Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Gag rock was also silly Toei filler. Didn't happen in the manga.

Toriyama wrote being SSJ as always powered up and thus defense is on to some degree. Toei did the rock thing because they thought it was funny.

Similarly, Return of F screwed up by having the laser almost kill Goku when he was blue and the anime explicitly fixed it by having him power down all of the way before he got shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Saiyans are also just straight up naturally more durable than most species which is part of why they're so scary

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

See "Baby Goku falling off a cliff headfirst into a boulder"

That only ended up with mild brain damage!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mean, Saiyans literally feel comfortable sending their children as infants to random planets and expect to pick them up anything from weeks to years later having probably wiped out most of the planet's native life. Even loving parents like Gine keep their kids in suspended animation pods, a Saiyan toddler is a terror.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yeah, like my earthling 4 year old just kicked me in the face while we were playing and I feel like I need a senzu bean so I totally understand.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Siegkrow posted:

See "Baby Goku falling off a cliff headfirst into a boulder"

That only ended up with mild brain damage!

With the retcons I'm thinking it was more "Gohan kicked the poo poo out of him a bit too hard and made this up to save face." Which is understandable, since Goku was trying to kill all humans.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Rudoku posted:

With the retcons I'm thinking it was more "Gohan kicked the poo poo out of him a bit too hard and made this up to save face." Which is understandable, since Goku was trying to kill all humans.

It's technically accurate, Gohan just left out that it was a piledriver.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
grandpa gohan, the original baby driver

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New chapter:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dragon-ball-super-chapter-69/chapter/21893?action=read

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Good chapter. Lots of good lore.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Granolah putting an awful lot of faith in those mini starter-set dragon balls imo

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Heh, I don't think that dragon can give him that power. I wonder if it'll go the evil genie route.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
"Can't grant that wish. But I can lead you to some better Dragon Balls that can."

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Wow! Cool chapter!

While I don't think they would ever leave a (living) Goku completely out of the action, I feel like this arc is going to be heavily Vegeta focused, what with all of the stuff between him and Beerus and the legacy of saiyans stuff. Plus, with Ultra Instinct, I feel like Goku is even more of an "I win" button.

I'm not even a Vegeta fan, but I think this may finally be the arc where he gets the W. Also...can we please get some Piccolo too??

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Nanigans posted:

I'm not even a Vegeta fan, but I think this may finally be the arc where he gets the W.

The cycle begins.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Nanigans posted:

Wow! Cool chapter!

While I don't think they would ever leave a (living) Goku completely out of the action, I feel like this arc is going to be heavily Vegeta focused, what with all of the stuff between him and Beerus and the legacy of saiyans stuff. Plus, with Ultra Instinct, I feel like Goku is even more of an "I win" button.

I'm not even a Vegeta fan, but I think this may finally be the arc where he gets the W. Also...can we please get some Piccolo too??

That would be really good, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

TheHan posted:

The cycle begins.

This time it's going to be different!!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I like that their bringing up vegeta's guilt over what the sayians did, but I think Toriyama is sort of forgetting that Vegeta gleefuly did horrible poo poo before he met goku, so the idea of him not being weighed down by the sins of other sayians sort of falls flat when he was an active participant in atrocities.

Other than that minor quibble, good chapter.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Monaghan posted:

I like that their bringing up vegeta's guilt over what the sayians did, but I think Toriyama is sort of forgetting that Vegeta gleefuly did horrible poo poo before he met goku, so the idea of him not being weighed down by the sins of other sayians sort of falls flat when he was an active participant in atrocities.

lol if they go the nuremberg defense route for vegeta, prince of ALL saiyans

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

vegeta going "the saiyan race had it coming" is ond hell of a char development and makes his "im da prince of allllll saiyans" thing more hosed up

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Monaghan posted:

I don't see it that way at all. To me it reads more like Vegeta's guilt over what the Saiyans did is an extension of his guilt over his own actions.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Between this arc and DBS Broly it's so weird to be in an age of world-building for Dragonball

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

might be another goku body-swap arc(the..3rd?)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Panties

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I appreciate the "Namekians can be anywhere I guess!" for all those people with namekian OCs out there

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Is this the first we're hearing that Namekians aren't even from this universe? Where'd these lil slug freaks come from?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I wonder if Namekians melt if they eat salt

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

TheHan posted:

Is this the first we're hearing that Namekians aren't even from this universe? Where'd these lil slug freaks come from?

Universe 6

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I appreciate the "Namekians can be anywhere I guess!" for all those people with namekian OCs out there

they literally had space travel before the calamity why dont u learn the lore

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Butterflysmasher posted:

might be another goku body-swap arc(the..3rd?)

100% the dragon is going to say poo poo I can't do that dude

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I almost thought Beerus blowing up that one planet was him throwing out a crazy version of Vegeta's Blutz Wave Power Ball thing.

But anyways, it's nice to see they're still leaning more into Vegeta going down a different path than Goku. Looking forward to seeing how this arc pans out

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

multijoe posted:

100% the dragon is going to say poo poo I can't do that dude

"I can't do that, but what if I put you at almost the strongest? At a level where you could have a protracted fight against the other strongest for numerous chapters, maybe?"

"gently caress it, I'll take it"

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Hey, we finally see that weird planet trading business Freeza is supposed to be involved in in action. Sorta. Maybe he sold it to the Heeters and they did some cleaning and swapped it? I dunno.

Interested to see what Dinky the two balled dragon can do here compared to his more endowed kin.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Nanigans posted:

Wow! Cool chapter!

Let's be honest, Vegeta getting another believable character arc is a W in and of itself. As for Piccolo,

King of Solomon posted:

That would be really good, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Piccolo doesn't get any more arcs, he is Pan's baby sitter

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

With one small wish-ball twist; Granolah turns everyone else in universe 7 into babies

edit:except Piccolo

Butterflysmasher fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 20, 2021

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I like that the dragon looks like an Axolotl. As do the Sugarians.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Butterflysmasher posted:

With one small wish-ball twist; Granolah turns everyone else in universe 7 into babies

edit:except Piccolo

That sounds like a great way to get your rear end kicked by baby Saiyans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

TheHan posted:

Let's see that Demon realm.