Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

EBB posted:

No no NO it's gonna be 18 months of dumb goth baby jokes and I'm gonna claw my eyes out

It's gonna be great!

EDIT: Terrible snipe, have a Hi & Lois

FrumpleOrz fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack IT BEGINS.

Imagine you're Holbrook, and you get paid to do what you love every day: Broadcast your impreg fetish to the entire country in 3 different mediocre newspaper comic strips

Slammy posted:

Mopsy Sunday (August 24, 1947)

The panel where her arm's going through the wall and

are both phenomenal.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary has real goth babies

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Then, the powerful Katrinka got back to playing some of the world's earliest Flash games.

Julet Esqu posted:

Jesus fuckin' Christ, Bernice.

Given the stiff competition in this strip, it's helpful to occasionally be reminded that Bernice is just the worst.

While I'm posting, another just-slightly-off-kilter thing that drives me nuts about this strip is how all of the characters constantly refer to each other by name.

I love it.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

nishi koichi posted:

gay’s scarf has got me anxious as gently caress right now

Yeah, real Isadora Duncan vibes.

Anyway, it's a little late, but I still think both Reply All and Take It from the Tinkersons are garbage.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Dang, that Kennard close-up is... something.

Anyway, in today's Blueberry: OK, here was another time I jumped in with a bit of specific editorializing - the scout reporting back to Cochise in the comic refers to the meeting as a pow-wow. I'm uncertain as to how prevalent that term would have been used back in the day, but considering it is derived from the Narragansett term 'powwaw' and those people are from the Rhode Island region (thanks, Wikipedia), I decided not to use that term, or I have a strong feeling that Bascom would be a MAGA-chud, or Look out, Bascom! A poisonous snake!

Samovar fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Feb 21, 2021

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I see Kliban has been watching me play Medieval Dynasty.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I feel I gotta speak up in defense of the rattler there. Morning after a typical cold desert night, poor guy would've been sluggish without a chance to sun itself yet. Then this ox of a man comes through not looking where he's going, in rocky terrain like that doing so is asking for a broken ankle even without a snake. Doesn't hear the rattle, snake's too torpid to get away, does the only thing it can and gets shot for it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Bruceski posted:

I feel I gotta speak up in defense of the rattler there. Morning after a typical cold desert night, poor guy would've been sluggish without a chance to sun itself yet. Then this ox of a man comes through not looking where he's going, in rocky terrain like that doing so is asking for a broken ankle even without a snake. Doesn't hear the rattle, snake's too torpid to get away, does the only thing it can and gets shot for it.

No arguments here.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

has any real person ever gotten the end of a TP roll stuck to their shoe without noticing

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

has any real person ever gotten the end of a TP roll stuck to their shoe without noticing

45th President of the United States, Donald Trump.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze god just fire him.

Instead of GIS "ipad springboard" you... take a screenshot of your own desktop???

Apart from being 10 months late, this is brilliant.

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Feb 21, 2021

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

Just for the record, there is no island called Asiago in Italy. There is a city called Asiago, but it's in the north, all the way on the opposite side of the country. (And it lends its name to a pretty good cheese.)

Classic Kevin & Kell (September 27 - October 1, 1999)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Julet Esqu posted:

Jesus fuckin' Christ, Bernice.

Ben's been a decent guy so far, and I don't like how Bernice being a judgmental rear end in a top hat is already giving him the wrong idea about a person he hasn't even met yet. Hopefully he sees through his sister's bullshit and offers Tara a room in his family's home or something.

I'm beginning to think that Mark Ten is just too good for Axa. He needs someone who would appreciate his mechanical charms.

Putting aside what looks like a broom with a bear's face, having DNA Wizard's first move as the department head be to demote two other researchers into low-paid assistants is a really scummy move. I'm gonna bet she'll use DNA magic to unperson them and turn them back to animals, just to save up on their department's budget.

Professor Wayne posted:

Is this guy asking how a professional athlete pays for his nanny?

The rhino hasn't even been in an official match despite it being a year since he was scouted, so I don't know if I'd call him a professional just yet. :v:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Nice!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Axa lost her loincloth as well now. But [man] kept his skinny jeans.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Clown News

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 21, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 21, 1999)

Garfield Classic (June 21, 1989)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Slammy posted:

Gay and Her Gang (March 27, 1929)

nishi koichi posted:

gay’s scarf has got me anxious as gently caress right now

Yeah, it's a real issue with at least one fatality: Isadora Duncan:

"On the night of September 14, 1927, in Nice, France, Duncan was a passenger in an Amilcar CGSS automobile owned by Benoît Falchetto [fr], a French-Italian mechanic. She wore a long, flowing, hand-painted silk scarf, created by the Russian-born artist Roman Chatov, a gift from her friend Mary Desti, the mother of American film director Preston Sturges. Desti, who saw Duncan off, had asked her to wear a cape in the open-air vehicle because of the cold weather, but she would only agree to wear the scarf.[52] As they departed, she reportedly said to Desti and some companions, "Adieu, mes amis. Je vais à la gloire !" ("Farewell, my friends. I go to glory!"); but according to the American novelist Glenway Wescott, Desti later told him that Duncan's actual parting words were, "Je vais à l'amour" ("I am off to love"). Desti considered this embarrassing, as it suggested that she and Falchetto were going to her hotel for a tryst.[53][54][55]

Her silk scarf, draped around her neck, became entangled around the open-spoked wheels and rear axle, pulling her from the open car and breaking her neck.[1] Desti said she called out to warn Duncan about the scarf almost immediately after the car left. Desti brought Duncan to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.[52]

As The New York Times noted in its obituary, Duncan "met a tragic death at Nice on the Riviera". "According to dispatches from Nice, Duncan was hurled in an extraordinary manner from an open automobile in which she was riding and instantly killed by the force of her fall to the stone pavement."[56] Other sources noted that she was almost decapitated by the sudden tightening of the scarf around her neck.[57] The accident gave rise to Gertrude Stein's mordant remark that "affectations can be dangerous".[58] At the time of her death, Duncan was a Soviet citizen. Her will was the first of a Soviet citizen's to undergo probate in the U.S.[59] "

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Every now and then Topelius likes to throw in weird profession themed language, so sailors say all kind of seafaring phrases and farmers use agricultural words. It's pretty silly and tricky to translate.

Nancy

Dustin

Cruel Little Stories

Kennel fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Feb 21, 2021

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Kennel posted:

Surgeon's Tales
Every now and then Topelius likes to throw in weird profession themed language, so sailors say all kind of seafaring phrases and farmers use agricultural words. It's pretty silly and tricky to translate.

I appreciate the effort, and the translation :)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

I skimmed over this, saw "Zits" and "They'll shred me on social media" and thought they were doing an awful crossover.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I keep wondering: people don't really just crack jokes to each other in Dustinworld, do they? Everything's either a smartass quip that puts someone in their place, or evidence of their (legitimate, intolerable, actually physically painful) stupidity (and thus lower rank). No one ever just wants to make someone laugh, and it's only consequent that no one ever seems to do.

Like imagine this was set up as a joke between best buds. You're on a long boring drive with your mate, and they take five minutes to set up the stupid "check tires" joke, I'd already be amused that they thought it up and went to the effort of stopping the car and doing the little performance, just to lighten spirits; and then they follow it up with the "check engine" actual punchline? King of comedy right there. Maybe I approach life differently, I don't know.

e: clearly do as far as humour standards go

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 21, 2021

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That's a good Nancy

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 2/20/01

Brenda Starr 12/9/45

Smokey Stover 7/16/39

Richard's Poor Almanac

That's a really fine Sneetch.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

gleebster posted:

Yeah, real Isadora Duncan vibes.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yeah, it's a real issue with at least one fatality: Isadora Duncan:

precisely who i was thinking about. kind of remarkable that the comic was done two years after the accident

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

I keep wondering: people don't really just crack jokes to each other in Dustinworld, do they? Everything's either a smartass quip that puts someone in their place, or evidence of their (legitimate, intolerable, actually physically painful) stupidity (and thus lower rank). No one ever just wants to make someone laugh, and it's only consequent that no one ever seems to do.

No one likes anyone in Dustin. The dad hates his wife for liking "woman" things like going to the opera and shopping. The wife hates her husband because he's a miser who complains to everyone behind a register. The daughter hates everyone because she has no personality except to dunk on everyone with her snarky commentary. The little neighbor kid hates Zoomer culture because he's written by an out of touch Boomer. Dustin hates his friend because he's dumb as a brick. The women at the bar hate Dustin and his Friend because they exude an aura of failure that they somehow can see. The temp agency lady hates Dustin and he hates her back.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Kennel posted:

Cruel Little Stories

mundane grinding sadness is my jam, thanks for posting these

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Club life in Moominvalley

That cow is so done with all of this.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

Like imagine this was set up as a joke between best buds. You're on a long boring drive with your mate, and they take five minutes to set up the stupid "check tires" joke, I'd already be amused that they thought it up and went to the effort of stopping the car and doing the little performance, just to lighten spirits; and then they follow it up with the "check engine" actual punchline? King of comedy right there. Maybe I approach life differently, I don't know.

e: clearly do as far as humour standards go
As bad as all that is (and it's pretty bad), I also hate the loving super-exaggerated "physically pained" expressions when someone says something dumb. Like they don't trust the reader to realize what the person said was really dumb.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

As bad as all that is (and it's pretty bad), I also hate the loving super-exaggerated "physically pained" expressions when someone says something dumb. Like they don't trust the reader to realize what the person said was really dumb.

It's just a mean version of a PLOP! take or those half-lidded eyes that Hollbrook gives his characters when they deliver their "opps I forgot to tell a joke" punchlines.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack IT BEGINS.

Nancy 1946

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Comic Strips 2021: But the cow is bound by no vow of silence!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Foxtrot

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Technowolf posted:

Comic Strips 2021: But the cow is bound by no vow of silence!

how now, vow cow

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits