Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

lmao, the real MVP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Gobert may not be MVP but I watched those Jazz-Mavs games and I would give both legs and at least a couple of fingers to flip him and Porzingis

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

euphronius posted:

Well so anyway the East starters are fine. The west needed to be

Lillard
Luka
Ogbert
lebron
Kawhi

THank you euphronius

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Kibner posted:

Point-Zion Pels are apparently similar in performance to the new-look-Nets lol

https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/status/1362762807058440196?s=20

e: i like how the Pacers are dead neutral. it seems fitting

Defense is for nerds, losers, dweebs, and all manner of dorks. Besides, the 2001 lakers won the championship with the 22nd best drating in the league which means things are looking up for ol new jersey

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

euphronius posted:

Also Coach of the Year. The coaching job Lebron has done I have not seen mentioned much, but what he has done to get the Lakers playing together after a short off-season and with lots of changed faces has been remarkable. He could be in the HOF just as a head coach.

Coaching doesn't matter though

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Kibner posted:

e: i like how the Pacers are dead neutral. it seems fitting

It's so apt.

The dead neutral franchise since they came over from the ABA.

I'm ok with it. Will never win a championship, making it out of the first round is their peak. As long as they are entertaining I'm happy.

My DPOTY

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

This is incredible. maybe the most brutal block i've ever seen

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

Coaching doesn't matter though

* coaches

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
I actually had never seen that block. It makes one of my favorite dunks even better. KJ's Revenge in WCSF of that year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifx_gRF-ouU

Brolander fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 20, 2021

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Red Rox posted:

They loving well should

So I've done a bunch of reading since you posted about it and I also started lurking the discord and its wildly fascinating poo poo. I hope you make a bunch of money, but the dudes throwing down thousands of dollars* for gifs of Lebron dunking because they are certain someone is willing to buy their gif at 50k are loving wild.

I know this thing existed before GME, but it's clear they have been heavily influenced by GME and some dudes are going to get even more insanely burned, only instead of holding 300 shares of GME purchased at 400 that they took out a mortgage for, it'll be like 25 identical gifs of Luka making a layup.

Which is really funny.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

looking into buying a cold storage wallet for my dunks

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

They're already like a third of the way through the season they would have to fall a long way! It's not like they're getting lucky either beyond health they are blowing people out of the water. Only like two games in their current 20-1 stretch or whatever it is have even been withing single digits.

Yeah the Jazz are legit great. Maybe the coaches will have time to work out something to slow the Jazz down a bit in the ASG break but no one has time to do that right and they may have a 4 or 5 game lead going into ASG and that is usually enough.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

yeah not ideal

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

verbal enema posted:

yeah not ideal

Larry being gone sucks. No worries, Kevin will be back soon and back at prime Kevin levels. I just know it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Apparently Kyle Guy got 2 player votes for all-star

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

attn metapod

https://twitter.com/FOXSPORTSAZ/status/1362940000992698369

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Algund Eenboom posted:

THank you euphronius

Uour welcome

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

Devonte' Graham is pretty good tho

He's been sky high in Rpm all year, I don't know why and I can't say I've watched Charlotte more than 3 and a half times to know eye test wise.
Sometimes guys just bump up because of lineup quirks, sometimes guy would be much higher than you think they deserve because of priors (clippers Deandre Jordan), and sometimes guys would be in the top 5 because of network effects (draymond every year of the warriors dynasty). Unfortunately past years are always missing huge swathes of players because ESPN doesn't really care, or you could get a better picture.

But yeah it's a pretty good stat for judging defensive impact and seeing which rising tides are lifting boats, and seeing how good the best players on bad teams are with their teammates adjusted away.

Some people use RAPM now but I don't know where they go to check it.

One of my favorite thing about RPM is how clear it makes the value of the best players, especially the best 2's and 3's, with say 4 standout guys, 8 above average guys, and 20 interchangable guys. PFs might be the most equal impact of all positions. Centers and Point guards having biggest difference between competent starter and average backup. This is just stuff I'm pulling out of my rear end, but take a look and you may find it to feel true for you too.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 20, 2021

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Maybe someday Jokic will be good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You have to question ws 48 with results like that

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1362942034928148481?s=19

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

it's really funny how hard embiid gets babied by the refs

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dejan Bimble posted:

He's been sky high in Rpm all year, I don't know why and I can't say I've watched Charlotte more than 3 and a half times to know eye test wise.
Sometimes guys just bump up because of lineup quirks, sometimes guy would be much higher than you think they deserve because of priors (clippers Deandre Jordan), and sometimes guys would be in the top 5 because of network effects (draymond every year of the warriors dynasty). Unfortunately past years are always missing huge swathes of players because ESPN doesn't really care, or you could get a better picture.

Devonte’s counting stats are obviously bad but there are a few mitigating things. He’s been solid for most of the year but his shooting in the first 10 games or so were so horrific they tanked his percentages. He also shoots so much that teams have to respect him even if he’s not as accurate as last year, and he has the passing ability to punish teams when they overplay him

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
jamal murray drinking the strawberry milk tonight:

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1362951543981367306?s=20

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The random attack on Jokic as if he isn’t the best offensive creator at the 5 maybe ever is so weird to me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao he should be an all’s tar

“Random attack “ come on

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Embiid is good at basketball

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
getting all your basketball opinions from howard eskins's dipshit son lmao

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

a new study bible! posted:

So I've done a bunch of reading since you posted about it and I also started lurking the discord and its wildly fascinating poo poo. I hope you make a bunch of money, but the dudes throwing down thousands of dollars* for gifs of Lebron dunking because they are certain someone is willing to buy their gif at 50k are loving wild.

I know this thing existed before GME, but it's clear they have been heavily influenced by GME and some dudes are going to get even more insanely burned, only instead of holding 300 shares of GME purchased at 400 that they took out a mortgage for, it'll be like 25 identical gifs of Luka making a layup.

Which is really funny.

It is really fascinating and really dumb. Now that I’m up $300, I’m gonna try a couple more packs to see what happens, then try to figure out how to actually convert what’s left into real money.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Embiid and Murray hitting their first 50 point games within minutes of each other

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spike eskin hates Ben Simmons and I love him so get better opinions

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MourningView posted:

getting all your basketball opinions from howard eskins's dipshit son lmao

Some of us also get them from Derek Bodner, Rich Hoffman, and Kyle Neubeck thank you very much.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Embiid is doing very well for still being healthy so far.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

Embiid and Murray hitting their first 50 point games within minutes of each other

it's because they are a similar level of player

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cavauro posted:

it's because they are a similar level of player

Says a lot about jokic then that with Murray he’s only 15-14

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Euphronius please let me interview you this summer.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
to be fair, murray would be the 4th best player on the sixers

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

it's really funny how hard embiid gets babied by the refs
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1362965545306349570?s=19

euphronius posted:

Says a lot about jokic then that with Murray he’s only 15-14
Give it a loving rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rick posted:

Euphronius please let me interview you this summer.

I’m not doing much atm I can do it now