Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I wonder if the only reason we're shown that Arudak has a totally dead girlfriend is because Mookie saw someone post that since Ink With is an abusive rear end in a top hat, Arudak would be a better love interest for Snout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

https://www.deviantart.com/nightsongws/art/Wizard-s-Study-1-of-3-89702425
Second image result for "wizard lab".

No idea what phrase he used to find the photograph, but as mentioned, that could very well have just been a picture of him and his wife, so I'm not looking too hard.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
*does a gis for wizard lab*
*doesn't bother to trace any of the tricky parts*
*does this for a living*

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Holy poo poo hahahaahahaha

what a loving hack

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

SubG posted:

*does this for a living*

He makes like $12000 a year on Patreon, that's part-time.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

There are also Deegan + Star Power book sales, but I can't imagine that's very lucrative.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
When you use an image for reference you should generally not make it worse

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Oh good, now he's outright tracing other people's art.

Isn't this the sort of thing that's supposed to cause drama and poo poo?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Well we’re the only people left reading so I guess it kinda did?

Besides Mookie being so mediocre that photo Arudak has a radically different body type than current Arudak I like that all the elbows are how he used to draw front facing noses.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Every page this week completely ignores the page that came before it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

This comic has no dialogue.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Maybe this means the comic will end with the next page revealing the legacy. Then all of us posters will be free.

Also lol weekend cliffhanger that will be a wet fart again.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
ARUDAK AND I ARE PREPARED TO TELL YOU EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT A TINY FRACTION OF WHAT WE KNOW.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it has been longer than eighteen months and the plot might be about to start

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Come on, you know it's not.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
And now to go over what happened during the last story arc

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

For a comic that's half pointless landscape travel montages, Mookie sure drops drawing backgrounds real quick if he thinks he can get away with it.

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
I would have loved some visual context for where he is reading all those notes.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Riot Bus posted:

I would have loved some visual context for where he is reading all those notes.

Yeah I mean my first thought is that they're papered on the wall like

and Snout's expression is him realising what he's trapped with now.

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
Yeah, the fact that he's looking up seems to imply the wall, I'm just sort of enchanted by the fact that he spent three panels on the last page having Snout notice and look at a photograph, and then on this page these notes are just hanging in a white void with no hint of their existence in the establishing shot.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hoo boy, this is gonna be a real slow week, isn't it

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
He's gotten so lazy he can't be assed to write it himself? That's pretty pathetic

Also lol no dialogue comic

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

easiest navy seal edit ever and I'm stuck with only my phone

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

"Dominic rewrote the rules of the universe to make sure no-one could ever be as special as him again after he was dead."

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
In the ultimate culmination of his character arc Dominic Deegan gets to play daddy for the entire world and seal away the vision magic he abused his entire life.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Can't wait for a whole week of "Snout standing to the side with a wall of text beside him."

Truly a master of the visual arts.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
We know Mookie used to play Dungeons and Dragons, does anyone know if he ever played Pathfinder or if he wasn't able to find anyone willing to play with him by then.
Since, you know, 'prophecy no longer works' is a thing there.

Also didn't Mookie Prime lose his powers at the end of the comic? So this is not only Mookie Prime making sure no one can ever be as special as him again, but also 'if I can't have powers then neither can anyone else!'

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Wasn't one of the points of Dominic Deegan that the average person thought Seers like Dominic were trash wizards compared to battle mages or whatever?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

We know Mookie used to play Dungeons and Dragons, does anyone know if he ever played Pathfinder or if he wasn't able to find anyone willing to play with him by then.
Since, you know, 'prophecy no longer works' is a thing there.

Also didn't Mookie Prime lose his powers at the end of the comic? So this is not only Mookie Prime making sure no one can ever be as special as him again, but also 'if I can't have powers then neither can anyone else!'
He did the bulk of Deegan before pathfinder came out, so I think that may be a coincidence.

Yes, after beating the final boss, Dominic lost his oracular bullshit.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Wasn't one of the points of Dominic Deegan that the average person thought Seers like Dominic were trash wizards compared to battle mages or whatever?
Yes, but like anything else that inconveniences him about his own canon, Mookie ignores it when it creates problems and/or he forgets.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I give this "Dominic might have almost done a bad guy thing" a week before Mookie figures out a good explanation that redeems all his actions.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Oh no, the magical discipline with nearly twelve legitimate practitioners (and thousands of useless charlatans that make them look like morons) has been lost!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Every update we stray farther from God's light.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Invisible Clergy posted:

He did the bulk of Deegan before pathfinder came out, so I think that may be a coincidence.

Oh, yeah, no, Dom losing his powers was a cargo cult of other things I wont mention for sake of spoilers. But I believe this is the first we are hearing that all seer magic stopped working.
Unless I'm misremembering, the original ending of DD was that Callan no longer had magical supremacy but still had magic, and that Mookie personally lost magic.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Howard Beale posted:

I give this "Dominic might have almost done a bad guy thing" a week before Mookie figures out a good explanation that redeems all his actions.

Time travel spoiler: that literally happens in Wednesday's update

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I gotta hand it to Mookie, every time I think this comic can't get any worse, he defies my expectations.

jfc this is taking lazy to a whole new level

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

But man, isn’t it so cool and such a stretch of his abilities to be writing the comic with no dialogue???????

It is so absolutely a Mookie thing to be doing something he is sure is cool and awesome and proof of his abilities that everyone watching is actually somewhere between annoyed and horrified by.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Time travel spoiler: that literally happens in Wednesday's update

god DAMMIT

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
In pretty much all the original DD we've had in this thread, Dominic is basically the only seer anyway. He is the one to whom information is given. So prophecy not being around anymore means nothing.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

A lot to unpack on this page.

1. Snout's proportions completely changed from the previous page. Mookie drew his torso and legs way too long and it looks clearly off.

2. Previous page: Magic has changed! VISIONS ARE GONE! This page: oh also battle magic is gone but whatev who cares

3. Dominic made magic... "Gentle?" What the gently caress? What a bizarre way to describe it. Also, here's your new "gentle" magic:

Not a tool for battle at all!

4. What Dominic did was a GOOD AND WONDERFUL THING AND THE WORLD IS BETTER! And we're trying to find out what he did exactly. That's it, that's the entire plot.

5. Still no mention of what exactly Snout has to do with any of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That dude who fuckin smashed poo poo back in Mongreltown wasn’t using magic to do that, huh