Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

bob dobbs is dead posted:

every faction cuts off like a quarter of the game except anarchist (betraying the factions) which cuts off the nonviolent poo poo

thats a problem cuz its real short for a crpg

scarlet chorus is funnier but more horrific tho

are there any other games in the tyranny universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

bob dobbs is dead posted:

every faction cuts off like a quarter of the game except anarchist (betraying the factions) which cuts off the nonviolent poo poo

thats a problem cuz its real short for a crpg

scarlet chorus is funnier but more horrific tho

my next playthrough when I'm not playing on easy story mode I'm gonna go full scarlet chorus for that chaos poo poo

mock me for playing easy but I suck at isometric crpgs. I just want the story

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

SmokaDustbowl posted:

are there any other games in the tyranny universe?

no, and it made lovely enough sales that there prolly wont be

dlc sucks terribly

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

SmokaDustbowl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0A6xrmXFa4

I wonder how they're going to gently caress this up

I wonder how many microtransactions they're going to fit into the game.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I think I'll continue playing diablo 2 on the pentium 3 that I still have.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the ps5 is pretty good but im probably gonna play it about as much as the ps4. its much quieter and the streaming video apps are nicer. subnautica doesn't slow down like it did on my ps4. maneater wasn't very fun, despite the incredible premise

i went to start no man's sky but then didn't. that's my ps5 story thanks for listening

oh astro's playground is pretty chill. little jones will like it, but we probably won't play it today because he's using all his screen time on majora's mask with me

gooby pls
May 18, 2012

my kid loved astros. the haptic stuff on the dual shock is pretty rad and feels like an evolution of the joycons.

but yeah the ps5 will be for exclusives and playing PS4 games that ran like rear end on my launch PS4.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’ll get a ps5 when the new gran turismo comes out. it’s literally the only game I care about on PlayStation

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I've been watching a lot of Fallout LPs recently, but this new one has made me bust out lols several times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3R1-u-8mR4

A new mod for F:NV that randomises all the equipment you can find / buy, all the stuff equipped by enemies and allies, and all the creatures into other creatures.

"Quarry Worker"

:ok:

edit: I really don't want to spoil the lol at the end of the video, so don't mouseover if you're going to watch it

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Feb 21, 2021

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it is cool and good to play a game at the level of difficulty you most enjoy

i hate phantom quarry worker!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

my next playthrough when I'm not playing on easy story mode I'm gonna go full scarlet chorus for that chaos poo poo

tyranny rules and the story stuff is way better than the combat so whatever

betraying both armies and siding with the rebels is fun

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I've been watching a lot of Fallout LPs recently, but this new one has made me bust out lols several times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3R1-u-8mR4

A new mod for F:NV that randomises all the equipment you can find / buy, all the stuff equipped by enemies and allies, and all the creatures into other creatures.

"Quarry Worker"

:ok:

edit: I really don't want to spoil the lol at the end of the video, so don't mouseover if you're going to watch it

i liked the strip checkpoint guards

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I’ll get a ps5 when the new gran turismo comes out. it’s literally the only game I care about on PlayStation

i'm still waiting for them to release a real gran turismo on the ps4

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

gran turismo 5 is the last one i played and it loving sucked

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

jesus WEP posted:

i liked the strip checkpoint guards

lol oh where's the strip guide!?

Speaks to rat with robot voice

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i'm still waiting for them to release a real gran turismo on the ps4

gran turismo sport rules and should be the gold standard going forward for the series sorry about your opinions

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Improbable Lobster posted:

tyranny rules and the story stuff is way better than the combat so whatever

betraying both armies and siding with the rebels is fun

yeah it was a good bit of world-building, it was a lot of fun and i have played through more than once

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

gran turismo sport rules and should be the gold standard going forward for the series sorry about your opinions
i've not played gt sport but often watch a couple of youtubers stream it as background noise and it looks amazing when it works, but the penalty system is way too arbitrary and terrible a judge for me to spend any time of my own time playing it.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

VR + speech-to-text + openAI GPT3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnuSQvoroJo&t=265s

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KyoJVwFMSY

Just this second dropped :o:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

good times with another missile launcher 10 minutes in

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQS4RMDbHvo

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

jesus WEP posted:

good times with another missile launcher 10 minutes in

lol "We can pick up a second Stealth magazine from the Satellite Array"

/does not in fact do this

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/computerfact/status/1363500397856497664

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

big steam hardware survey energy

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1363953764152049677?s=21

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

me, a genius: doing both

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
is it still the case that switch games are mad expensive if you buy them digitally

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Kenny Logins posted:

is it still the case that switch games are mad expensive if you buy them digitally

They have "sales" on them every now and then but lol if you're expected more than $5-$10 off any of the big titles.

https://www.dekudeals.com/ is a good website for keeping track of deals on nintendo games

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

worth it to be able to play skyward sword without the loving motion controls

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I spent the weekend playing "hitman 2" and I'm currently trying v hard to resist just buying hitman 3. I love the poo poo out of these asinine games

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

doom eternal sucks and i uninstalled it. how disappointing

sekiro is extremely good and I'm terrible at. how disappointing

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

doom eternal sucks and i uninstalled it. how disappointing

wtf

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

nintendo games: yes, you're lucky if you get ten bucks off. basically the same situation as physical

everyone else: no, ubisoft and friends are still happy to do half off two months after release or whatever

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

my friends are trying to get me to play Valheim with them, is this any different from hundreds of survival sanbox games that we have been getting for nearly a decade now? I am really exhausted of post minecraft survival builder games but would really like to play something with my friends, any good coop games that are not open world survival or l4d style horde games? I would love to play Payday 2 so I would appreciate something similar

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Truman Peyote posted:

I spent the weekend playing "hitman 2" and I'm currently trying v hard to resist just buying hitman 3. I love the poo poo out of these asinine games

It's spelled A-S-S-A-S-S-I-N

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im enjoying watching my 11 yo slowly discover skyrim world coz I remember after I first played it, I wish I could play it again for the first time.. im watching him do that.. cool

need to get some mods installed tho

i can deal with poor textures till the cows come home but bad shadows and lighting are a tradegy

mark my words when game engines solve lighting properly, the textures wont matter. well. they will of course. but they wont