Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Vasudus posted:

have you tried throwing money at the problem

I bought a 30 ex weapon and I have still failed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Vasudus posted:

Price it like any other t1 life/multi (remember to use bottom of the tier) +1 int neck

Unless I'm searching badly, there's not a lot of necks like that on the market.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Make sure you are searching offline accounts too

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Arrhythmia posted:

Unless I'm searching badly, there's not a lot of necks like that on the market.

I would probably place it around 2-3ex.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

For anyone who's doing blade blast, is cast speed important there? With the mechanics it seems like it only matters for how fast you can start the chains going, but I don't know if it affects anything else or if that's more of a big deal than I think.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
It’s a big quality of life stat, but if you are playing with a solid skill level it’s not a huge damage increase

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Wuxi posted:

https://pastebin.com/LcsRH0JY

This is definitely not the go-to version of the build, but its what I'm aiming for. Nothing too outrageous, besides the Bottled Faith, which is great but not necessary to start, and very tanky with multiple layers of defense. Probably a good bosser as far as CoC builds go, since you wont turn into a potato the second you cant melee someone.

Update on this, this build is so good. I effortlessly jumped into t14s as soon I finished Uber lab around 71, and I'm sure I could do 16s since my hp basically never moves. Being able to just spin2win straight into the middle of a valdo harb pack without worrying about anything is really nice.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

cyrn posted:

There have been a lot of streams of people practicing melee leveling for the upcoming gauntlet event. Shattering Steel then swap to Earthshatter mid act 2 seems to be one new option for starting. Darkee/Lightee7 did a gauntlet start in the last couple of days and he talks about the items he needs for the 'next' thing a lot. (So progressing through act 1 he is talking about needing currency to get 2x cold res rings for merveil, currency for vendor recipes for belts/weapons, bases for weapons to use in the vendor recipes, currency for buying skill gems, etc.) I learned way more than watching tyty blast through everything faster than I can follow.

Hey, thanks for the info! I googled and found where Lightee7 was running some stuff. TBH his speed was closer to mine, which made me feel a little better, lol. Granted, I don't think he was trying to speedrun it or anything, and he stopped and did some rituals too.

That said, I did give Shattering Steel and Earthshatter a whirl. At least off the bat, I did not care for the playstyle, at least not for my "main active skill". Best I could tell they're both two-button playstyles? They just felt clunky to me.

However, I did also try to give smoke mine a little test, using mouse click as detonate. Now that...that felt awesome. I know there's a thing people do with dash it, but I feel that just using it as-is will speed me up quite a bit.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I guess I should ask for more general advice. Does anyone have any advice on scaling physical damage converted to fire? Trying to scale up the fire damage has not been going well.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

CubeTheory posted:

I guess I should ask for more general advice. Does anyone have any advice on scaling physical damage converted to fire? Trying to scale up the fire damage has not been going well.

In my experience you get a better return of scaling the phys damage portion more. Boost your phys up and then abuse phys as extra fire.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Ordeith posted:

But don't we want wave of conviction + Blade Blast + conductivity? The guide: "Eventually we want Trigger a Socketed Spell when you use a Skill on one of our weapons to automate Wave of Conviction and Conductivity. With this setup, we also switch Hextouch to a Level 1 Blade Blast for Unnerve. This suffix can only be unveiled from map tier 6+ loot and crafted with the Crafting Bench once unlocked, so you don't have to buy one with it already crafted."

He writes it under the "gear" section, and I have made some notes there because I missed this change for far too long. I'm not sure you achieve that with your setup.

Normally, yes. I found a good ring that fulfills my needs for the build but also curses enemies on hit with conductivity, so I no longer need the gem. I have blade blast and WoC socketed in the auto-trigger wand, so that's covered, and with no need for a conductivity gem I could even throw in an automatically-triggering spell like Orb of Storms or something if I really wanted to.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

CubeTheory posted:

So I've been working on a Flicker Strike Chieftain with Transcendence, and I've got it up and running, it can clear T16 maps just fine, but it's damage is terrible. It's only level 79 now and I'd like advice on how to scale my damage and where I've made big mistakes. Also I only have 3k life, I plan to pick up some more life nodes and getting some more life on my rares, replacing some uniques when I can get some more currency, but the build is so tanky it hasn't been a priority.

Please, PoE wizards, tell me how to advance from here:

https://pastebin.com/aWmweC5T

Edit: a couple of notes about my build

I have immunity to bleeding, ignite, shocked, chilled, and frozen from my watcher's eye and 100% reduced elemental duration, though I believe ground effects can still effect me. I generate fury charges with bleed reflection from The Golden Rule and Blood Trail, and I scale armor with excess fire resistance from Chieftain and the Formless Inferno.

I'm tired and not really great but one thing really jumps out at me, your accuracy is really low; this is especially bad for a crit build

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

StashAugustine posted:

I'm tired and not really great but one thing really jumps out at me, your accuracy is really low; this is especially bad for a crit build

This was a good call, I took a couple accuracy nodes and annointed blunt trauma and my dps went up 40%.

What Accuracy should I be shooting for? My PoB now reads 96%

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

CubeTheory posted:

I mean, 100%?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Arrhythmia posted:

I mean, 100%?

Well, sure, I just haven't made a lot of builds so I didn't know if it's harder to gain accuracy closer to 100%, or if it's just flat and 100% is easy to obtain.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Iirc the "chance to hit" is against an average enemy and isn't that hard to get to 100; some map or monster mods give them more evasion though. Definitely get it to 100 if it's at all feasible. You may not know but when you crit the game rolls accuracy again and if you miss you don't actually crit; so if you're invested in crit you absolutely need that accuracy

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

StashAugustine posted:

Iirc the "chance to hit" is against an average enemy and isn't that hard to get to 100; some map or monster mods give them more evasion though. Definitely get it to 100 if it's at all feasible. You may not know but when you crit the game rolls accuracy again and if you miss you don't actually crit; so if you're invested in crit you absolutely need that accuracy

I feel like this hidden aspect of accuracy should infuriate me, but it just makes me smile, because I am a broken person and Path of Exile is my drug.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vasudus posted:

I made money this league from:

1) Selling harvests to goons
2) Doing Glennach Cairns Alva temples and either selling the drops or selling the altars
3) Doing Valdo maps (on a rotation, not canyon 24x7) and selling the platinum watchstones

That's in addition to running my usual assortment of randomly sextanted T16s. Despite buying a HH specifically for running juiced maps, I didn't really run any.

The thing I love most about this league is that there are so many different ways to make fat stacks of currency. I've been switching between:

1) Nemesis/Beyond maps in Glennarch
2) Legion maps in New Vastir
3) Harb maps in Valdo

Plus of course Harvest crafts - my single biggest profit this league was from lucking out on a "5% chance to awaken a gem" craft and ending up with an Awakened Multistrike.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

lampey posted:

Im interested in something organized ahead of launch. Is there something happening sooner, or just the 3.14 in two months?

Looking at the 3.14 league ahead of time to go sweaty tryhard. Looking at a multiboxing strategy at this point but discussing with a group of friends on going sweaty try hard to see how much currency we can make in the first week.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

CubeTheory posted:

Well, sure, I just haven't made a lot of builds so I didn't know if it's harder to gain accuracy closer to 100%, or if it's just flat and 100% is easy to obtain.

98-99 is ok you lose like 1%~ dmg your below 100%. There's a keystone you can pick up for axe bleed builds that make it so your hits cant be evaded that is used alot, this also means you can never crit though that's the catch. Swords need some hit chance to work but its pretty much like get a bunch from the tree and then you can just get accuracy on 1-2 items. Champions can get hits cant be evaded after you taunt monsters, map mods can turn this off.

I would be only super duper worried if your accuracy is below 90% or 95%, usually not much a problem if you just try to keep an eye on it on a few pieces.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 22, 2021

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Tenzarin posted:

98-99 is ok you lose like 1%~ dmg your below 100%. There's a keystone you can pick up for axe bleed builds that make it so your hits cant be evaded that is used alot, this also means you can never crit though that's the catch. Swords need some hit chance to work but its pretty much like get a bunch from the tree and then you can just get accuracy on 1-2 items. Champions can get hits cant be evaded after you taunt monsters, map mods can turn this off.

I would be only super duper worried if your accuracy is below 90% or 95%, usually not much a problem if you just try to keep an eye on it on a few pieces.

Except that accuracy is even more important for crit builds.

Accuracy has two checks for crit - once to hit, then again to confirm the crit. And if you're pumping your crit multiplier (which you should as crit), that second "miss" which turns your crit into a normal hit is a big drop in damage.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Yea I know but if your stretching your items and your only hitting 98-99 don't let it super stress you out.

Ok so lets look at this. 100% hit chance ok.

I'm just gonna delete accuracy off this amulet and lose 2% hit chance.

Lose around 2.5% dmg. Not the end of the world. I'm assuming pob takes the double hit chance check for crits to calc the dps.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 22, 2021

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Alright I've been loving around with lovely homebrew builds for too long, someone give me a decent simple build so I can wrap this league up. ~20ex budget.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Fister Roboto posted:

Alright I've been loving around with lovely homebrew builds for too long, someone give me a decent simple build so I can wrap this league up. ~20ex budget.

Gold standard cheap effective build to me is vortex occultist.

sin trek, bated breath, rime gaze or heretic veil(put your curses in this if you go this helm), spec into ci and live with 3k-4k es. If you don't like the gameplay your out 10c.

If you like the playstyle shavs + presence of chay + lowlife + decent wand + prism guardian and melt the world.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Feb 22, 2021

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1363664712840269825

He'll yeah

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

CubeTheory posted:

This was a good call, I took a couple accuracy nodes and annointed blunt trauma and my dps went up 40%.

3000 flat accuracy after all bonuses is the ideal, iirc

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Anyone have experience taking a Gladiator Bleed Earthquake to the endgame? I'm curious to hear feedback on starting this build, as between being bad at the game and alt-itis, I keep feeling like I hit a wall early red maps, but am feeling ready to try and see end-game stuff for the first time since Legion

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Getting a red nightmare jewel is nice

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm playing an EQ bleed juggernaut that is near unkillable. The boss damage isn't great, but it's not terrible either. I imagine glad does plenty.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

Papercut posted:

Update on this, this build is so good. I effortlessly jumped into t14s as soon I finished Uber lab around 71, and I'm sure I could do 16s since my hp basically never moves. Being able to just spin2win straight into the middle of a valdo harb pack without worrying about anything is really nice.

Seconding this. I just got done with uber lab and basically just on the start end of maps but it feels very good. Been wanting to do cospri's CoC for ages and most builds just want you to poo poo mirrors at them. Already had a (crappy, wip) explodey chest and a bottled faith around so decided to give it a shot. A few ex basically bought me all the rest I needed. Power curve was nice and smooth right until the switch and then it naturally spiked. Leveled as a self cast vortex/frostbolt which was safe and smooth enough but the lack of cast speed really started to annoy me the last hour or so.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I leveled as arma brand/cremation caster and it wasn't too bad, but I also had like 400 regrets sitting around so I didn't mind completely redoing my tree

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Clockwerk posted:

Anyone have experience taking a Gladiator Bleed Earthquake to the endgame? I'm curious to hear feedback on starting this build, as between being bad at the game and alt-itis, I keep feeling like I hit a wall early red maps, but am feeling ready to try and see end-game stuff for the first time since Legion

Its very good and tanky. EQ is the best slam skill and glad gets a lot of bleed and easy max block.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Tenzarin posted:

Yea I know but if your stretching your items and your only hitting 98-99 don't let it super stress you out.

Ok so lets look at this. 100% hit chance ok.

I'm just gonna delete accuracy off this amulet and lose 2% hit chance.

Lose around 2.5% dmg. Not the end of the world. I'm assuming pob takes the double hit chance check for crits to calc the dps.

From my experience last league with CoC assassin - it was more that finding a single flat source of accuracy (I ended up with 597 on helm :O ) was enough to let me save 5 points pathing to precision and let me pick up something else instead. It doesn't really take a lot of accuracy to hit 3k accuracy which is why I think it's pretty worthwhile to invest in it somewhere because you really just need one good affix. Compare this with something like "well you have 5% chaos res, you should max it" where it would take something like 2-3 affixes and/or a small cluster to hit that.

Also, I found this which I think is still applicable: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/byhpk1/some_testing_of_new_accuracy_values_and/

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so basically, every slam can be a fist? thats a high value mtx right there

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
So guys, what is your experience with dire elementalist? I'm still at act 6 on sc ssf and having a great time, it's probably the best leveling I had so far, but I've been reading complaints that it is a bit squishy and nobody seems to agree which is better, bastion of elements or elemancer.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it is definitely on the squishy side but clear is very nice

you take both bastion and elemancer

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Uhmm interesting. That would mean giving up on Mastermind of discord and Heart of destruction which sounds like a big loss in damage, but I might consider it since I'm a pretty bad player and can use all the defense I can get. Thanks!

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Can I get a quick character audit?
https://pastebin.com/808XVCha

I'm not having any problems with maps, but certain bosses are kicking my rear end.
1. This is my first time getting around to fighting the Shaper, and I've bricked both of my attempts. This was surprising since I can do Elder deathless and Sirus A8.
2. First league fighting Aul too, and died 4 or 5 times before deciding not to waste sulphite for now.
3. My one attempt at the Hidden was just hilariously bad. I think I got one of them in six portals.

These are all new bosses for me, so obviously a certain amount is just learning the fights, but I figured there might be some easy boosts to my build I'm missing out of ignorance. Any help is appreciated.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Pigbottom posted:

Uhmm interesting. That would mean giving up on Mastermind of discord and Heart of destruction which sounds like a big loss in damage, but I might consider it since I'm a pretty bad player and can use all the defense I can get. Thanks!

Staff is popular with goons but the most common archetype on ninja is sceptre + shield with recover life on block. Make sure you consider that if you’re having trouble with defenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Havent played it but I thought thread consensus was Shaper of flames first, all the golem nodes, then Bastion last as you wont have enough notables to make it worth it till then.