Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Jack is a himbo and nobody in Luann deserves him. Maybe Tiffany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's probably happy she's being looked after by a responsible family member.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Pastry of the Year posted:

You, the reader, are now dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYE84KgOPXY

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

Wrong, Holbrook, "The Cloud" means "Other People's Computers".

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Nov. 07, 1943)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Medenmath posted:

what the gently caress is going on goth girlfriend indeed

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
She's got an expert PUA game.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No adult answers "No girlfriend?" with "I HAVE LOTS OF FRIENDS THAT ARE GIRLS!"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 2/18/01

Brenda Starr 12/3-5/45

So, who DIDN'T figure this out a week ago?

Smokey Stover 7/2/39

Richard's Poor Almanac

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Medenmath posted:

:lol:

I've put it off for far too long, here's the Dinky Dinkerton and Flyin' Jenny Sunday Megapost since I haven't posted a Flyin' Jenny Sunday since the August 4th one for whatever reason wouldn't upload when I tried and then I got lazy and never got around to posting it or the follow-ups. Dinky Dinkerton is Sept. 8th, while Flyin' Jenny is Aug. 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th, and Sept. 1st and 8th. I'll try to avoid having to do this again in the future!

And Axa

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Gnoman posted:

I seriously doubt the author is going in this direction, but managed and regulated hunting is a huge part of conservation programs. Both because it is necessary to control population numbers in the shrunken habitats, and also because they charge enormous amounts of money for each hunt that provides a great deal of conservation organization funding.

https://www.iucn.org/commissions/co...life-management

Meanwhile, the kind of damage careless recreational sport can do is pure damage - there is no collective benefit, and no money going to useful ends .

There is debate about both points, but the attitude you are extrapolating from the comic so far is not inherently a contradiction.

good to know, thanks. still feels weird to not have it addressed in the comic but hopefully it will be mentioned at some point.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

SubNat posted:

Yeah, it's very good.

Moomin - Club life in Moominvalley

'I'm not sure the cow understood what I meant.' is one hell of a pre-prepped avatar for someone.

edit: also a very very late review while I have this on my mind: new Mark Trail is messy, but it's the energetic kind of messy that I enjoy, rather than whatever the hell it was via the creepy ol' coot and his combination of clip-art, tracing, and hashish-addled scribbling. The pacing is surprisingly quick for a serial newspaper strip too. I can get why some people got stuck on the fireworks in the helicopter, but I put that in the same action scene ballpark as 'punching someone unconscious is perfectly harmless' but for vehicles.
(also the Sunday animals are amazing)

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 20, 2021

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Medenmath posted:

Panels 3 & 4 are pretty much perfect.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Trust Moominpappa to pick the worst club of them all.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Kennel posted:

Panels 3 & 4 are pretty much perfect.

It pleases me very much that Foster didn't put into words what happened and trusted the audience to get it.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (March 6, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (April 16, 1918)

Hitz and Mrs. (December 1, 1923)

Gay and Her Gang (March 26, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (August 26, 1935)

Dark Laughter (November 22, 1941)

“Madam would tell us if a very dear friend of ours - A fellow named Bootsie, lives here.”

Mopsy Sunday (August 17, 1947)

Those Were the Days (September 13, 1951)

Dinky Fellas (May 17, 1965)

Wee Pals (May 17, 1965)

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Humor was loving harsh in 1918, man.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

FrumpleOrz posted:

Ella Cinders

That third panel is the quintessential Ella panel, and I only regret I'll never have the chance to use it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ingrid is terrible at flirting. She could have killed Eric three different ways already.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!
Lottie from Bad Machinery and Ingrid from Prince Valiant give off a similar energy. I'd definitely read something by John Allison where Lottie claims a himbo and injures him into dating her.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Drakyn posted:

'I'm not sure the cow understood what I meant.' is one hell of a pre-prepped avatar for someone.

Yeah, I'm thinking about it, altho I am attached to Trixie Slaughteraxe.

What's with the 1940's thing for including cutouts of the characters for the readers to dress up? Brenda Starr, Flying Jenny and Mopsy are all doing it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

What's with the 1940's thing for including cutouts of the characters for the readers to dress up? Brenda Starr, Flying Jenny and Mopsy are all doing it.

Paper dolls had a wave of popularity in the 30s and 40s -- especially since the Depression meant that a lot of families couldn't afford fancy toys.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Bobbins

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

No adult answers "No girlfriend?" with "I HAVE LOTS OF FRIENDS THAT ARE GIRLS!"

Eric the Saxon would and you know it.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Zereth posted:

Wrong, Holbrook, "The Cloud" means "Other People's Computers".

Maybe they're a AWS data center......or Holbrook has no idea what cloud computing is beyond SOME GIZMO.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell (September 20-24, 1999)

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

I'm a little confused. Is it trying to say that Anja and Heimo have become terrible parents because they're too busy with their careers, or is it just a "parents don't really know their children as well as they do" sort of thing, or a bit of column A and B?

So I guess they just ditched Mark Ten or something? Axa continues to be a massive disappointment.

And then Shelley ends up marrying a terrible rear end in a top hat instead. :smith:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Good Innvandrer

Pondus

TegneHanne

Intet Nytt Fra Hjemmefronten

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

amigolupus posted:

I'm a little confused. Is it trying to say that Anja and Heimo have become terrible parents because they're too busy with their careers, or is it just a "parents don't really know their children as well as they do" sort of thing, or a bit of column A and B?

Yes, it's both. These kind of eventful "experiences" let Heimo and Anja feel like they are a happy family without noticing that they are becoming increasingly estranged from Mikko. It's a storyline we'll be coming back to for the rest of the series.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

amigolupus posted:

Personally I would say this specific page is entirely the second one. Mikko doesn't seem unhappy here but he is clearly keenly aware of his parents' estrangement and wishes they would spend more happy times with each other, to a degree that they're probably not aware of.

The first one has also been implied before in other pages, of course.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

I knew that nylon was in short supply during and after the war, but not that there were riots.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Firstly, as described that is a guacamole, and secondly, ew.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

SubNat posted:

:arghfist:

:colbert: Pretty sure you'd need a hoity toity custom case to get one that's mirrored, so that the right-hand side is glass, and can let the RGB leak out that way.
(Also unless your pc is doing work overnight, like renders and etc, turn the thing off. Atleast put it to sleep.)

It's a Mac, duh.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 20, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 20, 1999)

Garfield Classic (June 20, 1989)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Slammy posted:

Mopsy Sunday (August 17, 1947)

Obligatory repost of Achewood

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

LazyQ posted:

Yes, it's both. These kind of eventful "experiences" let Heimo and Anja feel like they are a happy family without noticing that they are becoming increasingly estranged from Mikko. It's a storyline we'll be coming back to for the rest of the series.

It also feels highly prescient, made me think of facebook and instagram and people posting their lives, giving the impression of perfect lives, but in reality they're just like everyone elses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics, beware the last comic.