Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

RandomPauI posted:

Some of the tunes on these albums sound similar enough. Which makes sense, because it's the same composer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCfV4JkvjG4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvGg3f3sKDw

Wait a sec...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKwOubXexgE

Maybe the soundtrack does exist?

oh hell yeah, it’s a start. thank you

AvesPKS posted:

Yeah I've had what I like to call the "danger theme" stuck in my head for a long time now. It think my favorite part is when the female Russian agent tries to bully Peter Graves.

put the gun away, stick to electronics, would ya?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is ripped straight from the movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A goofy thing about the new riff, Maximum Revenge, is that there are multiple characters in prison jumpsuits but for some reason only the (buff) main character has short sleeves.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

nishi koichi posted:

oh hell yeah, it’s a start. thank you

put the gun away, stick to electronics, would ya?

And she is now irrisistibly attracted to him. That's just how it works in Gravesland, baby.

AvesPKS fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 31, 2021

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

muscles like this! posted:

A goofy thing about the new riff, Maximum Revenge, is that there are multiple characters in prison jumpsuits but for some reason only the (buff) main character has short sleeves.

No concealed carrying of guns.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Going off recent events apparently I will always laugh my head off to the guys' reaction to The Guy (from Harlem) ordering a well-done New York Strip and J&B Scotch. "Please enjoy your burned meat and lovely Scotch, I guess."

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jan 31, 2021

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
Like a lot of library-music composers, Bembo has a bunch of tracks that are available for listening on APM Music.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1359238139219300356

"The most violent short on RiffTrax ever!"

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I like Matthew and Ian's dynamic, which has a real different vibe than the usual crew, but Invasion of the Bee Girls is better than usual. Terrific movie for this sort of thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I watched their riff of Hanger 18 the other day. What a weird movie. Like why did the government cut out the astronauts who actually saw the spaceship? Also apparently there's an alternate ending, which makes sense for how the ending they have is just voice over on top of a static image.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Invasion of the Bee Girls was lovely; just a stupid film and one that Ian and Matthew take on in a way Im not sure Kevin Mike and Bill could handle. The Veil isn't bad but my god the pacing of the show is so bad it hurts the riffs a little, which is a first for me.

Hangar 18 is an incredible riff and the ending is just amazing.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
It's weird, because the anglophile in me wanted to like those guys, but I just can't. I think something about how they speak turns me off instantly; it sounds a lot like performative "youtube voice" to me with. The delivery doesn't feel natural like the others do.

We recently watched Last Woman on Earth (the movie itself was just bizarre), and the difference between those guys and Bridget & Mary Jo really stands out. I can see why people like them, but they aren't for me (which is unfortunate, given that one of them did the only version of Armageddon, a movie that I have a long history with and one of the most riff-worthy mainstream movies ever made).

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

BaronVonVaderham posted:

We recently watched Last Woman on Earth (the movie itself was just bizarre), and the difference between those guys and Bridget & Mary Jo really stands out. I can see why people like them, but they aren't for me
Is it because you don't know enough about Boris Johnson? :v: I also just watched this last night and was confused by the movie. I wasn't sure if it was trying to say the husband was a jerk because I thought every guy back then was a jerk who expected the wife to just cook and clean, even after an apocalypse? Meanwhile the lawyer is just a nihilist or something because he gives no fucks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It feels like a movie that is working toward a twist ending where it only happened on their island and the rest of the world is fine (thus making the conflict moot) but nope.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
We spent a while after that movie going, "So....what was the lesson there? Who the hell were we supposed to be rooting for?" Especially with how that dude dies in the church and then abruptly THE END.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Interesting timing with the discussion of the Last Woman on Earth, today's new release is.....

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That’s actually a pretty good movie but it’s riffrrax worthy.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Last Woman on Earth feels like the film the director of "A Quiet Earth" watched as a child and went "I am going to grow up and do this better"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Interesting timing with the discussion of the Last Woman on Earth, today's new release is.....

"Rifftrax: Three guys cracking jokes as a man buries his wife in a makeshift grave."

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

"Rifftrax: Three guys cracking jokes as a man buries his wife in a makeshift grave."

Yeah this one didn't really work for us. Not funny enough to really outweigh the tragedy in the movie and they seemed to be talking over too much of the dialog in the last act to really know what the hell was going on. It's no House on Haunted Hill.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's arguably still the best film adaptation of the book

That's the risk you run with riffing a good movie that's not inherently silly

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Early announcement of this week's riff Double Dragon

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Early announcement of this week's riff Double Dragon

Welp time to get the money together

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unlike Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter they were able to swing it as a VOD.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Unlike Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter they were able to swing it as a VOD.

As a big fan of the games as a kid that movie distinctly stands out to me as one of the first I recognized as 'bad' and also such a bizarre departure from the video game. (I would be super happy if they actually cut some of the more 'hijinks' around Abobo which are just kind of dull and painful.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's release is Fungicide, from the director of Suburban Sasquatch.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

'Director'? I think you're stretching what that word can mean.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

If you haven't seen Fungicide it's a must see. Just a low budget all timer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its amazing how quickly Fungicide screws things up by having someone reading a newspaper upside down.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Its amazing how quickly Fungicide screws things up by having someone reading a newspaper upside down.

"Wait, should I turn it right side up-"
"KEEP ROLLING!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Double post but re: Fungicide also OH MY GOD.

https://twitter.com/ISASaxonists/status/1368361481897705474

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

If you need convincing to buy Fungicide simply watch this gif
https://twitter.com/ratfromhalo3/status/1368568645111193601?s=19

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is such a weird movie because there are definitely scenes that are supposed to be goofy but other times the "horror" is played straight. Also there are just really serious continuity issues. Like a scene where a character gets attacked and starts bleeding from his wrist and ankle, scene transition and he's wearing different clothes and just has an injury on his ankle.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Fungicide is another movie I saw before they decided to riff it. The thing I remember most is when a killer mushroom smacked a guy with a steel chair then applied an ankle lock submission.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

Davros1 posted:

Fungicide is another movie I saw before they decided to riff it. The thing I remember most is when a killer mushroom smacked a guy with a steel chair then applied an ankle lock submission.

:stare:

...well, gently caress, I have to watch this now. Maybe the killer mushroom was played by Kurt Angle? :v:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As stupid as it sounds the movie actually does try to justify the mushroom pulling wrestling moves.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

How is Fungicide not one of those movies where they try to be bad, and ruin any fun in the process? This one feels like a scam to do as little work as possible just to get money from people who "like B-Movies", and Rifftrax getting the rights to it is just a huge (?) payday for something they clearly didn't put effort into.

How do you see something like this:
and want to give these people money?

Yeah, this one put a hair across my rear end for some reason.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IUG posted:

How is Fungicide not one of those movies where they try to be bad, and ruin any fun in the process? This one feels like a scam to do as little work as possible just to get money from people who "like B-Movies", and Rifftrax getting the rights to it is just a huge (?) payday for something they clearly didn't put effort into.

How do you see something like this:

and want to give these people money?

Yeah, this one put a hair across my rear end for some reason.

Because it was made years before Rifftrax existed. While it is an attempt to make a "so bad it's good" movie and those are almost always no fun to watch, Fungicide is an exception. It was memorable when I found it on a B movie collection years ago and I laughed a lot watching the Rifftrax.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There’s a new short out riffed by Mary Jo and Bridget that has Phyllis Diller tell you how to make money with a garage sale. What a time to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

There’s a new short out riffed by Mary Jo and Bridget that has Phyllis Diller tell you how to make money with a garage sale. What a time to be alive.

Sold.

drat, Phyllis is good at this