Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I'm happy for you. I went through that years ago, and in the time since whenever I get those extra beats I use it as a warning to take a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Made it just about to my weight loss goal. Now I'm saving up for a nice adjustable weight set, while starting some other exercises. New goal, get swole.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Not today, but a week ago, I landed a three year position as a specialized lab technician in my local college after a year and a half of unemployment. My last employment was also with them and the enviroment is good, the other technicians are between friendly and actively helpful in teaching you new skills, and the workload is not stressful at all but you don't get that much downtime either. I am supposed to get trained in using some new equipment that nobody else has at our uni, so if all goes well, I'll get some valuable specific training too. I won't be hired until next month at the very least, but I am excited to be back there.

Today I also found out we have a tiny little patch of those growing in one of our plant pots. There was just this one some days ago, now there's like three of them :kimchi:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I have 40% custody of my son at the moment and his mother lives about 90 minutes by train away, so it's all been good, until august of last year. He got the 'rona, and has had to be quarantined like 4 times, and in isolation 2 times, and then I got sick, and then after that my lower back exploded, so we've barely seen each other the last few months and it's been horrible. But now, finally, everyone is healthy and he's here for winter break! Today we bought a board game, made some posters for his room and made tacos and I can't remember when I was last this happy :D

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Biplane posted:

I have 40% custody of my son at the moment and his mother lives about 90 minutes by train away, so it's all been good, until august of last year. He got the 'rona, and has had to be quarantined like 4 times, and in isolation 2 times, and then I got sick, and then after that my lower back exploded, so we've barely seen each other the last few months and it's been horrible. But now, finally, everyone is healthy and he's here for winter break! Today we bought a board game, made some posters for his room and made tacos and I can't remember when I was last this happy :D

so cool

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Biplane posted:

Biplane that's wonderful 💖

I hope you both have the best time :)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I just got around to watching the Nicolas Cage movie "The Colour out of Space". loving hell that was an experience. It has some upsetting imagery, but it's a hell of a movie. I'm glad I got around to it blind.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Biplane that's wonderful 💖

I hope you both have the best time :)

Thank you :D

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

BioEnchanted posted:

I just got around to watching the Nicolas Cage movie "The Colour out of Space". loving hell that was an experience. It has some upsetting imagery,

That’s just how Nicolas Cage looks

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This is the first day in two weeks I have felt relatively normal and not utterly crippled by gut-wrenching anxiety that isn't even caused by any mental activity, just perpetually there in my chest like a fist-sized knot that occasionally pulses adrenaline "coldness" spikes throughout my torso seemingly at random periods during the day. I'm hoping this is the first sign my medication is stabilizing, my appetite is slowly beginning to return which is good because I've lost nearly 20 pounds in two weeks from just not wanting to eat much of anything and having to force stuff down just to have something in my stomach for medication. This might be a brief eye of the storm period and I might be right back to the poo poo tomorrow when I wake up like I have been every time I wake up these past weeks, but right now, I feel good, and that's something I can say I haven't felt in many days.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
today was back to the old poo poo and yesterday was an eye of the storm day, but I had some anxious energy available so I used it to completely reorganize one section of my sale inventory to make it easier to find everything as well as more efficiently pack things, and was able to reduce the total amount of boxes used by about 20% which saves an appreciable amount of space. So while I've mentally been feeling not good today, I was at least able to accomplish something during the poo poo, and so that at least is satisfying.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My mom got her J&J covid vaccine. I wasn't able to get one alongside her, but at least she has it, and that's a huge worry off my shoulders.

the massachusetts vaccination rollout is so goddamn efficient and smooth, took 5 minutes from her getting in to getting the shot, then a half hour of sitting to make sure she didn't have any reactions, and then we were off. Can't wait to be able to get my shot too.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Congrats! It's now officially 2 weeks after my mom's shot. Such a huge sigh of relief for me.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I stopped my gratuitous intake of caffeine and painkillers. It's been two days and I feel pretty good! Day one (yesterday) suuuuuuuuuuuuucked, but now no more headaches, no more nausea, no more wasting money on coffee/energy drinks etc.

:toot:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You're gonna have withdrawal if you were ingesting a lot of caffeine over the years but if you can stick it out past that it's worth it.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I've got what it takes, Cap!

o7

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Cross posting from another thread cause I'm so jazzed about it:

I dropped off 3 garbage bags of 2X-4XL shirts and 50-inch jeans at good will today, while wearing a Medium sweater and 34 inch waist jeans. I've been losing weight since June of 2019, and am at the doorstep of my goal.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I will finally be off unemployment soon. I just got accepted to work for Dell as a level 2 contractor after I have passed my drug tesst today. I have my first easy project monday and after that is said and done I plan on getting a newer vehicle with my stimulus and start doing Door dash in between contracts with the company.

Benefits are meh but the pay is outstanding.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Today is my mom's 70th birthday. The weather was glorious all day. I took her to a nursery so I could help her pick out some plants and planters for my folks' redecorated living room, then to Target, where she had literally not been in a year to the day--we used to go about every other week. (Her last birthday was also the last time our family has been in a restaurant; we used to do that weekly.)

Our joint gift arrived: a year's subscription to a fancy sausage/salami/pate-of-the-month club, which she loved. All our gifts went over well.

We were going to order in from a nicer restaurant in the neighborhood for dinner, but her friend insisted on also sending over an array of amazing homemade appetizers that were all exactly to Mom's taste. We'd secretly orchestrated it over a month; she had no idea. Everything warmed up perfectly, and it was all so delicious and filling that we skipped the restaurant entirely.

We ended the day by watching a John Mulaney special and laughing ourselves sore over an excellent tiramisu. And my husband handled the clean-up.

My folks are both fully vaccinated, and just in time for us to be able to celebrate together. The cherry on top of all this is that our state announced it's opening up vaccinations to my cohort on the 22nd and to all adults on April 5. It was an awesome day.

e: I should mention that it was a little breezy, hence Mom's note at the end of the day: "Thank you again for the great day!  I would change only one thing:  gently caress that wind."

Hirayuki has a new favorite as of 05:12 on Mar 13, 2021

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I was toilet reading a novelty book called "Worst Case Scenario" that has a bunch of survival tips for different situations. One of the how-tos was detailed instructions for amputating your own limb. It was horrifying.

But then I got the biggest feeling of relief when I realized I will never have to do that. I've never had that happen before, something that made me appreciate my comfy life situation. It made a great start to the day.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You've just jinxed yourself to getting your arm stuck under the refrigerator and having to make some very tough choices.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Oh no :(

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Days not over yet friend

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hopefully James Franco decides he wants to have this become his pigeon hole and plays you in the direct to TV movie.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The fridge I got for a hundo is now up the flight of stairs in my house and running smoothly. It was half an inch too big to fit through one of the 3 doorways it had to go through to get there, so I had to dismantle and remove the doors and brackets, but it's up there, rebuilt, and humming quietly. My friend helped me get it up there, loving thing's like 200 pounds and I nearly went down the stairs with it on top of me because it snagged on something right at the top of the stairs, but it's in, it's done, it's running fine, and it's way roomier than the old one while being a lot quieter. The used old one I had that I got well over a decade ago for fifty bucks, which is prooooobably a freon-era fridge since the text on the inside of it is 80s-style and the plastic in it is yellowed and disintegrating, is now out and dismantled and ready to be picked up by a disposal service. I am exhausted but happy that it's finally done. I cut the poo poo out of my thumb on the underside of the fridge getting it up the stairs which super duper sucks because it's a pretty deep cut and it gushed blood, but it's cleaned, disinfected, and ointment is applied and the flap of skin is held in place, so hopefully it'll heal back together and not scar up too badly.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Folks.

Twitter is such garbage.

I had the app on my phone because I thought I needed it to view tweets in the PYF Tweets thread. I always got tempted to just browse it, and being the naive dumbass that I am, I would try to engage in good faith conversations, unaware that some people just live to toss out what they think are :iceburn: takes.

The other day I removed it after an interminable conversation with some puke who refused to spew anything less than the most caustic venom no matter how nice I was, and I feel better. I don't know why it made my day, but I think its because I genuinely care about others and when people get nasty is makes me sad for just the whole state of the world. Maybe I'm just clumsy with my typing/ internet communication skill, but oh boy is that site not the place for anything worthwhile.

I feel...lighter somehow, not being enthralled by stupid internet goings-on. I've started reading more of the books I have piling up.

Is weird, but it's nice.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
It was my birthday and even though we couldn't celebrate too much due to COVID, we got to go out for lunch and I umpromptly met someone I hadn't seen in a while and who was real happy to see me too. I even got some presents from far away friends which was really nice.

Also, a good friend named me as the "honorary aunt" of her newborn kid. The word for "Aunt" in her balkanic language is the singular form of the Spanish word for "tits", so I get to be some kid's Tit, and that's even better. Looking forward to some awful puns in the future.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Ministry show I had tickets for before the world fell apart was rescheduled! It's by my birthday too, so it almost makes up for having my 40th fall during a global pandemic.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

New mattress feels heavenly to sleep on!!!!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

My immunosuppressed Mom, my Dad, and on opposite ends of the country my sister-in-law, and my brother-in-law all got their first doses of the COVID vaccine today. Mrs. Doctor and I become eligible next week.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Nth Doctor posted:

My immunosuppressed Mom, my Dad, and on opposite ends of the country my sister-in-law, and my brother-in-law all got their first doses of the COVID vaccine today. Mrs. Doctor and I become eligible next week.

I became eligible on Monday due to Wisconsin's expanded vaccine requirements. I got my first shot of the moderna vaccine today and I actually teared up a bit because I was so relieved.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I became eligible on Monday due to Wisconsin's expanded vaccine requirements. I got my first shot of the moderna vaccine today and I actually teared up a bit because I was so relieved.

Mrs. Doctor had some happy tears when we got our appointments scheduled. Now we just look for the pediatric studies to roll in so N+1 and N+ith Doctor can get their medical stabbings.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

After a week of pretty terrible weather my run this morning was pretty good.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I built my new exercise bike, all by myself! Wasn't hard or anything, but I still feel accomplished by it.

Also, the traps I bought and set out to capture the occasionally-popping-up Goddamn Bug worked. Sure, it's kinda making me sad to think about and all (it's just trying to survive and prolly just escaping the weather inside, or whatever, it ain't like I'm leaving food out for it to eat so I've no idea where it came from) but yay! The Goddamn Bug has been vanquished!

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Finally was able to get my first dose of the COVID vaccine.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I have done 50 hours of work for Dell in the past two weeks and I am enjoying it; it's not technically employment.

I got a call from someone today asking if I could meet up with him monday morning to work for his tree cutting company. At first I openly admitted to him that I do not know how I would be feeling at those heights and he really wanted to talk to me about other means of employment.

He had a little bit of time to talk to me today but basically I would be helping him drive a box truck with hydraulic systems to help with his crew. And once he can hire a few people after me; his wife would then pull me into her office so I can be his assistant for office work. He told me over the phone I fit the bill; I would have to do a little bit of grunt work.

"Maybe" he said I would have to climb trees and help cut it down. Basically doing stuff like this for residential properties.

But I will be learning more on Monday. I am going to give it a shot. I can still also work for Dell on the side making extra money which is what I need to be doing during these trying times. And im tired of being on unemployment sitting at home not talking to anyone. I really want to work.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
"Awesome" is a stretch but today's the first day in 2 months where I haven't felt debilitatingly depressed so I'll consider it a win :unsmith:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Mrs. Doctor and I were able to get stabbed by US Air Force medical corps members this morning, so soon we may be immune from the roni.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I've had the idea of a smoked chili salt in my head for years but could never find it. I tried a few that claimed to be what I was looking for but they all ended up just tasting like plain salt plus capsaicin plus citric acid.

I finally found the taste I imagined in my head and it is going on everything. Smoked pepper taste, salt, and spiciness. I am a customer for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Where can I get this chili salt?