Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Should I pick up The Pathless or just wait for Returnal or Deathloop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Pathless is a nice little game that you can beat in a single weekend. I don't think any of those other two games are coming anytime soon.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

The Pathless is a nice little game that you can beat in a single weekend. I don't think any of those other two games are coming anytime soon.

Returnal is April 30th and Deathloop is May 21st.

The Pathless seems a tad short if it's just a few hours..hm.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It took me about 8 hours to beat and 12 hours to collect everything. It's a mostly relaxing puzzle platformer with gorgeous art and a unique fluid traversal system. More like a Shadow of the Colossus or a Journey than some megalith AAA title.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

PS5 didn't fix my depression, what gives?!

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 minutes!

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

just wait for Elden Ring

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Its girth will put new depressions in your media center

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Just spent a few hours playing and it seems to be exactly what Destruction All-Stars wanted to be but isn't, which is a good game. Appreciate the heads-up about it.

Still looking for Dirt 5 opinions from anyone that's got 'em.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Its girth will put new depressions in your media center

lol

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

My ps5 showed up, I was in the middle of Tomb Raider so I finished that and can finally start a PS 5 title.

*sees thread chatter about Diablo 3, reinstalls*

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Does Diablo 3's color scheme look like rear end on PS5, or did it always look like rear end and I just forgot

I loaded up Act 2 and it looks like a cat puked on my TV. It's more orange tinted than a Mexico scene in a crime movie.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i don't think it's the end of the world, but i never really liked how D3 looked

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I wish Sony would put up the deluxe edition contents of some of their launch games as DLC now. I kind of want to play the Sackboy game as Sack Norman Reedus for a laff but I have the disc here and I really don't want to pay full retail price and then some for a Death Stranding costume. Also you know the Demon's Souls stuff.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

smoobles posted:

Does Diablo 3's color scheme look like rear end on PS5, or did it always look like rear end and I just forgot

I loaded up Act 2 and it looks like a cat puked on my TV. It's more orange tinted than a Mexico scene in a crime movie.

It always looked like rear end.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Thirded. They switched from the classic Diablo style color schemes to World of Warcraft-style oversaturated bullshit and it just never looked good even once.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Doom 2016 was amazing and Doom Eternal isn't even fun. I'm upset

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Doom 2016 was amazing and Doom Eternal isn't even fun. I'm upset

they're both decently fun but neither holds a candle to titanfall 2

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm just sick of fantasy stuff that looks like everything is powered by RBG lights. I'm not opposed to some tastefully used glowing runes or whatever, but I am sick of everything looking lit up like a Christmas tree all of the time in video games.

Reaper of Souls was more restrained with that stuff and like I was saying last night, I think the overall game looks better with all of that content mixed in. And the quality of the artwork is good. It's still not totally my bag though. I need some drab mixed in with my fantasy so the more fantastical poo poo looks more uh, fantastic.

Games tried so hard to get away from browngray they went too far in the other direction imo. it's like visual fruit loops.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 22, 2021

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Hello this is me unironically
RIP in Power, King

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

mistermojo posted:

just wait for Elden Ring

delayed til 2023

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Dark Souls 3 looks pretty good on PS5, is it getting a remastered version this year? It has the same color scheme as Bloodborne, really. So all kind of brownish yellow. I will say, the settings (in just in undead village) is so amazing. It’s like Bloodborne and demon souls had a baby. Really amazingly dark and creepy.

I still don’t know the right way of playing it but I’m using a shield like in demon souls, and not dodging as much because of the weird dodge lag. Dodging happens when you release the button, not press it, so it really messes me up. I hope I get better because like I’m sayin, what a heck of a setting!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Firstborn posted:

Hello this is me unironically
RIP in Power, King

you're not honking enough mons with the evening gank squad

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I will put in some effort to not be bad and come try to play with you guys soon
I promise not to knock anyone over with my long sword

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Firstborn posted:

I will put in some effort to not be bad and come try to play with you guys soon
I promise not to knock anyone over with my long sword

you're talking to a HBG main :blastu:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bring back shock&awe-grey and GWOT-brown imho

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
How can I join the cool kids gank squad in Monster Hunter

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Picked up The Pathless for $2. Guess we'll see how safe Amazon Key is. I'll be home anyway :v

Thanks goons!

Is there a PS5 discord chat or something?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

infraboy posted:

How can I join the cool kids gank squad in Monster Hunter

my psn = snackytongs

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Is there a PS5 discord chat or something?

Yes there is: https://discord.gg/9j7ugAb

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Blind Rasputin posted:

Dark Souls 3 looks pretty good on PS5, is it getting a remastered version this year? It has the same color scheme as Bloodborne, really. So all kind of brownish yellow. I will say, the settings (in just in undead village) is so amazing. It’s like Bloodborne and demon souls had a baby. Really amazingly dark and creepy.

I still don’t know the right way of playing it but I’m using a shield like in demon souls, and not dodging as much because of the weird dodge lag. Dodging happens when you release the button, not press it, so it really messes me up. I hope I get better because like I’m sayin, what a heck of a setting!

Glad you’re enjoying a fantastic game. The undead settlement does, in fact, rule.

As for the proper way to play it, they really let you figure it out on your own. I’ve done plays where I rely on shields or just being light and rolling with a two handed great weapon, both were very fun. Shield or no shield is totally up to you.

My personal favorite though, dress for fashion only (thrall hood) and max out STR for your +10 great club.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i assume that's you jay?

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Yessir, ready to whack some monster heads sometime.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

infraboy posted:

Yessir, ready to whack some monster heads sometime.

I'll add you to the gank chat and if you can get on the game sometime I'll get you in the squad

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Christ, Fenyx just keeps going doesn't it. I'm going to plat it just because it's not like I have a huge list of games on my plate, but drat ubisoft needs to rein this in.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ShaneB posted:

Christ, Fenyx just keeps going doesn't it. I'm going to plat it just because it's not like I have a huge list of games on my plate, but drat ubisoft needs to rein this in.

Its 1/3rd the length of their usual games too lmbo

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

Its 1/3rd the length of their usual games too lmbo

I think a 100% of this game will take like 65 hours

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Oh neat The Sinking City got a PS5 upgrade. No free upgrade for PS4 owners (for now?) because of legal issues :smith:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

ShaneB posted:

Yeah, like he said. 1/3rd the length of their usual games.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

cvnvcnv posted:

Even if deeply mixed, the opinions on games in this thread seem top notch so lemme ask: Do I want to buy Dirt 5?

It seems I might! My best examples of racing games I've really enjoyed are Ridge Racer Type 4, whatever that one super popular one on the original X-Box was, and Asphalt 7 & 8 which I played the stinking dookie out of on a laptop, which is I guess to say "arcade style" racers. If Dirt 5 won't be for me, is there anything on the horizon which may be?

Thanks, I'm a dumbass and I didn't like Bloodborne, two separate and unrelated facts. I appreciate the help!

If you have Gamepass it's about to be/maybe already on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ShaneB posted:

I have platinum and just checked my time: 62 hours. In comparison of recent Ubi games Watch Dogs Legion was 54 and Division 2 was 69. That's not very nice.