Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
This Huntsman event is bringing a ton of people out, I'm really liking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I handled a Huntsman keyboard this morning at work. COINCIDENCE??????

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
So how do you farm components destroyed? Laserboating off legs and arms? I’ve completed all the objectives easily except for that one lol

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Just keep shooting.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Anything with lots of mgs will make open components disappear. Just hide behind your biggest friendly can opener and steal his beans.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I've done all of the objectives except for "shoot down 10 UAVs", since none of my mechs can look up. :(

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

IAmThatIs posted:

So how do you farm components destroyed? Laserboating off legs and arms? I’ve completed all the objectives easily except for that one lol

I usually take my Scorch with 2x LB 20-X + 4x SRM-A or one of my 4x LB 10-X mechs and aim at side torsos. Blasting a fool with a Scorch alpha normally blows off some part of their mech. The LB 10 mechs tend to rack up components without even trying.

THE BAR posted:

I've done all of the objectives except for "shoot down 10 UAVs", since none of my mechs can look up. :(

I use my ERLL Raven for that. I'm able to safely hang back under a nice ECM bubble, no one will notice if I'm ignoring the fight to farm UAVs, I've got the range to take out both mid-brawl and scouting UAVs, and I'm fast enough to reposition (keep up with the Nascar).

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Polka_Rapper posted:

I use my ERLL Raven for that. I'm able to safely hang back under a nice ECM bubble, no one will notice if I'm ignoring the fight to farm UAVs, I've got the range to take out both mid-brawl and scouting UAVs, and I'm fast enough to reposition (keep up with the Nascar).
I need to do the kill UAV one still. I have a kit fox with a pair of ER large lasers and triple AMS, don't remember if it has ECM or not. Hang back and enjoy. I just need to get to it.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

IAmThatIs posted:

Dual heavy gauss of the strat and it worked well.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Anyone have a good loadout for the TBR-C(C)? I got one from an event who know how long ago and I'm still rolling with the stock loadout since I can't figure out anything I'm that happy with.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Floppychop posted:

Anyone have a good loadout for the TBR-C(C)? I got one from an event who know how long ago and I'm still rolling with the stock loadout since I can't figure out anything I'm that happy with.

You could run the world's hottest laser vomit https://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=318&l=52fe10f21f0832854f66e8d2b86d0a69503a8db9

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Floppychop posted:

Timber isn't what it used to be. Try the 4xSRM4a + lb20 brawler. Season with lasers to taste.(srm+spl used to be okay, but then the nerf to spl happened) Keep in mind the -s torso's have hardlocked jumpjets and take up space and tonnage so they're not always the best option even though they have the most hardpoints.

If you like peek n poking the -A lt pod has 3 high placed mounts. LPL and ML's synch nicely. Two ppcs could be a thing if thats your preference.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Floppychop posted:

Basic laser vomit is the best it can do: TBR-C

You need the Hero RT to fit the 6 ERMLs in, otherwise, you gotta go down to 5. It's not a good mech. The mounts on half the lasers are too low, the engine is too big, and there are half a dozen other Clan Heavies that run the loadout better. No reason to drive it other than it being an iconic chassis.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Yeah, think I might just ditch the idea of trying to make it good and just have it as a garage queen. Thanks all though.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
whoever that goon in the supernova was ty for not teamkilling me while i tickled your back with machine guns

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Goast posted:

whoever that goon in the supernova was ty for not teamkilling me while i tickled your back with machine guns

Someone blasted my KGC in the back today on the way out of spawn and it was the first time I had ever considered trying to TK someone. I think seeing him run by my 54kph mech at 100kph afterwards really triggered me

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i am back to playing this stupid loving game and i still have my excellent [wint] clan tag

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Cease to Hope posted:

i am back to playing this stupid loving game and i still have my excellent [wint] clan tag

https://twitter.com/dril/status/905167692931506177?s=21

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always— do not forget this, Winston— always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine rockets sandblasting a LRMboat's back— forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b63X4FpuqIw

I really liked this event.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always— do not forget this, Winston— always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine rockets sandblasting a LRMboat's back— forever.

I love the crazy overkill

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

This is completely worth burning some MC on another mech bay.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
I see my original plans of cramming 6x SRM 2 into mine was a foolish and mistaken path.

Corn Burst
Jun 18, 2004

Blammo!

Floppychop posted:

This is completely worth burning some MC on another mech bay.

Just bought one. Worth it.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
Yep, 100% worth it. I've only played a few matches with it so far but it's a ton of fun. I kept the stock engine and didn't change anything other than armor and weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6oiyJUQcgs

Going to remove the soundpack I have. It sounded okay in game when I recorded but I think there are a few other issues it's causing. Also for those of you that use Shadowplay, what's the best way to stop it from automatically setting the recording resolution to 720p? It always seems to go off the launcher size.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Polka_Rapper posted:

Yep, 100% worth it. I've only played a few matches with it so far but it's a ton of fun. I kept the stock engine and didn't change anything other than armor and weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6oiyJUQcgs

Going to remove the soundpack I have. It sounded okay in game when I recorded but I think there are a few other issues it's causing. Also for those of you that use Shadowplay, what's the best way to stop it from automatically setting the recording resolution to 720p? It always seems to go off the launcher size.

I always have to toggle shadow play off and back on once the game gets to the right resolution. If I alt tab out or otherwise leave the game, I have to remember to do it again.

Should report it to PGI, I think there is an API McCall they can make to get shadowplay to follow the game res if it changes.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I really love the rocket javelin, but if you care about tier or you just want to play the rest of the match out after your free rocket kill the Osiris is great for it.

https://mech.nav-alpha.com/#509482bc_OSR-1V

Sometimes it doesn't quite one-shot the same way the javelin can but that's just down to picking the right target.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
Or fly this weird monstrosity

https://mech.nav-alpha.com/#d6cbbb84_HSN-8P

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Why would you have an LRM 5? That's a missile hardpoint that could be more rockets.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
My legit rocket launcher mech is my Centurion AH. https://mech.nav-alpha.com/#2fdab288_CN9-AH-STD

Dump an alpha into someone and then run around popping quirked and skilled AC/20 rounds at people.

EoRaptor posted:

I always have to toggle shadow play off and back on once the game gets to the right resolution. If I alt tab out or otherwise leave the game, I have to remember to do it again.

Should report it to PGI, I think there is an API McCall they can make to get shadowplay to follow the game res if it changes.

Thanks. I alt-tab constantly so I'll try to remember that I need to reset it when I do so. I'm assuming if I report it to PGI they'll have it fixed sometime next year at the soonest.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

I told you not to talk about that mech

are you an ace in it yet

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Third World Reagan posted:

I told you not to talk about that mech

are you an ace in it yet

Yes and i'm a broken man now :(

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
how come everyone who streams this game is either some sort of pastor or a 50 year old white supremacist

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

how come everyone who streams this game is either some sort of pastor or a 50 year old white supremacist

Battletech hasn’t had new fans since the late 80’s or so and white supremacists love tanks so as a consequence they love mechs

The pastor thing I dunno though

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

The pastor thing I dunno though

the ex-pastor and the priest dude were both cool, in fairness!

and gently caress, i'm getting up there, and i love tanks and robots, it's not hard to not be terrible

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

the ex-pastor and the priest dude were both cool, in fairness!

and gently caress, i'm getting up there, and i love tanks and robots, it's not hard to not be terrible

yeah father bill seems p. chill for the most part

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

Cease to Hope posted:

Is baradul a weirdo? I found his videos pretty relaxing and fun.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Cease to Hope posted:

Klanners

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

FishFood posted:

Is baradul a weirdo? I found his videos pretty relaxing and fun.

both he and B33f seem fine

B33f deserved a better game imo, his videos were hilarious

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

edit: oops, old post, ignore me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Father Bill and Nutty Rat have always been really chill and cool to play with. The B33f has a few off days, but is usually a lot of fun to play with. I've never had a positive match with Baradul. Every time I've played with him he just complains on comms the entire game.