He's basically dirt poor at the start of the game so the implication is he's just used that for years.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Simsmagic posted:

:hellyeah:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This effort is insane. So much respect.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

The heels are cute and badass

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

RareAcumen posted:

My first idea of another Pokemon rep was Cynthia as another Pokemon trainer like character but then I was listening to a podcast and they said put Jesse and James in but with no Pokemon of their own or maybe they share some. Either the two of them like Ice Climbers or they're trainers sending out Bewear and Wobbuffet or something.

not going to lie a smash reveal involving their protect the world from devastation speech would probably be just as loving lit as Sephiroth showing up

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Someone actually made a playable character of The Imposter in Brawl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M8g3dIddAQ

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

who makes decent youtube character guides that are geared more towards casual players who would like to learn how to play a character a bit better but have no plans to get really good and learn all the bonkers high-level stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I want to try to get better but I also don't want to try very hard

that being said, Izaw is probably your best bet