Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Atomizer posted:

Has anyone actually built one of those models? It looks cool, and is cheap enough to give it a shot, but there are no reviews and the finished model is like 6x2x2" despite consisting of 184 pieces?!?

I built a different kind of one before. It's annoying to make, and I cut myself a few times on the super sharp edges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

TracerM17 posted:

Bought a Tier 10 and two tier 9s. I am officially out of silver so I assume the black market will be announced next week.

Only people who play this game way too loving much have 25m silver to blow.

Also, if they bring the Type 59G back I'm guessing it'll be 50k gold this time. If they're smart they'll sell a "silver" one for 25k and a "platinum" one for 50k. Rope in the quickdraws from last time AND new suckers for upwards of 75k gold.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

1,446 xp is not good enough for Ace in the 122 TM.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

bomb posted:

How do you reverse?

The pedal is for firing the cannon, not driving the tank.

Mesadoram posted:

I built a different kind of one before. It's annoying to make, and I cut myself a few times on the super sharp edges.

Alright, maybe I'll hold of on it then, thanks.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

BadLlama posted:

Give the Bat-chat like 10 more rounds at least and it would be a huge buff even if they didn't change anything else.

Long games where I have like 6 shells left and there are still 4 enemy tanks alive and I have to do calculus to figure out what I am going to do..

To my shame, I was once as the last player killed by the last arty because I only had 1shot left left, and attempted to ram it hard enough to make it count.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I am now blacklisted from "all the top clans in Europe" because I shot a T49 in my arty after he kept reversing at a steady course and slow speed away from the bush he had been detected in.

RIP my WoT career. Don't make the same mistake I made, don't kill "th3_4rch3n3my".

The top gun for the M53/55 did make the difference, that T49 game finished with six kills and 3500+ damage.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
I finally moved up to the double-barreled tank. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to shoot both at once, is there an alt-fire command that I'm missing?

Sair
May 11, 2007

Hold the button. It has to charge up.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Pioneer42 posted:

I finally moved up to the double-barreled tank. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to shoot both at once, is there an alt-fire command that I'm missing?

There's a bindable command to "Fire a Salvo."

Some people set it to "F," others to their middle mouse button. I can say that when it comes to the MMB, it can be ~interesting~ to keep the mouse still since it's kind of an awkward button to hold down compared to the other two while things "charge up." They really should just make it so you can "snapshot" a salvo.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Some people set it to "F," others to their middle mouse button. I can say that when it comes to the MMB, it can be ~interesting~ to keep the mouse still since it's kind of an awkward button to hold down compared to the other two while things "charge up." They really should just make it so you can "snapshot" a salvo.

Spacebar.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I watched an enemy VK168P push one of his team mates off the cliff in overlord. The VK was a one shot and I was aimed in at his lower plate and could have killed him, but of course I held my shot long enough for him to finish pushing his team mate off the cliff... It was the honorable thing to do.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 21, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

TracerM17 posted:

I watched a VK168P push a team mate off the cliff in overlord. The VK was a one shot and I was aimed in at his lower plate, of course I held my shot long enough for him to finish pushing his team mate off the cliff... It was the honorable thing to do.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - it's rude."

Wow, this painting really makes Napoleon look like SerB. Boney's got more hair here, though.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 21, 2021

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Interesting info. Thanks. So I needed to assign a key, but the charge up is still unfortunate.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Hey I'm a little late to the wheeled party, but just elited the AMD and started with the Hotchkiss.
The AMD was a lot of fun, blasting Type64s, Hellcats and the like with 200 damage high pen HE on the move whilst not having a care in the world.
Now the Hotch seems to be the exact same thing? You go a little faster forwards, much slower in reverse and you got 10m more view range. But the enemies are much tougher or dug in and generally have better crews/equip. All the fun is suddenly gone :smith:
Am I missing something? It's probably important to note that I only play tier 6 plus good 7's and my singular tier 8 premium, no intention of going any higher up the line.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

According to WG's totally real and not at all made up data, 70% of people were happy with HE becoming just a shitter version of normal shells.

This is especially interesting because the test server I tried was like 99% of people spamming full gold so I have no loving idea how they can claim they even TESTED shooting HE on the test server but here we go.

E: personally I don't have a dog in the race beyond liking the KV-2 and being sad that the tank, and the premium version I bought, will be 100% useless after this "improvement".

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 22, 2021

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

sauer kraut posted:

Hey I'm a little late to the wheeled party, but just elited the AMD and started with the Hotchkiss.
The AMD was a lot of fun, blasting Type64s, Hellcats and the like with 200 damage high pen HE on the move whilst not having a care in the world.
Now the Hotch seems to be the exact same thing? You go a little faster forwards, much slower in reverse and you got 10m more view range. But the enemies are much tougher or dug in and generally have better crews/equip. All the fun is suddenly gone :smith:
Am I missing something? It's probably important to note that I only play tier 6 plus good 7's and my singular tier 8 premium, no intention of going any higher up the line.

I don't think you are missing anything. It's been awhile since I used them, but I remember the AMD being really really fun. The Hotch was a better tank overall and still fun, but not as fun as the AMD. It might have been because the AMD was the first experience with the wheeled tanks and it is such a different experience than other tanks that it sticks out.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
The hotch isnt as much fun and is up against tougher tanks.my experience mirrors yours.the lynx requires a bit more finesse,stock it loving sucks and you're blind vs tier viii every round.

Your AMD adventure is more obvious because tier viii premiums and tier viii premiums aren't in the same league.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

sauer kraut posted:

i actually had the opposite experience.
Amd was handling bit poorer than hotch.
Hotch gets better gun handling and faster shells.
Hotch turns way better which is good.
Hotch already gets that funny armor that bounces things it should not bounce.

I gun marked hotch and hated the AMD
also ebr105 is so stupidly busted that it might be worth the grind.

only advice i got is to go full speed ignore camo and just dodge all the shots while snapping ppl with auto aim. Oh and go after scouts and Amd's your car is way superior to theirs, you can even duke it out with lynxes because you turn faster than lynx who is driving in cruise mode.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

race cars own

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

BadLlama posted:

race cars own

There's a little shitler tier II premium that showed up in my garage. I really should abuse that one some more.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I finally got the top gun on the IS-3-II and it's real god drat fun. I don't think I'll unlock the ST-II (although maybe I will some day, I guess I'll get the XP eventually) but the double barrel tree is definitely worth it for the IS-3-II alone.

E: The 122 TM. I got up to the 60% discount, is the thing worth buying? I keep seeing them getting owned hilariously when people rush them during the 16 second reload, but they also occasionally do great work sniping from some flank.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 22, 2021

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I finally got the top gun on the IS-3-II and it's real god drat fun. I don't think I'll unlock the ST-II (although maybe I will some day, I guess I'll get the XP eventually) but the double barrel tree is definitely worth it for the IS-3-II alone.

E: The 122 TM. I got up to the 60% discount, is the thing worth buying? I keep seeing them getting owned hilariously when people rush them during the 16 second reload, but they also occasionally do great work sniping from some flank.

Their turrets are a pain in the rear end (from my experience) but I don't shoot gold. ymmv. I make this personal hell for myself.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Is the event still on in the Americas?
I got mine this morning at 80% off, it's a lot like a Centurion 7/1 with 8° gun depression, but one whole tier lower.
Extremely fast default apcr with 232 pen, 299 heat, good gun handling but very long reload.
The engine could use 50 or 100 hp more like most Chinese tanks, front armor is like a T-54 and the turret as said tier 9/10 quality if you don't allow easy cupola shots.
It's really, really strong for peekaboos. Don't get caught alone in a dps slugfest obviously, although with the armor it can work out too.

e; like the old Centuion 7/1, before it got the dpm buff. Not sure which turret is better, but I would choose the inverted wok-shaped one if you held a 120mm gun to my head.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Their turrets are a pain in the rear end (from my experience) but I don't shoot gold. ymmv. I make this personal hell for myself.

Aim for the cupola, the one on (your) left side with the wrapped up thing above it is a bit taller.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 22, 2021

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

T77 on sale you say

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

T77 on sale you say

$44 for a very difficult tank to play. I suppose that makes sense.

A word of warning if you are thinking of getting it: It is NOT a T8 version of the T57. It has no armor, aim time is rough and the reload time is loving brutal on it. With that being said, the pen is great, it gets ACPR and Heat and it is pretty nimble. I personally like it, but then again I love auto-loaders so yeah take my opinion with a grain of salt.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The good thing about the T77 is that you can use those 30% off coupons that Wargaming sometimes gives out on it.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
They could have just turned off any other ammo type for the test. It seems like every test server it's always people firing gold non stop.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Click pic for the replay and watch half an enemy team feed a Jagdpanzer E 100.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lladre posted:

They could have just turned off any other ammo type for the test. It seems like every test server it's always people firing gold non stop.

Test servers seem to largely be people just playing T10s with full gold because on their live accounts they aren't anywhere close to unlocking those tanks. And that's fine, but also doesn't tell you a loving thing about the effects of a huge, fundamental rework to the game like this HE "rebalance".

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

McGavin posted:

Click pic for the replay and watch half an enemy team feed a Jagdpanzer E 100.

I'm sorry, this is a 2nd class medal? 8k dmg, 5 kills?

What's it take to ace that thing?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I'm sorry, this is a 2nd class medal? 8k dmg, 5 kills?

What's it take to ace that thing?

It probably would have been an ace if I had spotted everything myself, but I was going for TD-10, which requires you to be unspotted at the moment you do damage, so I had to give the E 100 7k worth of spotting exp.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Courtesy of Reddit:

I am so afraid of what is going to happen to my crews. I have multiple 5 skill + crews that I've dumped A LOT of gold on.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

Courtesy of Reddit:

I am so afraid of what is going to happen to my crews. I have multiple 5 skill + crews that I've dumped A LOT of gold on.

Was coming in here to post exactly this. What a convoluted clusterfuck.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Crew 2.0 is pretty spicy. The proc skills that stack are interesting for min/maxing

edit: i might have enough 0 skill crew members to cover the entire tech tree if i drop the gold to retrain them all to commanders...

edit: these midweek discounts mean we probably aren't getting a black market any time soon

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 23, 2021

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Best thing about Crew 2.0 is the ability to train a crew for multiple tanks. I might actually have a reason to keep some good tier 8 and 9 tanks other than to look at them from time while the song Memories plays in my head.

It's going to be a rough couple of months after it's released where people are figuring out new metas. Probably a good idea to not retrain all my crews right away.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 23, 2021

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The resounding success of Crew 2.0 from WOWS now available in great WOT flavour.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Stanley Pain posted:

The resounding success of Crew 2.0 from WOWS now available in great WOT flavour.

There's no way it'll be that bad, for one there's no "if a heavy tank is camping on the A or K line, they get a massive accuracy buff" skill.

E: Jesus christ the truly special teams are out on the EU server tonight. Gotta love a T10 game where I do 3x the next guy's damage in my Bat-Chat 12t.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 23, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

In an ideal world you'd be able to Soylent Green all the worthless crew you just have taking room up in your barracks and 'feed' them to your worthwhile crews.

Also, I'm guessing this is also why the newer Twitch packages haven't been including commanders in them. Why give away what you're likely going to start charging for?

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 23, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Quickybaby rolling with an ELC Even that has 62% camo rating. While moving of course, because it's a light tank. He's literally doing donuts out in the open about a hundred meters away from T10 tanks and they're not spotting him. He also managed to build an EBR 105 that had ~480 meters view range and 52% camo.

Also your former special crewmen, when they become "instructors", randomly roll the buffs they provide to the crew. So tough poo poo if you wanted to use, say, Buffon in your heavy tank crew but he doesn't roll a buff you need in a heavy tank.

E: you can also use gold to just directly buy levels for your crew.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E: you can also use gold to just directly buy levels for your crew.

:pirate:

:rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-JA1ffd5Ms