Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

AggressivelyStupid posted:

What happened afterwards :smugdog:

No shame in being less good than LBJ imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Yuta Tabuse sheds a tear

He's absolutely not in the NBA at the moment.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Often times, I will see y'all posting gifs and twitter links to a play and seriously overreacting at how good it was.

This is not one of those times. Gotdamn that made me get outta my seat. I was really not liking Edwards cause of the draft interview, but I dont give a poo poo what he says if I get to see one of those a year.

This year's rooks have been pretty impressive honestly, for rookies.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Jamal Murray where have you been all year?

He remains so goddamn frustrating. Putting up his stupid 18ppg. And then bubble Murray shows up once in a while and lights the whole state on fire from all over the court.

Edit: Granted he has been banged up.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Feb 20, 2021

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

scuz posted:

if you dunk a dunk as hard as ant and land on your feet you didn't dunk hard enough

nothing cooler than not being able to handle the magnitude of your own dunk

I disagree. Not landing on your feet should never negate a sick jam, but it does represent points left on the table. Nothing completes a monster dunk like standing over the body you just caught. That Kemp dunk on Lister is as beloved as it is because Kemp stuck the landing and pointed right in Lister's dumb face.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

AggressivelyStupid posted:

What happened afterwards :smugdog:
he got hurt

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

nate duncan is a nerd

something about an adult going by the name nate just churns out the biggest fuckin dorks in the world

ChickenMedium posted:

I disagree. Not landing on your feet should never negate a sick jam, but it does represent points left on the table. Nothing completes a monster dunk like standing over the body you just caught. That Kemp dunk on Lister is as beloved as it is because Kemp stuck the landing and pointed right in Lister's dumb face.

i’m fine with falling but hanging on the rim afterwards is a pro move

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

That dunk wasn't quite as good as Derrick Jones Jr.'s dunk against the Bulls last month. Still very good though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Raptors/status/1362982329355034624

lmao

who the gently caress won that game where DAJ ended Brandon Knight's career

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

He was healthy

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
joel embiid is in the 98th percentile for off the dribble jump shots this year

what the gently caress

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/Raptors/status/1362982329355034624

lmao

who the gently caress won that game where DAJ ended Brandon Knight's career

They're just standing up for Yuta. The framing is an acknowledgement in itself. They know the truth of the matter.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

xbilkis posted:

To quote a wise man: “For who? For what?”

Describing Ricky Watters as a wise man is a bold claim.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
86 to 81 is a wild score in today’s NBA.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/EverettJohnson6/status/1362600404735950848

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
tfw property crime

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Boonoo posted:

86 to 81 is a wild score in today’s NBA.

The Raptors were stuck in the 50s for the entire 3rd quarter.

And that Nate Duncan tweet is Rovelian in its commitment to the gimmick. It'd be one thing if this was a game people actually cared about (actually it would still be dumb) but going to check the boxscore of a Raptors-Wolves game in February to "contextualize" an all time dunk is a truly weird way to engage with basketball.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
i forgot about Barkley's jumper

https://twitter.com/NBACobwebs/status/1363132297898201088

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/Ben_Dowsett/status/1362948387746705409?s=19

the jazz are a FRAUD as long as the other team makes like half their threes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

BWV posted:

The Raptors were stuck in the 50s for the entire 3rd quarter.

And that Nate Duncan tweet is Rovelian in its commitment to the gimmick. It'd be one thing if this was a game people actually cared about (actually it would still be dumb) but going to check the boxscore of a Raptors-Wolves game in February to "contextualize" an all time dunk is a truly weird way to engage with basketball.

Certain analytics nerds don't actually like basketball

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Did Marietta transform into Gary, Indiana?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

People seem to forget that Charles Barkley was very very good.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dr.Radical posted:

People seem to forget that Charles Barkley was very very good.

who forgets this lol

E: https://twitter.com/killakow/status/1138292190101364737?s=19

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
best team in the league
https://twitter.com/nbagleague/status/1363139716091101185?s=19
https://twitter.com/nbagleague/status/1362972338212507650?s=09

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Dunks are completely fraudulent compared to hitting a 3 with a hand in your face.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://medium.com/@byctom/go-ahead-and-ooh-and-aah-for-that-dunk-idiots-that-guys-a-terrible-asset-69fbe10b8e2b

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/1363016321894547458

lmao

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

he's going to deactive within a day, what a little baby lol.

MourningView posted:

who forgets this lol

i miss this archetype of guy at the barbershop, clapping his hands while telling us we don't know how good michael jordan was.

creamcorn fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 20, 2021

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

SCreaming idiot bitch fucker at harden when he hits the game winner because the nets are now in the luxury tax

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
i'm not gonna lie, i have a strong urge to defend Nate's take with a funk laden edit.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

dokmo posted:

i'm not gonna lie, i have a strong urge to defend Nate's take with a funk laden edit.

I mean if you can find a way to both acknowledge that dunks are cool and good and that also nerdy lame stats tell another story power to you, I think this duality can only be achieved via dick graphs myself.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

A video interpretation of his weak nerd take isn't going to change anything. However I will watch it

Algund Eenboom posted:

SCreaming idiot bitch fucker at harden when he hits the game winner because the nets are now in the luxury tax

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
NBA coverage in 2021: You only get anywhere trying to tear guys down.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

dokmo posted:

no one’s saying that ant man is somehow good at bball just that it was a nice dunk and to take shine away from that is dumb and petty

do give us a lowlight reel though those are always funny

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah it’s like when some bad player has a 50 point game. It’s fun and funny but no one thinks they have become Lebron

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
pointing out that Ant kind of stinks (thought he has actually been very good over the last like month, at least on offense) is fine but prefacing his stats with "everyone on Twitter is talking about this dunk" is obnoxious and makes it sound like you are scolding people for liking a cool dunk for the sake of a cool dunk, and also fits with his general vibe of only appreciating basketball players as cap numbers

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Seeing time running down on the shot clock only makes it cooler

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

He's been the best player in the G league bubble so far. John Hollinger getting all horned up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Everyone yelling McDonald's McDonald's McDonald's after seeing that dunk as nate Duncan tries to explain we have food at home