Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Kemono Jihen is an actiony-horror show from what I've gathered. The main cast works at a detective agency that deals with supernatural phenomena. I've enjoyed what I've seen so far going in blind. I've never seen anything else by the studio (Ajia-Do) but the action scenes have been effective with some nice establishing shots.

Cast:

Kabane: Main character. Smelly.

Inugami: Babysitter.

Shiki: Pizza aficionado. Does not like loaning out clothes.

Akira: Instagram star. Does not like bugs.

Kon: A good girl

Erg fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:woop:

I've been pretty happy with this as an adaption so far. I thought ep 2 did a good job with Shiki's personality, letting him come across as kind of a prickly butthead but not really a mean brat.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lol yes, the two of them are really good comedy and I liked shiki struggling to stay mean

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The manga is incredibly good and I'd say it, Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man are/were currently the top three urban fantasy shows, I'm really looking forward to it.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Any anime even indirectly engaging in Pizza Evangelism is destined for Great Things~

Strong first couple eps, not diminished next to anything else this bizarre season.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Kabane's introduction to pizza is what initially sold me on the manga because Shiki was so dumbfounded he forgot to be mean

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

doesn't list the ep1 fakeout mc as the main character. voted 1 and reported for spoilers

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kon is a good girl, please add her to the op

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

Kon is a good girl, please add her to the op

:hai:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

:hai:

I'm really enjoying the OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3jjWd8T-WY

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Glad there is finally a show that teaches people it's okay to be smelly, a breakthrough

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kon and Kabane learning what words mean :allears:

has anyone seen how many episodes this is actually going to have? last time I checked the mal page for it they just had ? instead of a number (and I'm just getting a 504 now so I can't tell if that ever changed)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kabane is a surprisingly fun character. I love how he can't feel pain comes up in fun ways like how he got covered in the corpse bugs and his reaction was "I can't see" or the leech gag this episode.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Everything Burrito posted:

has anyone seen how many episodes this is actually going to have? last time I checked the mal page for it they just had ? instead of a number (and I'm just getting a 504 now so I can't tell if that ever changed)

Anime Chart and at least one other website claim 12 episodes, but I'm also seeing a couple of other ?'s.

As for the show itself I'm rather enjoying it. So far it feels intimate and small in a way that makes it stands out. It's simultaneously unassuming yet very confident, and I'm already a big fan of all the characters so far. Kabane is way more compelling in practice than he is on paper and the dynamics going on with the rest the cast all feel pretty refreshing and interesting.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
plz enjoy this very cute Akira
https://twitter.com/NETSUS3/status/1356960387233587200?s=20

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The alpaca plushie is so good

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kon is too adorable

Also Gamer Vampire

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I think I'd like to take that vampire and throw him at a wall of pencils. Or better yet, force him to play nothing but "Ride To Hell: Retribution" until he pulls his own head off.

Meanwhile, now we've met the kid in the short pants. Not sure how I feel about him yet.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Doodles posted:

I think I'd like to take that vampire and throw him at a wall of pencils. Or better yet, force him to play nothing but "Ride To Hell: Retribution" until he pulls his own head off.

My immediate smart rear end response when he said "you know how to kill a vampire, right?" was "smash his modem" which amounts to about the same thing.

Kon remains very good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's real funny the only reason Inugami keeps lovely Gamer Vampire around is to have someone maintain his website.

Kon... :smith:

Although I didn't realize a few days passed.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/453005408353648670/811146285615677472/2021-01-24_14-12-51.mp4

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They better adopt Kon

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Okay, I think we can all agree that what happened to spider-boy's mom is hosed up beyond all belief, right?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yeah it makes me wonder why Inugami interfered the first time, not enough proof? To protect Shiki? Like Inari is the villian, but I think she had the right idea to want to take care of this mix of Hojo from FF7 and Tucker from FMA.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yeah it makes me wonder why Inugami interfered the first time, not enough proof? To protect Shiki? Like Inari is the villian, but I think she had the right idea to want to take care of this mix of Hojo from FF7 and Tucker from FMA.

The uncle needs to be alive to resolve Shiki's issues. Once he's finally spilled the beans, Then he can be disposed of

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Good episode, things are ramping up, but I do have to deduct points for no Kon

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pretty good episode

Had a feeling the forest was full of Shiki's siblings didn't think their only words they would know would be a mom's love for her son, that's horrifying. Kinda sucks the rest of the fight got resolved off screen even though I can understand why they did it.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
"Oh, you mean a boyfriend or girlfriend is someone you love? In that case, I know who it is."
"Who? Who?"
"Inugami-san."

:cawg:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love that Kabane's meaning of love is forever skewed by a dude who fell in love with a cat.

The conversation he had with Kon in the park is so endearing, these two trying to process emotions they don't have single understanding of. I'm glad it seems like Kon is gonna pop up more.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Kim and Kabane with no supervision is great because you can just watch them completely go in the wrong direction with interpreting things and no brakes on the ride

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It's funny we have three characters who came from the same place, they were never raised properly. And look where they ended up. One just powers through their issues with a cheerful reliance on their bonds with others. Another is almost helpless in the face of their. And the last one uses the opportunity to reconfigure themselves as whoever the hell they want to be.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Me when they first mentioned Akira was a snow man: "Oh those are usually women, they probably raised him as one. Tee hee I bet his village is a silly place. :downs:"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

At least Akira is still silly, him getting the idea about living in an ice castle cause he watched Frozen is real funny too me.

But yeah I did not like any of the implications in this week's flashback.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lol I missed that this was only 12 episodes, feels like it was barely beginning. Still had a pretty good time.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
It's pretty obvious they want to make another season, and I hope they get the chance. I found the characters interesting and enjoyable, and the overarching story fascinating.

Still want to turn that vampire into a hedgehog of wooden barbecue skewers, though... :shibe:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mihai was the first indication that these aren't humans and they each have wildly divergent values. unfortunately, he did this by being a sadistic rear end in a top hat.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

an actual dog posted:

Lol I missed that this was only 12 episodes, feels like it was barely beginning. Still had a pretty good time.

It's odd, while it feels like the story is just about getting into the call-to-adventure and core mystery of the setting, at the same time, alot of things have already happened. The character motivations of half the cast have just been resolved and arc'd. I mean, Shiki and Akira's family are back, if anything, they have more family members than they thought they had.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Phobophilia posted:

It's odd, while it feels like the story is just about getting into the call-to-adventure and core mystery of the setting, at the same time, alot of things have already happened. The character motivations of half the cast have just been resolved and arc'd. I mean, Shiki and Akira's family are back, if anything, they have more family members than they thought they had.

Yea there's no pacing problems with what we got, I just want more episodes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just got around to watching the last episode and I want more.

Kabane crossed over from surprisingly entertaining to insanely hardcore with this episode too. I love how they're using his powers for these insane stunts. What a great character.

The rest of the cast is pretty good too.