Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

the gently caress did he get a saw tonfa from

Transformers reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
WHAT IS GOING ON GODDAMNIT

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
“This boy isn’t Gridman! Trust us, the people who have a vested interest in you not killing him!”

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The Shame Boy posted:

So we saw God's smokin hot bod in a bikini last episode then.

p sure “God” is underage bro :chloe:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

That just raises further questions!

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Argus Zant posted:

God can't deal that her toys have agency in her little world and this conflicts takes the form of giant robot vs monster fights.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Supersonic Shine posted:

“This boy isn’t Gridman! Trust us, the people who have a vested interest in you not killing him!”

Hey, Anti gets confused easy. He only knows killing Gridman and breathing.

Also eating anything given to him.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Touch your hand with my hand Narubro!

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

dungeon cousin posted:

God can't deal that her toys have agency in her little world and this conflicts takes the form of giant robot vs monster fights.

but like- how the gently caress does Gridman fit into this hosed-up theology? Is he supposed to be a manifestation of the concept of free will? Who the gently caress is Lazengann supposed to be and why is he enabling God's temper tantrums? Why is there a random garbage child existing outside of the status quo? Who is cleaning this poo poo up in between episodes? Is everybody a tomato, or only some bodies? The numbers, Mason; what do they MEAN?!?!?!?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Argus Zant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfyAzNPzMD0

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Argus Zant posted:

but like- how the gently caress does Gridman fit into this hosed-up theology? Is he supposed to be a manifestation of the concept of free will? Who the gently caress is Lazengann supposed to be and why is he enabling God's temper tantrums? Why is there a random garbage child existing outside of the status quo? Who is cleaning this poo poo up in between episodes? Is everybody a tomato, or only some bodies? The numbers, Mason; what do they MEAN?!?!?!?

Uuuhhhhh... aliens? Aliens!

Except for the little girl. She's from the before times.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

dungeon cousin posted:

Uuuhhhhh... aliens? Aliens!

Except for the little girl. She's from the before times.

The little girl is implied to be the daughter of a kaiju-of-the-week who Gridman saved in the original Gridman.

The current Gridman, meanwhile, has amnesia, so who knows what his deal is.

What's most important is that Alexis Kerib is living his best life.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Feb 21, 2021

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
From quite a few pages ago but seriously, stop it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rhonne posted:

Can we like, ban you from posting about AoT?

Infact yes. I.M. Gei, you're posting like a blood thirsty madman and spoilering poo poo for the other posters. Given that I don't think you can control yourself, I'm telling you right now, don't post in here about Attack on Titan again.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Argus Zant posted:

All of this stuff will be answered by the end of the show. But yeah this part is only implied, not outright stated:

chiasaur11 posted:

The little girl is the daughter of a kaiju-of-the-week who Gridman saved in the original Gridman.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Arist posted:

God, I am definitely going to have to put together a primer on what happens in the Food Wars OVA because they're not showing it

Which OVA is it anyway?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The second one for Season 2 (and the fourth total). It's also not dubbed.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Julias posted:

Infact yes. I.M. Gei, you're posting like a blood thirsty madman and spoilering poo poo for the other posters. Given that I don't think you can control yourself, I'm telling you right now, don't post in here about Attack on Titan again.

Even when it’s on? :(

Seriously if it’s that bad then I can tone it down. I don’t always read everybody’s comments when shows are on so I missed the posts telling me to stop.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I. M. Gei posted:

Even when it’s on? :(

Seriously if it’s that bad then I can tone it down. I don’t always read everybody’s comments when shows are on so I missed the posts telling me to stop.

Dude like every post was telling you to tone it down and Julias is right, you're spoiling things.

(in fact I'm pretty sure I know exactly what you're spoiling because I had the audacity to watch a funny YT video about AoT and assume that some douche wouldn't put a spoiler as the top comment)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Alright fine I’m sorry I got all overexcited. I’ll knock off the bloodlust and spoiler-hint poo poo

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 22, 2021

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I do appreciate that people here actually take time to tell me directly when I did something bad and how to not do the bad thing again, instead of just probing me without bothering to describe what I did wrong to deserve it like everyone else. That makes me a whole hell of a lot more willing to comply with improving myself than someone just mashing a button saying I can’t post for X amount of time.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 22, 2021

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Arist posted:

The second one for Season 2 (and the fourth total). It's also not dubbed.

Thanks, I just watched. It really could have just been the first episode for what it was.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I. M. Gei posted:

Alright fine I’m sorry I got all overexcited. I’ll knock off the bloodlust and spoiler-hint poo poo

I mean, if you can control yourself I don't mind, but I'll be honest in that I don't think you can, and I need to emphasize that you really were dragging down the experience for the rest of the posters in this thread, making them both really uncomfortable with how vicious your commentary was getting, and spoilering them.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

quote:

Heads up AOT fans! Due to weather conditions in Texas, production is a little delayed. So, Toonami will be re-running this coming Saturday’s episode of Attack on Titan again NEXT Saturday night March 6th. Check out the March 6th lineup below and don’t miss the premiere episode of AOT this Saturday night at 12:30a!

https://www.facebook.com/1440408039583372/posts/2658716034419227/?d=n

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

extremely hyped to see the lost Titan episode that's just a flashback to boot camp where everybody's endlessly bitching about how impossibly motherfucking cold it is. doubly so if all of Mikasa's dialogue has been replaced by Kenny-esque "mmfmn"-ing from underneath the scarf.

e: on second thought, take it a step farther: stick them in the Antarctic, and give us a Titan/John Carpenter's "The Thing" mashup

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 23, 2021

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Argus Zant posted:

extremely hyped to see the lost Titan episode that's just a flashback to boot camp where everybody's endlessly bitching about how impossibly motherfucking cold it is. doubly so if all of Mikasa's dialogue has been replaced by Kenny-esque "mmfmn"-ing from underneath the scarf.

e: on second thought, take it a step farther: stick them in the Antarctic, and give us a Titan/John Carpenter's "The Thing" mashup

Eren generates numerous Titan husks for everyone to gather in for warmth

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Who wants more IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME YOU DIE IN REAL LIFE ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqd-qrcr_Dk

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

For clarification: This is a movie set during the first arc from Asuna's perspective.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

I mean, there is a flashback about freezing to death in boot camp. It's mainly about Krista and Ymir's relationship.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Eren generates numerous Titan husks for everyone to gather in for warmth

"And I thought they smelled bad on the outsi-"

"YOU KNOW WHAT, JEAN? IF YOU DON'T loving LIKE IT, YOU CAN SLEEP OUTSIDE AS WELL AS SMELL IT, OKAY?"

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 24, 2021

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The United States posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq_Fm7qfRQk

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9wJafb9WF8
Let's loving Go

E: Oops didn't realize how old this was lol

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 25, 2021

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

The United States posted:

I think I'd prefer to die in real life.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I haven't been watching it but from reading articles it seems like the second season of The Promised Neverland has been a huge mess. They've cut out multiple characters and apparently are skipping the entire Goldy Pond arc.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

From what it sounds like, they might have only gotten one more season from the production committee and were told to end it in that.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
There's also this, which is hilarious

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 26, 2021

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
wait.

lmao that they'd just drop that hot spoiler in promo material.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I knew that already but uh, maybe tag that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

I haven't been watching it but from reading articles it seems like the second season of The Promised Neverland has been a huge mess.

Well that's a real fuckin' bummer. I mean, I'll hold judgement until it actually airs on Toonami (presuming it ever does), but considering how rushed productions typically go, I'm not exactly as excited to watch it as I was before. Really loving sucks that something as great as S1 would be followed up by something that could be described as a mess.

And, uh, y'know, I maybe have multiple questions about that promo and the decisions that went into it.