Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Honky Dong Country posted:

Looking forward to this. My grandfather was an airborne ranger and also fought in Korea.

Mine was a chairborne ranger and owns that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Who is the oldest goon? I’m getting my 91 year old grandfather an account because he wants to post about his time as a Korean War draftee in the mil history a/t thread (I will probably mostly post his replies for him) but as far as regular posters go.

You should just start a new thread for him

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

You can tell if they’re pheasants because they actively commit suicide on roads.

I don’t know why but pheasants are weird about roads.

Around here it seems to be that they just like to hang out in the ditch right by the road, and then a car startles them and they're idiots so they fly out into the road and get pasted.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

His words on his account that is literally just his rank and real name are his own. I just type em.

E: he also has interest in the flight sim thread.

The last time I saw him drive I had to pay for a new bumper.

Your grandpa is going to end up joining evegoons as a director, and your grandma is gonna disown you for introducing grandpa to this site

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There was :corsair: who got banned for "it's ephebophilia" and also bragging about curbstomping black dudes and planting guns and drugs as a cop

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There was :corsair: who got banned for "it's ephebophilia" and also bragging about curbstomping black dudes and planting guns and drugs as a cop

No thats tokaii.

Afaik corsair was just old

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
E. Nm can't read

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

RFC2324 posted:

No thats tokaii.

lol what the gently caress is up with your new redtext

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

RFC2324 posted:

No thats tokaii.

Lmao congrats on getting someone so mad that they spent ten bucks to 'own' you for not laughing at a transphobic joke :allears:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

lol old, rich, pedophilic minority-murdering cop

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Rockman Reserve posted:

lol what the gently caress is up with your new redtext

they posted in pyf and someone got angry

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Post in PYF? That's just sick, no two ways about it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

also bragging about curbstomping black dudes and planting guns and drugs as a cop

It's been a while since I read Tokaii's threads but IIRC most of what he was posting was "the force was incredibly corrupt and the system would make you corrupt whether you wanted to be or not, and it's been forty years since I was in but it's probably still true today."

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1588985&userid=50818

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
people make up a caricature of posters in their head and then get mad that person exists

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
if you want to make them really mad, say things like "in what post did they ever say that?" and then they're like oh they never said that... but i know they were thinking it . . . .

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pick posted:

people make up a caricature of posters in their head and then get mad that person exists

This x1000000

Pick posted:

if you want to make them really mad, say things like "in what post did they ever say that?" and then they're like oh they never said that... but i know they were thinking it . . . .

Also this lol.

Goons definitely need to be fact checked. A lot.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

He definitely bragged about giving guys beatings for 'resisting arrest' and got banned for making 'sixteen is scientifically the hottest age' posts, so it really wasn't spun out of nothing

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

quote:

First, I am 72 and on so many medications that no woman, man or child could turn me on so I have no monkey in this circus.

But if people are going to act like hysterical housewives over the BFM thing at least get some facts right.

Assuming what has been posted so far is correct and this girl was 14-15 and lived in Iceland:

1. This makes him at worst a hebephile not a pedophile. It is a not insignificant difference as this is a lesser mental aberration. If she was 15 she may, depending on development have passed out of hebephile range and this would be no aberration at all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephilia

2. In America, for example, we incorrectly use the word pedophile for a man having sex with a 17 year old girl. Psychologists know that study after study (brain imaging, etc)show that men of all ages find females most attractive around age 16. But we have decided to protect these girls just as we have decided to protect many things by law. So that man with the 17 year old is breaking the law, but is not mentally aberrant.

3. The age of consent in Iceland is, indeed 15. So this BFM person was either legal or one year below legal and either non-aberrant or barely a hebephile.

So, in my opinion, BFM was a jerk back then and may be a jerk now, I don't know. Kicking him out was fine. But those of you acting like he was a baby-raper-murderer and SCT can never be forgiven for even giving him the benefit of the doubt for a few days are being ridiculously over-righteous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Goddamn goons making up guys to get angry about

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
That really reads more like an ill-conceived legalistic interpretation of the situation than him saying "16 years is the hottest age" or whatever. The granular definitions of the pedophile rainbow is loving stupid but it isn't out of character for a career law enforcement officer to take a legalistic track on it. I don't remember him being especially age of consent proactive in other threads but it's been a long time.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
there probably is useful granularity in sexual dirtbags with associated vocab but unfortunately the only people who want to negotiate it are sexual dirtbags trying to downplay their crimes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i wonder if furries do this......... yeah i want to gently caress a HIPPO but i don't want to gently caress a GUINEA PIG like this freak over here

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Heath posted:

That really reads more like an ill-conceived legalistic interpretation of the situation than him saying "16 years is the hottest age" or whatever. The granular definitions of the pedophile rainbow is loving stupid but it isn't out of character for a career law enforcement officer to take a legalistic track on it. I don't remember him being especially age of consent proactive in other threads but it's been a long time.

Please do not defend the weird age of consent guy

Wait why do I feel like this isn't the first time I've said that exact thing to you???

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Pick posted:

i wonder if furries do this......... yeah i want to gently caress a HIPPO but i don't want to gently caress a GUINEA PIG like this freak over here

Nah furries are mostly concerned with weeding out the truly depraved freaks like Nazi Furs and Diaper Baby Furs and pedophiles that use furrydom to groom kids. They otherwise tend to be very accepting of all sorts of weird niches and not like, in a hosed up way afaik.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

I'm beginning to evolve my position here. We need to actually generate consistent new sagas to prevent this thread from becoming weird creepy slapfightsville. Someone go post in GBS about building your own house in the VA suburbs.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

some plague rats posted:

Please do not defend the weird age of consent guy

Wait why do I feel like this isn't the first time I've said that exact thing to you???

I checked and quoting someone Having Opinions about age of consent stuff is like lighting the batsignal for Heath to arrive and divine their intentions. Come on lad don't be that guy

Straight White Shark posted:

bad: saying that wanting to gently caress 15 year olds should not be lumped in with those gross pedophiles
good...?: saying that wanting to gently caress 15 year olds should not be lumped in with those gross pedophiles but for :decorum: sake it's best not to encourage discussion

Heath posted:

pentyne isn't a regularly lovely poster and dragging a 4 year old quote up, apparently in response to this:

which to my eyes is a completely innocuous post, let alone editing context out of it and dropping it with that snide Twitter-baiting "this you?" bullshit is behavior that should absolutely be discouraged on these forums. Given the context of the quote and a lack of evidence to the contrary I'm willing to grant that pentyne is probably not a pedophile defende and merely had either phrased it poorly or had a half-baked thought, if not both, which is something all of us have done at one point or another. He doesn't deserve to be dragged for that, not only because pulling up a half-decade old quote that has no relevance to the discussion at hand, but especially since baselessly accusing people of being pedos, or implying that they are, is something that has been considered to be in poor taste if not outright against the rules for years at this point. Don't do poo poo like that, it's garbage behavior.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Heath posted:

quote:

Psychologists know that study after study (brain imaging, etc)show that men of all ages find females most attractive around age 16.

:confused:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What in God's name is happening

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the most sexy age for a woman is whatever glenn close is doing

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
"they arent a pedophile just because they said they were attracted to children" is the new "being attracted to children is technically ephebophilia"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Okay that I didn't see.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What in God's name is happening

Examining a cool type of guy

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I find 69 to be most attractive

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

If while browsing you find yourself wanting to post something along the lines of "Hmm this person is probably just being misunderstood about their thoughts regarding lowering the age of consent, I should find some logic to defend them" your best bet is to probably just.. not.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

multijoe posted:

Goddamn goons making up guys to get angry about

Got to say I'm extremely taken with the logic of "actually it's fine for me to be a weird old pedo because my dick doesn't work anymore"

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
The ephebophilia defender defender has logged on

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
really we should be discussing the words for explaining the staggered crustiness of the geezer-sleazers

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Pick posted:

we know what you're thinking about, Pick

Star Trek memes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
milf/dilf, gilf (gender-neutral because at this point the sag & wrankles are so advanced it barely matters), double-gee "illfers", century eggs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

FuturePastNow posted:

we know what you're thinking about, Pick

Star Trek memes

i mean...................... usually , yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hello kids I'm Officer Potato O'Racecrime, and I'm here to explain why back in my day if you saw a guy wearing a belt but no hat you were allowed to crack his skull and take his pocket watch, [5000 words later] and that's why it's bullshit I'm not allowed near my grandkids
Some goon in PYF: this guy's fine legal mind is not allowing him to see the bad impression his words could create