Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So Michael Che is trending on Twitter now - apparently one of his jokes last night did not go over well with certain people. Guess which one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

DaveWoo posted:

So Michael Che is trending on Twitter now - apparently one of his jokes last night did not go over well with certain people. Guess which one!

The funniest one?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

DaveWoo posted:

I honestly don't even remember...Update felt really inoffensive last night?

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I honestly don't even remember...Update felt really inoffensive last night?

I remember an Israel joke, maybe that one? I don't remember any other "offensive" jokes.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sneeing Emu posted:

I remember an Israel joke, maybe that one? I don't remember any other "offensive" jokes.

That'd be the one, yeah. Whole bunch of fun terms like "anti-semitic" and "blood libel" being thrown around on Twitter right now.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Basically, Israel has done a great job of vaccinating all it’s people except for the part where they don’t consider Palestinians people

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I thought Jost's racism joke was bluer. I'm sure there are still some brain-broken GOP apparatchiks who think that being critical of the leadership of the government of the nation of Israel is anti-Semitic, but those people are idiots.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I thought Jost's racism joke was bluer. I'm sure there are still some brain-broken GOP apparatchiks who think that being critical of the leadership of the government of the nation of Israel is anti-Semitic, but those people are idiots.

I don't think that's the source of the criticism; to me, it looked like it was coming from people closer to the Anti-Defamation League. Not the ADL per se, but people being offended on their behalf, taking the joke the wrong way in purpose, and injecting hyperbole into the rhetoric to drum up some clicks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
This is the horniest episode in some time.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

The Nastier Nate posted:

otoh Pete Davidson does an ok Andrew Cuomo

I don't know how it works, because it shouldn't, but he loving nailed it.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

The_Doctor posted:

Whatever bachelorette party was in the audience certainly was ready to go.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sivart13 posted:

Whatever bachelorette party was in the audience certainly was ready to go.

I feel like that was just the crew.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
It was definitely the fans there to see the musical guest. There excitement made me feel jaded and old: I don't even remember pretending to enjoy things that much.
:corsair:

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

The Nastier Nate posted:

Basically, Israel has done a great job of vaccinating all it’s people except for the part where they don’t consider Palestinians people

Man, it’s amazing how bent out of shape some folk get when you remind them that an apartheid is happening

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

:gizz:
https://twitter.com/FELTONFEELZ/status/1363383954531827712

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1363940357059342340

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

First time I have seen this sketch from 7 years ago

https://youtu.be/vI_c1F994gs

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/pali_rose1/status/1363970987558121472?s=21

pwn
May 27, 2004

Nick Jonas breaks the first-timers streak and wraps up this five-episode run tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeeihCXBgV0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM4PQEOyI7A

Tonight’s Vintage: Don Cheadle with Gary Clark, Jr from Fevruary 16 2019.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol trapped in the mirror

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jonas has a lot of balls doing that monologue after single handedly ruining the Les Mis concert he was in.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

pwn posted:

Tonight’s Vintage: Don Cheadle with Gary Clark, Jr from Fevruary 16 2019.

Classic SNL. It was somehow more awful than I remembered and included the same "oh you don't know this hot song?" in a bar sketch as last week's bad episode.

Can't believe I'd ever yearn for the Gilli SNL era, but whoever recently said that the show is "perpetually stuck in a state of being better 10 years ago" hit the nail on the head so goddamned hard. I watch SNL like I smoke cigarettes and either need to quit now or ride it out to my grave.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Murder Show sketch hitting close to home.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Cyril Sneer posted:

my wife loves murder shows and i cant stand them so that ones a winner for me

pwn
May 27, 2004

Who do you suppose will intro nick’s first song? I’m thinking kenan and chris, they’re both on kenan’s new show. That or kevin jonas

pwn
May 27, 2004

I just watched Promising Young Woman last night and this whole scene is giving me flashbacks

pwn
May 27, 2004

Also this is how I feel about strip clubs. Yeah i really want to get aroused in a room of strangers and bros. Boy what fun :geno:

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Pretty good episode so far. Wonder if they'll keep it up (boner joke).

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

NJ *is* a performer right? Cuz he sure seems awkward on here.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Cuck

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CC had it as Cook but yeah that was definitely cuck.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why are you from Canada?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Well that was a 5 to 1 sketch of I've ever seen one

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Good episode overall.

My son watches some of this with us. He's an adult, but autistic. As such, he's learned to mimic other people's emotional reactions as a mechanism for fitting in. Most people who are around him when he's at work or when we go out don't pick up on this, but my wife and I do. So, he'll laugh when we do, regardless of whether or not he gets the joke.

But before my wife and I started laughing, he was howling at the "boner with my friends" stuff. It's one of the few times I've caught him having a totally unprompted emotional response to something that's not just a kid's show.

So regardless of anything else, this episode is a win.

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJQHk5lmTwQ

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
The writers were in my house and watching my wife while writing the "Murder Show' sketch.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Cyril Sneer posted:

As soon as I realized what the song was, I had to go find the link on YouTube and send it to a friend who watches every murder show she can.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

carticket posted:

As soon as I realized what the song was, I had to go find the link on YouTube and send it to a friend who watches every murder show she can.

I sent the link to my wife, who responded with uproarious laughter.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Every episode should have a live animal. I don't know that I've ever seen a live animal in a sketch that does what it was supposed to, and it is always funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What the hell was up with that skit?