Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
When will the cast go to space?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When will the cast go to space?

I mean, they tried to. Remember the time that organ harvesting cult leader built that rocket?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I mean, they tried to. Remember the time that organ harvesting cult leader built that rocket?

Yeah but wasn’t that like a Dare Devil rocket? Not a real rocket ship.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Don't forget that Archie had a felony conviction and prison time on his resume before he leaves HS too. Where he banded together the youthful inmates with a game of football because he's actually a diplomat using physicality.

Also kinda crazy that he would turn down a fuckin FULL RIDE to the Naval Academy, but sure why not let's just join the army i guess.

This show is bonkers and it doesn't matter at all.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Remember that time a bunch of nuns were involved in a drug ring and got kids into drugs by getting them to play D&D?

Those were the early days, before the show became as insane as it is now.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Quote-Unquote posted:

Remember that time a bunch of nuns were involved in a drug ring and got kids into drugs by getting them to play D&D?

Those were the early days, before the show became as insane as it is now.

And then those nuns committed ritualistic mass suicide.

What's the body count for this show? Has anyone gone through and counted how many people have died?

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Also kinda crazy that he would turn down a fuckin FULL RIDE to the Naval Academy, but sure why not let's just join the army i guess.

Archie has huge enlisted energy tho so it makes sense.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Don't forget, those nuns also operated as the local conversion therapy center, completely unrelated to their cult and drug network. (ed: and an orphanage, which apparently never mixed with any of their other endeavours.)

What's the body count for this show? Has anyone gone through and counted how many people have died?
Doesn't include unconfirmed deaths (e.g. the killer Veronica burned, the Ghoulies the Poisons shot) and it's a couple of episodes behind, but https://riverdale.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Deaths_(Riverdale) has the tally at 79.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Where I'm from nuns were selling children and working their mothers to death as slaves so most of the nun hijinks in Riverdale got a "Yeah, sound's right" from me.

At some point character's were calling Riverdale the murder capitol of the US. Even Sabrina who was currently dealing with the lords of Hell got super nervous when she had to go get something from Riverdale

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Calling it now, Mothman is the father of Toni's baby.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

You know it’s Hirem.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

GreenNight posted:

You know it’s Hirem.

Hiram was a Mothman alien several decades ago?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
All I know about Hiram is he loves the great taste and iconic crunch of classic nacho cheese Doritos™.

Actually, I have a question about his plan: he already owns/owned most of Riverdale, right? That was the driving force behind nearly every plot of the last two seasons or so. If you already own a town, why shutter it to try to start a new town a few miles away? Why not just make the town you already own better? He could still price it out of the market for the locals, while surely saving a substantial amount from not having to, y'know, build a whole new town.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

pressedbunny posted:

All I know about Hiram is he loves the great taste and iconic crunch of classic nacho cheese Doritos™.

Actually, I have a question about his plan: he already owns/owned most of Riverdale, right? That was the driving force behind nearly every plot of the last two seasons or so. If you already own a town, why shutter it to try to start a new town a few miles away? Why not just make the town you already own better? He could still price it out of the market for the locals, while surely saving a substantial amount from not having to, y'know, build a whole new town.

That seems sort of realistic to me. He just knows how to run a town like a business.
He's the sort of CEO who runs a business into the ground and migrates to the competition before it goes belly up.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Riverdale: This season there's aliens. Deal with it fuckers.

pressedbunny posted:

Yeah, Hiram could have made a mint gentrifying Riverdale. It's close enough to New York that you can commute there for work (I mean, at least it is this season) that's a great location for a hyper rich suburb. Just have all the businesses you own jack up the prices, get your hired goons to run the local gangs out of town, then bulldoze the suburbs and start building bougie mcmansions.

That would have been the smart thing to do, but Hiram isn't smart which is why his plans are constantly thwarted by the world's dumbest redhead.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
He needs the town abandoned so he can dig for buried treasure.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
I love Riverdale x Mothman. This is even better than Edgar’s rocket.

Also, Archie and those kids were all wearing “Riverdale RROTC” shirts, but doesn’t the first R stand for Riverdale already? Archie dumb, I guess.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

drat Riverdale RROTC, NIC cards, and ATM machines.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Calling it now, Mothman is the father of Toni's baby.

The fakeout is that Sheriff Keller is the Mothman.

but Toni is definitely carrying the baby of Kevin and Fangs. The thing that sealed that for me was how Kevin was weeping openly at karaoke night. I love this stupid show a lot.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

pressedbunny posted:

I've watched every single episode and I know I could not explain it.

It's not possible. I've tried.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

I loving love Doritos-chomping villains and I will not be shamed!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Those teaching montages sucked. Have none of the writers seen The Substitute?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I haven't seen the whole episode yet but this Mr Dryfus guy has a massive metal bionicle in his garden and it rules

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
There's a poignant message about veterans somewhere in this episode, between the alien abductions and child labour exploitation.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Isn't printing your own money illegal? I could have sworn that was illegal, didn't factory owner used to do that to control their employees and force them to only buy things from the company store?

Also: Nana Rose preserved an alien in maple. Yeah that is a thing.

I like Tony, but it's a little hypocritical for her to call Cheryl out for commiting murder when she's also killed a dude.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Isn't printing your own money illegal? I could have sworn that was illegal, didn't factory owner used to do that to control their employees and force them to only buy things from the company store?

I feel like using free student labor from students in your class to establish a small business you will then run is also hella illegal.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
That was the most glorious 45 minutes of television I've seen in a long time. Each episode this season has been more bonkers than the last and it's only a shame it took so long to get here. I'm genuinely more engrossed in this season than any previously. Archie himself is still dull, but between the overnight economy propped up by a child labour circuit, the murder swamp, reliving the Vietnam(?) war, ACTUAL loving ALIENS, the chainsaw killer back on the loose, Hell Truck presumably still mowing down hookers somewhere, and of course the absolutely plot-vital twerk-off, I'm fine with the occasional boring Archie scene for breathing room.

We need to change the thread title, though; the snuff film days seem positively quaint now.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

pressedbunny posted:

That was the most glorious 45 minutes of television I've seen in a long time. Each episode this season has been more bonkers than the last and it's only a shame it took so long to get here. I'm genuinely more engrossed in this season than any previously. Archie himself is still dull, but between the overnight economy propped up by a child labour circuit, the murder swamp, reliving the Vietnam(?) war, ACTUAL loving ALIENS, the chainsaw killer back on the loose, Hell Truck presumably still mowing down hookers somewhere, and of course the absolutely plot-vital twerk-off, I'm fine with the occasional boring Archie scene for breathing room.

We need to change the thread title, though; the snuff film days seem positively quaint now.

I agree with like 90% of this post, but I have no idea how you could find Archie Andrews dull because that man is an agent of chaos. To each his own I guess, but personally I'm hoping this season involves Archie fist fighting an alien.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I agree with like 90% of this post, but I have no idea how you could find Archie Andrews dull because that man is an agent of chaos. To each his own I guess, but personally I'm hoping this season involves Archie fist fighting an alien.

The penultimate episode of the season will be Archie fighting a bear shaped/sized alien. :allears:

It was good to see Cheryl back to form. I am amazed how Madelaine Petsch can effortlessly turn on the waterworks.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I will forever :swoon: for Cheryl, no matter how crazy they write her.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Archie’s a goddamn golden (ginger?) retriever.

Sees a criminal: “I want to fight criminals”
Sees a picture of soldiers: “I want to join the military”
Sees a fire: “I want to be a firefighter”

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Stuff I love:
Veronicabux is so...unethical and Hiram really loves pointing it out.
Archie doing exactly what you'd expect when presented with a burning building.
Fuckin Aliens
Reggie wearing similar clothes to Hiram (this was more of a think last ep)
Pop Tate's bobblehead
Maple syrup somehow blocking alien scanning stuff.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I don't understand Cheryl's forgery subplot, isn't she painting all the paintings :confused:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
She is/was going to forge a Rembrandt. (Apparently pictures of her nobody dead brother are more desirable??)

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

pressedbunny posted:

She is/was going to forge a Rembrandt. (Apparently pictures of her nobody dead brother are more desirable??)

The Jason portrait was an early work by a painter who has recently won a number of awards, making it suddenly valuable on the market. I guess selling forgeries is easier if you don’t also have to fake the provenance. One step at a time.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Riverdale Season Five:

pressedbunny posted:

the snuff film days seem positively quaint now.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Riverdale season 5. I preserved the mothman in maple syrup.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Nana Rose being like oh I think I have it around here still if you'd like me to look for it made me laugh

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

When does Archie bareknuckle box a mothman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Man, has this season has been even hornier than usual.

I'm fine with Archie and Betty just being friends (I actually liked their talk with each other, it was very sweet and they were both surprisingly mature about the situation), but I'm bummed about Archie and Veronica getting back together because they are so dull as a couple.

I strongly suspect the aliens are connected to the murder truck, I'm not sure how but that's the vibe I get.