Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

ElNarez posted:

oh OG have decided to stop throwing

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
greeeeed

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
imagine actually having an aegis in that fight

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lurksion posted:

imagine actually having an aegis in that fight

:hmmyes:

Wolf form Bloodseeker is going to break the sound barrier

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Get hosed OG

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
What a game

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
11/2/26 and beyond godlike on the support Grimstroke

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

so now that Liquid won, the series coming up right now is a Bo3 to avoid relegation between Tundra and Vikin.gg. It's the last series for both teams at 2-4 and no other teams (outside HCE) can finish with 5 losses.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

god it's gonna be one of those majors isn't it; early exit and Secret takes it all

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
uhhh viking??

e: tundra??

IncendiaC fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 20, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Game three winner take all :toot:

Kyle is back to pacing again I see

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khezu cat cam is the best part of the DPC

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

most of the net worth difference is just the difference in the midlaners lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

that vacuum/swell combo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Viking.gg are hanging on but it seems like they have nothing left. it's too bad. I liked Shad the chad, he was fun when he was carrying games.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol Troll has a 7k net worth lead on the Ursa

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

lot of good Grimstroke play today. Fata looked great and Insania's killed it earlier.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
F

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

drama in NA lower division because Furion has a set that doesn't distinguish between normal and greater treants which is apparently banned in EU and CiS

It's actually a big deal because the team using it (The Cut) is 4-1 playing a 3-2 team (Felt), and this is a match resumed form earlier in the week where Felt took game one because The Cut's offlaner disconnected due to weather and couldn't get back so they finished the game 4v5 and lost.

e: it's also worth noting that they brought it up at like 25 minutes into the game when they were being corralled in their base and split pushed to death so probably a desperate attempt at another cheap win

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 21, 2021

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Why is that even a possible thing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rjmccall posted:

Why is that even a possible thing

which part

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Greater treants being indistinguishable. I understand that they might not want to throw out every old set that changed the treant model, but can’t the game just, like, recognize that there isn’t a special greater treant model and thrn automatically scale up the regular model so that they’re obviously bigger? Or did Valve actually let in a set that explicitly used the same model for both?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Zurreco posted:

Get hosed OG

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Anyway yeah I caught a bit of that game and it sure looked like a stomp that did not happen because of treant models

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rjmccall posted:

Greater treants being indistinguishable. I understand that they might not want to throw out every old set that changed the treant model, but can’t the game just, like, recognize that there isn’t a special greater treant model and thrn automatically scale up the regular model so that they’re obviously bigger? Or did Valve actually let in a set that explicitly used the same model for both?

It's a bug with that specific set. All the other cosmetics scale it up properly like you mentioned should happen.

rjmccall posted:

Anyway yeah I caught a bit of that game and it sure looked like a stomp that did not happen because of treant models

Yeah, they got stomped in game three too so I feel like if I looked up game one they probably were well on their way to losing that one as well before The Cut's offlaner left

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Arkosh eboys is actually pretty fun

What's the deal with Arkosh anyway? Are the players actually like known people playing under an alias or is it all legit?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Arkosh eboys is actually pretty fun

What's the deal with Arkosh anyway? Are the players actually like known people playing under an alias or is it all legit?

their real names/ aliases are known to the competition and organizers.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RAPIRA

but it was not enough

that was a fun game though

Kild posted:

their real names/ aliases are known to the competition and organizers.

I really wish I knew who they were lol

ok well the interview with G.O.A.T tells me who he is at least

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Well, that’s a surprise

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
what is, that its trent doing the interview as goat? arkosh just subs random casters in for interviews

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Oh, that’s less interesting

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
its jenkins + bsj + possibly cap + 2 others idk

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Gremlo is a better name than DOTACapitalist.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

awesmoe posted:

its jenkins + bsj + possibly cap + 2 others idk

now that you mention it I think I saw a reddit post sussing out bsj being one of them based on where he puts his items

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I’m the idiot that absolutely loves watching an anti-mage late game carry. It’s just so satisfying.

(Spirit/Navi game 1)

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I’m the idiot that absolutely loves watching an anti-mage late game carry. It’s just so satisfying.

(Spirit/Navi game 1)

Watching an AM come online and just start wrecking face is incredibly satisfying, provided he’s generally out of the meta so it isn’t happening in like 25% of all games

PA is still fun to watch for me, but she’s definitely approaching that limit

I think the only carry I just always hate watching is PL

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I honestly miss Tinker. That would probably completely disappear after seeing like two Tinker games, but right now, I miss him.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

all heroes are good in small doses. it's when it's like Sven every game that you begin to hate heroes. there are 190 of them, they all deserve a chance.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Na'Vi/Spirit game 2 was insane lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

rjmccall posted:

I honestly miss Tinker. That would probably completely disappear after seeing like two Tinker games, but right now, I miss him.

gross