Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The Italian masks might not work but their parts look good and they've got spirit.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Feb 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Notable that Our Toto was brilliant and forethinking enough to source disposable masks which simply had a color scheme similar enough to the livery as to pass. Is there no management problem Toto cannot absolutely dominate and solve so hard that you'll never even think of it again?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

doesn't someone here have one of the renault masks

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

If it only failed a third of the time maybe they should be providing engines to ferrari because that's a huge improvement

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Azza Bamboo posted:

The Italian masks might not work but their parts looks good and they've got spirit.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Notable that Our Toto was brilliant and forethinking enough to source disposable masks which simply had a color scheme similar enough to the livery as to pass. Is there no management problem Toto cannot absolutely dominate and solve so hard that you'll never even think of it again?

Wow, nice fake news as usual, but actually Lewis was wearing a much better mask most of the year until Toto switched the entire team to the bad masks at some point around Imola or Turkey in November, after which Lewis caught it almost immediately. Toto sure is good at managing...to give Our Lewis covid!

poty fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 20, 2021

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/Peke_Formula1/status/1363194634277703680

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

I still cannot loving believe I saw this on live tv

what the gently caress

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Were they touching themselves when they animated this?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Lol I need a new mask and was honestly thinking of getting an overpriced F1 mask.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Forza covid

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
grossjean cut the entire loving track and almost kills himself doing it. good loving ridance.

also im glad he is alive and driving again?? his cooking is legit

also is crazy to think that without the halo that would have been a loving tragedy

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I'm glad that Grosjean is still alive so I don't have to feel bad about how many jokes I've made about him being poo poo at driving.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

remember when he spun in pit lane

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I remember him crashing behind the safety car and being convinced he got hit

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
RIGHT OR WRONG, I CAN’T HELP BUT EXPRESS MYSELF LIKE A BRATTY CHILD. DON’T LISTEN TO ME.
I remember him getting a little sideways in Spain, keeping the throttle planted and just loving doing a donut in front of the oncoming pack.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Why the gently caress did Idemitsu take the circle out of their logo

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The HALO saved us from seeing him get decapitated. The thing isn't the most pretty at times but it has proved it's worth enough by now.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

the corona quid posted:

Why the gently caress did Idemitsu take the circle out of their logo

oh I noticed something didn't look right but got too distracted wondering what cal is up to this year

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Happy he was okay, 100% his fault.

the paradigm shift posted:

doesn't someone here have one of the renault masks

They the same mask? I know the mclrn ones were a hell of a lot more expensive at least

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

ilmucche posted:

Happy he was okay, 100% his fault.

Agreed. It was actually pretty sharp avoiding action, and if kvyat hadn't been there we would have been saying he did well to miss that pileup, then forgotten about it. But kvyat was there...

I hope grosjeans next cooking book is for BBQ

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

the paradigm shift posted:

oh I noticed something didn't look right but got too distracted wondering what cal is up to this year

I believe he's focusing full time on complaining.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

They have Numberwanged F2

https://www.motorsport.com/fia-f2/n...mpaign=widget-1

quote:

The grid for the opening sprint race will see the top 10 in Friday’s qualifying session inverted, with the pole position winner starting from 10th. The pole winner will however claim a bonus four points as per last year’s regulations.

A reversed top 10 of the results from the first sprint race set the grid for the second sprint race, while the results of Friday’s qualifying session forms the grid for Sunday’s feature race.

The top eight in the sprint races will be awarded points using the (15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1) sliding scale, while the Formula 1 points system will be in use for the feature race.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Ricciardo is the new Mansell

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/155143/ricciardo-at-the-limit-for-mclaren-f1-cockpit

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

WDC material confirmed

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

what a loving idiotic idea

also f2 strategy in every race i watched last year was start on hard and then race with soft

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I get F1 is an unwatchable mess right now but loving around with the feeder category to make it more watchable doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

"The quality of F1 drivers is loving atrocious right now"
"Maybe we should add elements of luck to the feeder category"

good job lads.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
If it keeps the big brain guys busy so they don't start imposing this nonsense on F1, fine.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

F1 actually needs this poo poo because its absolutely unwatchable in its current form and it isn't as detrimental over the long term like it will be in the feeder series.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

the corona quid posted:

F1 actually needs this poo poo because its absolutely unwatchable in its current form and it isn't as detrimental over the long term like it will be in the feeder series.

The 2020 season was pretty great and far from 'unwatchable'. Artificially mixing up the grid won't fix the issues you have with it. There is especially no need to be making drastic and pointless changes ahead of the biggest rules change in decades.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

F1 in 2020 was great to watch. The midfield produced some great competition and the surprise winners were fun to watch

Also worth noting max won a straight up non-chaos race with the mercs at the start of the year

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Changing the rules to artificially "inflict chaos" will result in a serious lack of chaos actually happening.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

F1 is actually good don't gently caress with the grid.

F1 needs cheaper engines and more terrible customer teams.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Just go to a spec engine already.

All engine development does is make it easier for Merc to dominate and for Ferrari to cheat.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Williams will rise again

Also is it too late to post good boys I have one

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Skim Milk posted:

I still cannot loving believe I saw this on live tv

what the gently caress

hi learnincurve

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Ostentatious posted:

Williams will rise again

Also is it too late to post good boys I have one

pretty drat good boy

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i tried to watch the alfa romeo launch but it was the same one as last year ferrari but low rent.

im going to wait for my scud boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The Alfa is last year's but someone's found the "Invert colours" option in Photoshop.