Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
Then just swap to your 2nd spitfire when your mag goes dry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

When I want to relax I go to the firing range and unload with dual gold mag Spitfires into the sky. Back and forth, forever. Pure bliss

Carillon
May 9, 2014

I had the weirdest ring ending on King's Canyon tonight. It ended up pretty much focused over Mirage's voyage out over the water. We were coming up I guess from Terminal station towards Skull salvage and got cutoff, had to run through the ring to get over the bridge and into safety. Essentially the final ring was on the ship. It was very weird.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Carillon posted:

I had the weirdest ring ending on King's Canyon tonight. It ended up pretty much focused over Mirage's voyage out over the water. We were coming up I guess from Terminal station towards Skull salvage and got cutoff, had to run through the ring to get over the bridge and into safety. Essentially the final ring was on the ship. It was very weird.

Final ring can end on Voyage. There was a bug the first week of the season that was causing it to happen way more often than it should have but they patched it. I've had probably 6 games this season that ended there including one earlier tonight.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Back in the early days of this thread somebody made a big effort post about advanced look controls. Does anybody have that available? I haven't played since season 2 and apart from having a ton a rust to shake off I swear my settings got changed.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

ErKeL posted:

Then just swap to your 2nd spitfire when your mag goes dry.

I played double gold mag spitfire twice yesterday, lol. It is kind of fun because you don't even need to empty the first mag before you switch to the second one, you just switch any time you would normally reload.

Since I main Loba the way I've been playing is dropping next to an explosive hold, lifting the 2 gold mags with my first ult and basing my kit around that.

In fact there is a spot you can drop in the new zone that has black market access to two explosive holds at once, so if you stand there you can load up your whole team on gold mags.

xtal fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 20, 2021

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Still postin' highlights. I'm trying to push for 25% WR this season but i'm stuck at 22/23%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG8CaTFjP-E

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

iiTzTimmy managed a 9069 damage game :stare:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

dogstile posted:

Still postin' highlights. I'm trying to push for 25% WR this season but i'm stuck at 22/23%

These videos are great. Thank you for posting them.

The Mozambique usage in this one is particularly inspiring.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

repiv posted:

5k of that was him just farming three squads for damage because nobody wanted to push. Stars aligned for him, goddamn

The Strangest Finch
Nov 23, 2007

dogstile posted:

Holy drat, did not expect that many seemingly viable Mozambique loadouts. Also Horizon looks way more fun at way higher skill levels than where I'm playing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

repiv posted:

RiP spitfire it was fun for 2 weeks

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
After initially only using the Anvil receiver on the flatline, ive had some wins using the 301 with the Anvil and its so drat good. Running spitfire/Anvil 301 loving owns

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Got kidnapped for the first time by a wraith that threw a portal in my face and lured me into an explosive hold full of gas and wattson traps. I hate breaking my own rule which is: never use another wraith’s portal.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Live At Five! posted:

After initially only using the Anvil receiver on the flatline, ive had some wins using the 301 with the Anvil and its so drat good. Running spitfire/Anvil 301 loving owns

The anvil receiver on 301 is basically a scout that you can also turn full auto, saving the other weapon slot for a shotgun or other close range weapon

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://i.imgur.com/ie2Gahk.mp4

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Threads dying a little bit (probably because we're all on discord) but here's last nights highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFAsC65UpzU

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Someone fed me a gold R-301 in the first five minutes (basically ran from my squad straight into me) and what the gently caress. Felt like I didn't need any other gun.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

dogstile posted:

Threads dying a little bit (probably because we're all on discord) but here's last nights highlights.

Too busy waiting to connect to the lobby to post.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I suspect the thread is low traffic lately because some people don't realize there's a new thread

I know that's happened to me several times

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Have I just been very unlucky, or does the dropship just never start near the new zone on Kings Canyon? It feels like I never start games there unless we do a long drop.

I'm wondering if they forgot to update the dropship paths to account for the map being bigger than before

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
It starts there quite a bit for me. I think you've just been unlucky. In fact the new area is probably the place I land the most

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

I suspect the thread is low traffic lately because some people don't realize there's a new thread

I know that's happened to me several times

did someone link to the new thread at the end of the old one before it closed? if not maybe we should ask a mod to bump it with that info

J
Jun 10, 2001

dogstile posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFAsC65UpzU

Thanks for posting these, I like these clips and I tend to forget about the discord a lot. Can fuse's ult be shot through any window or do you have to be on a lower height relative to the window?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

J posted:

Thanks for posting these, I like these clips and I tend to forget about the discord a lot. Can fuse's ult be shot through any window or do you have to be on a lower height relative to the window?

Lower height, if you fire it from further away it'll want to detonate in the sky, so you wanna bounce it off the ceiling before it gets that high.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

You got bamboozled, skin suit

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

It's been three weeks and I still can't log into this game. I've reinstalled twice, changed datacenters, tried a VPN, no dice.

loving EA.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Tried Origin instead of Steam or vice versa?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

needs sound :(

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Chard posted:

did someone link to the new thread at the end of the old one before it closed? if not maybe we should ask a mod to bump it with that info

They did, but I know a lot of people don't use Bookmarks and just glance to see what threads have unread posts.

Given how fast I'm getting into matches this season, I can't imagine Game Dead, especially with the great changes they've made.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Game isn’t dead. Don’t be silly.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Game actually more popular than usual, peaked at 195k players on steam in January. Origin numbers aren't published but i don't think they dipped.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Zesty posted:

Game isn’t dead. Don’t be silly.

I know! But in this very thread there are people who say "game dead, player base cratering" every season and it's dumb

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

dogstile posted:

Game actually more popular than usual, peaked at 195k players on steam in January. Origin numbers aren't published but i don't think they dipped.

A fuckload of players shifted from Origin to Steam due to patch sizes.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I would be interested to know why they shut down a bunch of servers though. Last time I looked, they'd shut down several in the US at least. As someone pointed out earlier, the Virginia/DC server has been offline for at least a few months.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

repiv posted:

Tried Origin instead of Steam or vice versa?

Yeah, no luck in either. I have now tried every DC in both Origin and Steam versions of the game and I still cannot connect even if I leave the game open for an hour first.

I really like this game but I just can't play it anymore because of some weird bug with no error messages and no logging that affects random accounts. There are hundreds of pages of posts in a thread about this on the game's official forum and none from any devs.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

They're aware of it and investigating, I guess: https://trello.com/c/ioTlnBrT/212-players-cannot-log-in

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Kazinsal posted:

It's been three weeks and I still can't log into this game. I've reinstalled twice, changed datacenters, tried a VPN, no dice.

loving EA.

have you tried mashing esc after you click connect? the hypothesis is that there are so many rewards and announcements adding up that the game kicks you out because it can't handle the number. mashing esc hopefully clears one or two out each attempt.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I've definitely been experiencing issues with very slow login times recently. It might have started as far back as the beginning of the season. It just sits at the start screen for ages before it lets you press Mouse One to get into the main menu. I have no idea what it's doing in that time, but it definitely can take up to 30 seconds to prompt me to click my mouse. It used to be pretty instantaneous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

I would be interested to know why they shut down a bunch of servers though. Last time I looked, they'd shut down several in the US at least. As someone pointed out earlier, the Virginia/DC server has been offline for at least a few months.

Virginia servers were poo poo. I know because I used to default to them.