Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Jennifer Hale is in literally everything, it's just rarely for a leading role. Her VA credits are a mile long.

She can also do more than one voice as well. From cute kid (whatever character(s) she plays on My Little Pony) to normal voice (The Hex Girls form Scooby Doo!) to hardass/badass (FemShep). Speaking of the Hex Girls Jennifer Hale can also sing quite well. Disappointed there was no karaoke minigame in Mass Effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Pennsylvanian posted:

Jenn was supposed to be Samus in Other: M but got replaced.

She owned in Bulletstorm. She, Steve, and the guy who voiced Cerrano were all fantastic.

She was also Samus in the Metroid Prime trilogy.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Now I'm reminiscing about that one publicity stunt where they sent a few pre-release 360 copies of ME3 up on weather balloons over various cities and sent people scrambling for them wherever they landed

Ahhh, those were the days

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 21, 2021

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Julius CSAR posted:

I love this video of Jennifer Hale showing up probably hammered to the ME3 launch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa7niDlKw-8

my immediate response was "huh that's a lot of people huddled together... oh right" :[

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cross-Section posted:

Now I'm reminiscing about that one publicity stunt where they chucked a few pre-release 360 copies of ME3 out of a plane over the Vegas suburbs and told people to find them

Didn't they send one into space with a weather balloon too?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Didn't they send one into space with a weather balloon too?

Some light googling revealed they were indeed one and the same, I edited my post

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If I remember right one got stuck in a super tall tree so there was just a crowd of people under it trying to figure out how to get it.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

MH Knights posted:

She can also do more than one voice as well. From cute kid (whatever character(s) she plays on My Little Pony) to normal voice (The Hex Girls form Scooby Doo!) to hardass/badass (FemShep). Speaking of the Hex Girls Jennifer Hale can also sing quite well. Disappointed there was no karaoke minigame in Mass Effect.

She also does like half the female voices on the OG Powerpuff Girls show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bobjr posted:

If I remember right one got stuck in a super tall tree so there was just a crowd of people under it trying to figure out how to get it.

Can you imagine being that poor dumb bastard who climbed a loving 300 ft tall sequoia for a copy of Mass Effect 3?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

Can you imagine being that poor dumb bastard who climbed a loving 300 ft tall sequoia for a copy of Mass Effect 3?

I mean, it’s basically it’s basically the ending sequence of the game

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Julius CSAR posted:

I love this video of Jennifer Hale showing up probably hammered to the ME3 launch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=youtu?be?Pa7niDlKw-8

I can't watch your video op but walking around with a good drunk on is a very pro Shepherd move

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

I can't watch your video op but walking around with a good drunk on is a very pro Shepherd move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa7niDlKw-8

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Pennsylvanian posted:

She also does like half the female voices on the OG Powerpuff Girls show.

I didn't know anything about this, looked and she was Ms. Keane????

I'm shaking. I'm shook. Holy crap lol. That's amazing

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Jennifer Hale had a time where if you asked anyone who had any reason to know VA's to name a woman voice actor, she would be the first name off their lips. That's way outside the scope of anime/vidyagame nerddom, too - she was everywhere and on the short list for anything that required voice acting in basically the entire english speaking sphere.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

exquisite tea posted:

That's untrue about Outer Worlds, it was written primarily by Boyarsky & Cain which is probably why it comes off as mostly out-of-touch and middling in its satire.

yeah pretty much. i think some of it works and i enjoy the universe but weirdly enough it felt like it was too idk grounded. like it wants to be verhoven with how stupid and hosed up some of the poo poo is, but it doesn't have the bite. like yeah its mostly saterizing the idea of "well what if the progressive era/trust busting never happened and the company paternalistic ideal won the day and the economic left basically died in the gilded age" its an interesting concept but the game needed way more quest depth and writing bite to handle it best.

Cross-Section posted:

Now I'm reminiscing about that one publicity stunt where they sent a few pre-release 360 copies of ME3 up on weather balloons over various cities and sent people scrambling for them wherever they landed

i sorta miss dumb poo poo like that. i miss being super hyped for games but than the duel stabs of ME3 and Cyberpunk(not a bad game at all but witcher 3 2.0 it aint) kinda ruined that for me.

TheCenturion posted:

Joss Whedon and his quippyness is still a thing.

nah, he got thrown out the airlock for being a gross rear end in a top hat sex pest who said alot of hosed up poo poo to women and dudes while pretending to be super with it and woke. dudes loving done.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nah, he got thrown out the airlock for being a gross rear end in a top hat sex pest who said alot of hosed up poo poo to women and dudes while pretending to be super with it and woke. dudes loving done.

yeah but his influence on movie culture is pretty significant and won't go away anytime soon. unfortunately.

And as for Hale she got a full-blown profile in the New Yorker of all things

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2011/08/15/voicebox-360

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Pennsylvanian posted:

The only way you can tell the difference between a male or female PC in Dark Souls is the walking animation.

I think there's a few sets in Bloodborne that change depending on your gender, most noticeably the Yarnham Hunter set, but they all stick to the hosed up victorian vibe pretty well.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i sorta miss dumb poo poo like that. i miss being super hyped for games but than the duel stabs of ME3 and Cyberpunk(not a bad game at all but witcher 3 2.0 it aint) kinda ruined that for me.

So long as there is hype, there will be disappointment from overhyping.

I don't think I've heard much about 2077 as an actual game though, it's all been a bunch of bugs and technical issues, which is the most understandable flaw in the business, and games that are extremely buggy at release will often get fixed in a few months. A bad story will usually be broke forever.

ME3 is a pretty fun game mechanically too, which is why it's a shame that all the writing is about everything in the galaxy dying, your character dealing with a lot of weird obtuse emotions about the one and only time they ever saw a child, and some dumbass NPC beating your rear end constantly in unskippable cutscenes. I don't think I even felt motivated enough to go through with the final mission on my one playthrough, I'm really gonna have to go back and play that and the DLC someday.

The economic model of Mass Effect is also garbage, because it went really hard on slicing out interesting stories and characters to put in the DLC, and my Cerberus Network codes did not work for some bullshit reason. That's another reason why I play games long after they've been out, because then you can grab an edition that just includes all the DLC for less than a hundred bucks.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The best way to do Mass Effect 3 is to create a save just before priority Earth, get the “perfect ending” if you can but it’s fine if you don’t, finish the game, then load that save file and do the Citadel DLC so the big party can be the final little bit.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SlothfulCobra posted:

So long as there is hype, there will be disappointment from overhyping.

I don't think I've heard much about 2077 as an actual game though, it's all been a bunch of bugs and technical issues, which is the most understandable flaw in the business, and games that are extremely buggy at release will often get fixed in a few months. A bad story will usually be broke forever.

ME3 is a pretty fun game mechanically too, which is why it's a shame that all the writing is about everything in the galaxy dying, your character dealing with a lot of weird obtuse emotions about the one and only time they ever saw a child, and some dumbass NPC beating your rear end constantly in unskippable cutscenes. I don't think I even felt motivated enough to go through with the final mission on my one playthrough, I'm really gonna have to go back and play that and the DLC someday.

The economic model of Mass Effect is also garbage, because it went really hard on slicing out interesting stories and characters to put in the DLC, and my Cerberus Network codes did not work for some bullshit reason. That's another reason why I play games long after they've been out, because then you can grab an edition that just includes all the DLC for less than a hundred bucks.

i didnt mind the kid as much as dumb as it is(outside his weird dialogue) i read stories about disasters and terror attacks/wars and alot of first hand accounts always have some "small" or specific thing or detail sticking with them and acting as a trigger or a ptsd point or whatever. i can see Shepard internalizing all the horrible poo poo and just seeing that one kid die over and over again. also if you run paragon and go for best ending the galaxy seems like it may be a much better place if they manage to beat the reapers.

on cyberpunk. game is good/great. its just not witcher 3 level of depth with quests and poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 22, 2021

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Julius CSAR posted:

The best way to do Mass Effect 3 is to create a save just before priority Earth, get the “perfect ending” if you can but it’s fine if you don’t, finish the game, then load that save file and do the Citadel DLC so the big party can be the final little bit.

I'm playing with a mod that cuts immediately from shepard losing consciousness on the citadel (hackett calls to say that the crucible isn't firing) to the perfect ending, and then after credits drops you into the citadel dlc. Worked perfectly and I never even had to talk to the starchild

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

VostokProgram posted:

I'm playing with a mod that cuts immediately from shepard losing consciousness on the citadel (hackett calls to say that the crucible isn't firing) to the perfect ending, and then after credits drops you into the citadel dlc. Worked perfectly and I never even had to talk to the starchild

Which mod is that?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yeah, my understanding of Cyberpunk 2077 is that it's a fine game. CD Projeckt is just absolutely terrible at optics Re: a lot of things, and the game was functionally unplayable at launch and is now literally unplayable (as in, you cannot buy the game) on 2/3rds of the launch systems. There's a subset of my friend group who swear that the game is awesome but they played it on Stadia, which was apparently stable at launch for various reasons.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I'd call it more unacceptable than unplayable. A lot of people have finished it on PlayStation, and even loved it, but that's in spite of its abysmal technical state.

I really liked it, despite all that, but recognize it's a flawed game even when it's running okay.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kurieg posted:

Yeah, my understanding of Cyberpunk 2077 is that it's a fine game. CD Projeckt is just absolutely terrible at optics Re: a lot of things, and the game was functionally unplayable at launch and is now literally unplayable (as in, you cannot buy the game) on 2/3rds of the launch systems. There's a subset of my friend group who swear that the game is awesome but they played it on Stadia, which was apparently stable at launch for various reasons.

The PC version is functionally playable and has been since launch albeit with a lot of bugs. You’re 100% right on the consoles however.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Soylent Pudding posted:

Which mod is that?

Extended Cut to Citadel DLC. The other version is Citadel Epilogue Mod which needs to be paired with one of the various ending mods and removes basically all references to the Reapers, Cerberus, and the war from the dialog to better sell the idea that Citadel is in fact set post-ME3.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Yeah blow them reapers up.

gently caress ‘em

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Thanks!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Julius CSAR posted:

gently caress ‘em

who would even want to negotiate with omnigenocidal immortals honestly

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I remember hearing the PC port of ME1 was in some way hosed, but I don't remember why or the context. Is it, or is it an ok way to replay it?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I was today years old when I learned that you can disable the Synthetic Insights security on Noveria. It changed literally not a single thing about the encounter there lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Julius CSAR posted:

gently caress ‘em

Yeah I never got all the complaints about the ending of Mass Effect 3. You show up, some weird kid says,"There's a button you can push to destroy the Reapers bu-" and by the time he's gotten that far you've already mashed that button like 1000 times.

Then you go party with your bird boyfriend and your buddies on the Citadel :c00l:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Julius CSAR posted:

gently caress ‘em

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I never got all the complaints about the ending of Mass Effect 3. You show up, some weird kid says,"There's a button you can push to destroy the Reapers bu-" and by the time he's gotten that far you've already mashed that button like 1000 times.

Then you go party with your bird boyfriend and your buddies on the Citadel :c00l:

you missed the greatest hat in the galaxy

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
im glad this thread isn't talking about ME:A anymore because i don't give a gently caress about that game, and the conversation's distracting from dunking on The Illusive Man and his list of hair-brained failures

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

im glad this thread isn't talking about ME:A anymore because i don't give a gently caress about that game, and the conversation's distracting from dunking on The Illusive Man and his list of hair-brained failures

I love whenever you call Tim out on various evil Cerberus operations he claims that this was a rogue unit he had no idea about. It's great, because either he's lying and thus is evil, or he's telling the truth and thus is incompetent, and in either case it means you gotta basically steal all his poo poo, spend his money and never give him anything and you don't ever have to feel bad about it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shepard. *drinks whiskey* Fifteen minutes ago, I placed an order at Korlak's, a volus pizzeria on the Citadel. I need you and your team to retrieve it for me, *takes drag from cigarette* and grab a bottle of Space Sprite while you're there.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Shepard. A Cerberus cell was tasked opening a lemonade stand on the Citadel. *takes drag from cigarette* We lost contact with them as soon as they started juicing the lemons.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

hobbesmaster posted:

The PC version is functionally playable and has been since launch albeit with a lot of bugs. You’re 100% right on the consoles however.

Played well on my SX. It probably crashed every 4-5 hours, averaged out over my play time. Not ideal, but it wasn’t an incredible momentum killer. Regular auto-saves and very fast loading helped a lot in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Funky Valentine posted:

Shepard. *drinks whiskey* Fifteen minutes ago, I placed an order at Korlak's, a volus pizzeria on the Citadel. I need you and your team to retrieve it for me, *takes drag from cigarette* and grab a bottle of Space Sprite while you're there.

what is this, some kind of strand type game?