Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

lih posted:

i feel like it's sort of a cop out for the dad to come around relatively easily just from the mum saying "look i read some books. lgbt is a real thing!" but i guess they want a happy ending and everything
It did feel somewhat overly convenient, but I think it makes some sense in the context of the setup: The dad only actually starts to listen when the mum weighs in and reveals that she has actually done some research on the topic, because from that point onwards he can't rationalize his behaviour with an "experienced adults telling clueless children how the real world works" framing anymore.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

He is a Magical Girl

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Well this sure is some fun light romantic poo poo. Shame it hasn't updated in months.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Not much in the way of lgbt stuff (yet?) but could head in that direction.

An isekai where the protag is instead saved and helped by wholesome beefy bara dudes: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/debuffed/list?title_no=527658&page=1

https://twitter.com/ghangaji_/status/1312231867475611648

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

if only it was a lady with wholesome hot babes saving her instead

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Aurora posted:

if only it was a lady with wholesome hot babes saving her instead

You have Mage & Demon Queen for that.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah but imagine if there was more than one Demon Queen

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

and imagine if they were all buff

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mage and 7 Femroes

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Kuros posted:

Not much in the way of lgbt stuff (yet?) but could head in that direction.

An isekai where the protag is instead saved and helped by wholesome beefy bara dudes: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/debuffed/list?title_no=527658&page=1

https://twitter.com/ghangaji_/status/1312231867475611648

::thateyesemoji:

Rody One Half posted:

Mage and 7 Femroes

:thateyesemoji:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Strong Dragon Quest energy.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Ore ga Watashi ni Naru Made is hitting me way harder than I was expecting it too. Melancholic children trying to figure out their gender identity is a real Genre, huh

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1205212

a new chapter of so, do you want to go out, or...? at last

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
The author of Kakeochi Girl has started a new manga! My Sister's Friend. It is just as extremely lesbian as the last.

Considering how absolutely phenomenal Run Away With Me, Girl was, I am expecting a whole lot out of this. First chapter has a lot going on already. The last page hit me like a punch to the gut.

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

gnome7 posted:

The author of Kakeochi Girl has started a new manga! My Sister's Friend. It is just as extremely lesbian as the last.

Considering how absolutely phenomenal Runway With Me, Girl was, I am expecting a whole lot out of this. First chapter has a lot going on already. The last page hit me like a punch to the gut.

I think there are only 3 chapters of this, but reading the first chapter it looks really promising. I picked up the source. I adore Battan's work.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Hopefully that last page is because she realized how loving badly she was acting

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
New Witch's Servant! :3:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Oh my god King Bull!!! :3:

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
extremely hosed up that king bull made me cry this chapter

that's illegal he's too horny to do this

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Latest Witch's Servant stirred up memories of not getting the presents I wanted when I was little because of gender.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
I can't even express how much I love what Witch's Servant has become :3: It's not "just" a super queer fantasy slice-of-life anymore, it's now explicitly about overcoming oppressive societal structures by forming communities built around mutual acceptance and spaces by and for marginalized people. I mean, that's not even subtext by this point, the characters are just outright saying it.
And, to repeat myself, I will forever be amazed that this manga managed to turn King Bull into a compelling character while leaving his base personality intact. Though now I'm almost as amazed that it somehow used an out-of-nowhere allusion to Ireland's colonial past as a thematically important story beat.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

egg tats posted:

that's illegal he's too horny to do this

Not anymore he's not!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1218837/1

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i see, i see

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Feb 25, 2021

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Excuse me, I binged the entirety of Witch's Servant (and my boyfriends told me I made the cutest gay noises) - but now there's none left??? Mods?????

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
I recommend going back through and grabbing screenshots of all the good reaction faces for sending to your friends and loved ones

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Lunar Suite posted:

Excuse me, I binged the entirety of Witch's Servant (and my boyfriends told me I made the cutest gay noises) - but now there's none left??? Mods?????
:3: I'd say cute gay noises are the typical reaction to Witch's Servant.
Have you already read the prequel? It's a lot less overtly queer, but I think it's still a nice story with some very interesting worldbuilding and great comedic timing.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!

T_T tengoku no kamisama bless these gays

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

YT recs started getting good for once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PuBb6AIbCs

After watching this for the 20th time I tracked down scans of the manga, there are some issues but for the early 80s its surprisingly solid so far. The most problematic elements aren't meanspirited they're played for comedy with the stuffy social conservative family members being the but of the jokes.

Think I recall watching a video essay on it and trans representation in manga awhile ago but don't recall much of what was said.
I guess it was this one since I liked it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa6MK_boub0

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I read it a while ago but don't remember much of it besides some cool looking covers, i been meaning to reread it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

wild how the Wikipedia article avoids ever acknowledging the notion that hibari is trans

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
You know I thought it'd be bad but the fact that the only actual mention of her being trans is the line about others suspecting her of being transgender is, upsetting to say the least.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Y'all know you can edit the Wikipedia entry right? It's literally the entire point of Wikipedia?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean tbf that's also a reason why many wikipedia articles are kind of weird

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah wikipedia can get bad with trans stuff. i.e the stuff with the picture's of sad children author

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
I deal with enough transphobia to my face right now to wade into the unknown (to me) of wikipedia edits.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
Archipel has an interesting interview of Hirashi Eguchi, the Hibari-kun mangaka.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a6Wqq4zifw

quote:

The ideal girl for me is the one I would have wanted to become if I were born a girl . . . . It really is the frustration of not being born as a girl which fuels my drawings.

Straight-up gender dysphoria :smith:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cephas posted:

Straight-up gender dysphoria :smith:
This loving sucks and living with someone whose pdd was most definitely exacerbated by it was heart-breaking to live with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Final chapter of FukaBoku just dropped.

No sign of Kotone and Mei getting together and I am extremely disappointed. I demand a sequel.