Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

*looking in the mirror*
"Hmm... Well my face is pretty white. Maybe I should make it black. I think that's what HR said, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I like how the story is "Ella makes 5 sweaters and sells 3" but they have to phrase it as "limited collection including five items, three pieces sold out"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
And when I hear that from a white person, "I was taught to treat everyone the same," I think, well, this person doesn't understand basic socialization. This person doesn't understand culture. This person is not self-aware. And so, in my workshops, I give a heads-up to white people, and I say I need you to know that, when people of color hear us say that, they're generally not thinking, "All right, I'm talking to a woke white person right now." They're rolling their eyes. A wall is going up, it isn't convincing. These narratives do not do what we think they do, but we're so seldom accountable to people of color. We so seldom talk to them in any authentic way, much less receive a challenge on that narrative. And there's a black woman that I work with, her name is Erin Trent Johnson, and she says, "When I hear a white person say "I was taught to treat everyone the same, "I'm thinking this is a dangerous white person. "I'm not going to be able to be real with this person "because they're refusing to see my reality." (slow, pulsing music)

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yeah, you know what, I'm on board.

If you don't see that there's anything to feel guilty about, then relax. I am clear that as a result of being born and raised in this society, I've a racist worldview. I have racist biases. I have been exposed to racist discourse my whole life. I have racist patterns. I have investments in the system just like it is because it's so comfortable for me and it serves me. I don't feel guilt about that, because I didn't choose it. One, and two because I'm doing the best I can to address it. (tender music)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

they're both stupid but not remotely the same outside of that

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Eric Cantonese posted:

The 8-Bit Guy is a chud? :(

That sucks. I love those restoration videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5y6PLe8V9s
Did you catch the ep where he called his daughter's friend a 'glamour model' or referred to the George Floyd protests as "umm... Let's just say civil unrest'?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Well, that sure were 45 minutes that I can whitishly put on my timesheet under 'self-education'. It wasn't bad, really, as far as sensitivity trainings go, but I don't know how I would have felt if it was compulsory and presumably not counted as working time.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

KoRMaK posted:

Did you catch the ep where he called his daughter's friend a 'glamour model' or referred to the George Floyd protests as "umm... Let's just say civil unrest'?

If that's not enough, here's him handling a rare IBM PC power supply after he managed to short ciruit it with a paper clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh2OCBZpzZ8&t=347s

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

KoRMaK posted:

No. I hadn't checked out his stuff in a while. I just thought he was a harmless nerd who liked 80s stuff and Retrobrite.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Not once in this article do they mention men who spend thousands of dollars on streamers

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I got suspended for wearing this shirt in high school

and now it’s corporate HR.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
during the Bush/Kerry election I silkscreened a t-shirt that said, in red, white, and blue,

ON NOVEMBER 2ND
NO ONE WINS

and the first time I wore it my lib philosophy teacher took me aside after class and chastized me for not having faith in the electoral process

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Trying to make selling three things sound more impressive to people who aren't paying attention by saying "three pieces sold out"

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

retrobriting is erasure

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

indigi posted:

they're both stupid but not remotely the same outside of that

yeah her dad is the one getting the nebulous "advisor" job in the admin

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

this woman's butt: another victim of climate change

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Someone pointed out that the beans are at least useful in someone's daily life.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

twoday posted:

during the Bush/Kerry election I silkscreened a t-shirt that said, in red, white, and blue,

ON NOVEMBER 2ND
NO ONE WINS

and the first time I wore it my lib philosophy teacher took me aside after class and chastized me for not having faith in the electoral process

At least we know you lost too

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Laterite posted:

Someone pointed out that the beans are at least useful in someone's daily life.

I feel like that also applies to clothing

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

indigi posted:

I feel like that also applies to clothing

hint: they’re not buying the clothes just for the clothes

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/alex_criqui/status/1362858386619043841?s=21

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Him and his sons had to hand draw some tentacle hentai

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I just read the last few pages and I want to comment on the Soviet space program sending the first woman into space.

They sent one lady into space one time and then no other women for 20 years. It wasn't some woke statement about gender equality, it was box-checking and a propaganda exercise.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It wasn't some woke statement about gender equality, it was box-checking and a propaganda exercise.

oh got it

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I just read the last few pages and I want to comment on the Soviet space program sending the first woman into space.

They sent one lady into space one time and then no other women for 20 years. It wasn't some woke statement about gender equality, it was box-checking and a propaganda exercise.

got theyre rear end!!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Thank you Glenn Kessler

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Right, we know what the space race was.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I went to the US Space and rocket center and good Lord it's horribly rundown and depressing and there's so much poo poo about how awesome war criminal von Braun was.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

I went to the US Space and rocket center and good Lord it's horribly rundown and depressing and there's so much poo poo about how awesome war criminal von Braun was.

The one in Cape Canaveral? I was there a few years back and it was cool as hell. They had these giant rockets and poo poo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Delthalaz posted:

The one in Cape Canaveral? I was there a few years back and it was cool as hell. They had these giant rockets and poo poo
lol

Clibanarius
Sep 22, 2020

by Athanatos

Even the time Kramer was screaming the N-word in public?

ESPECIALLY the time Kramer was screaming the N-word in public.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Delthalaz posted:

The one in Huntsville Alabama.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

i thought it was pretty cool

e:
oh

:smith:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

what the gently caress that stuff shouldn’t be out in the elements (unless they’re all replicas in which case woof)

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

indigi posted:

what the gently caress that stuff shouldn’t be out in the elements (unless they’re all replicas in which case woof)

No, that wasn't real lunar regolith.

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

coolest meth lab 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I do some work at the actual NASA base the Space and Rocket Center is attached to and the whole place has that energy of a shiny new toy that got boring and was forgotten about before being left out in the weather to rot.

It's steadily morphing into a quality Space X / Blue Origin grift though, so that's cool.