Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

The Hirschi story has taken a weird turn:

https://www.wielerflits.be/nieuws/marc-hirschi-en-team-dsm-uit-elkaar-vanwege-vertrouwensbreuk/

The management and sponsors allegedly considered him a risk to their reputation.

Yeah that is sus as hell, I hope it's just them spreading poo poo because they're mad he left for money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I hope it's just them spreading poo poo because they're mad he left for money.

He wanted to stay...for a fair price.

DSM got poo poo on by absolutely everyone for letting Hirschi go (and Kelderman and others before them.) Now they're just trying to stir up poo poo so it looks like they have a reason. Like, come on, why would THEY agree to an NDA and not the other way around. That suggests that they had zero control over the entire situation and that Hirschi was in the driver's seat. If they've got evidence of Hirschi using PEDs or anything, they wouldn't just let him walk into UAE's open arms.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
To be fair this is 100% rumours and conjecture from a Dutch journalist who won't name sources.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
After taking the leader's jersey and a stage win, MvdP and A-F are out of the UAE tour due to a covid positive

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Pretty funny that we're now getting to the races with two back to back editions with COVID impacts, and by funny I mean :thunkgun:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Giro route is out.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/giro-ditalia-2021-route-revealed/

Surprising lack of TT, but the stage to Cortina d'Ampezzo looks fun. Bit bold of them to go across the border to Switzerland, too.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Shouldnt be allowed to be a grand tour without a time trial imo.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

there's two tt. just both short, too short, a not quite a prologue and a 30k. also a stage seems to go into slovenia.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

HappyCamperGL posted:

also a stage seems to go into slovenia.

Convenient way to get refills.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

Shouldnt be allowed to be a grand tour without a time trial imo.

Same, but team time trial

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

TobinHatesYou posted:

Convenient way to get refills.

Ebike messengers are green but don't have as much range.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

HappyCamperGL posted:

there's two tt. just both short, too short, a not quite a prologue and a 30k. also a stage seems to go into slovenia.

switzerland, i think is the only one outside Italy, though a stage does finish on a town on the Slovenian border

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

switzerland, i think is the only one outside Italy, though a stage does finish on a town on the Slovenian border

stage fifteen seems to have a wee circuit over the border.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
oh dang that's cool

wonder why though, with their TT skills i have to imagine Roglic/Pogacar will be doing the Tour unless one of them plans on the double

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Because it's right there? Gives a nice little nod to their successes last season.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Cycling is back tomorrow :toot:

Properly like, not riding round the desert.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

peanut- posted:

Cycling is back tomorrow :toot:

Properly like, not riding round the desert.

What, you mean a professional race where you can finish in the pack averaging about 150W isn't good enough for you

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
This season is gonna be a clusterfuck

https://twitter.com/cyclocosm/status/1365287257821831169?s=21

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Huh. Didn't see that one coming.

I would have thought that hands in the drops would render that a "stable" position, but I guess it fits their bill.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Banned for the season?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

nwin posted:

Banned for the season?

Since hes going to have to relearn how to sprint he might as well be.

They've banned his position when sprinting. This is going to be a huge loving mess. Will they ban people throwing their bikes for the line too?

https://twitter.com/faustocoppi60/status/1365056580945862665

I wonder whats going on.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 26, 2021

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I guess it's meant to be for descending and he has his arms in the drops? I assume the commisares will decide to act depending on if he beats a home favourite.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Since hes going to have to relearn how to sprint he might as well be.

They've banned his position when sprinting. This is going to be a huge loving mess. Will they ban people throwing their bikes for the line too?

https://twitter.com/faustocoppi60/status/1365056580945862665

I wonder whats going on.

I hope it’s spicy.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
It better be spicy. I hope its got something to do with Tommy D quitting too.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Blood passport schenanigans? That's the sort of subtle thing that could freak people out without a doping agency announcing an investigation. Or he's a nazi or something

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Blood passport schenanigans? That's the sort of subtle thing that could freak people out without a doping agency announcing an investigation. Or he's a nazi or something

Its probably nothing, but hes disappeared since the story broke about him not being able to answer certain questions.

Full conspiracy theory me reckons hes been caught with something he shouldn't have, and got the team to stay quiet by making threats of his own.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Its probably nothing, but hes disappeared since the story broke about him not being able to answer certain questions.

Full conspiracy theory me reckons hes been caught with something he shouldn't have, and got the team to stay quiet by making threats of his own.

I mean it's lampre X UAE, it's probably not hard to persuade them to bury bodies.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Weather is looking quite nice tomorrow :saddowns:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Lol at pog getting a time penalty

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard

serious gaylord posted:

It better be spicy. I hope its got something to do with Tommy D quitting too.

Going to repeat myself that this is all based on unverified sources and conjecture from one Dutch journalist. He might be right, he might be full of poo poo.

E: apparently Jumbo is working on a plan to get Tom fit for the TdF. They might not have listened to him that well.

Rojkir fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Feb 27, 2021

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
This is actually a pretty concise guide to the new weird rules, understandable to even cro-magnon sprinters and slovenians.

No more throwing your bottle directly under your opponents front wheel, smh game’s gone.

https://www.uci.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/2021-uci-guide-safety-en.pdf

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Caleb's going to have to re-learn how to sprint or opposing teams will object to everything he's in.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
Caleb’s sprint position hasn’t been that crazy Midousuji poo poo since the end of the 2017 season.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I loving love science. Also, being reminded of the 2015 Omloop

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Yates looks banged up.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Chris Froome leading André Greipel's sprint train is :ok:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Love a 12 wide peloton

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Looks like Caleb wants to press the issue whether he's still legal or not

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

There are some thicc guys out there today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That's quite a tight turn