Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Asema posted:

is congress still on vacation or are they going to pretend to vote this week on relief that millions are waiting for

I think they're back but lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Asema posted:

is congress still on vacation or are they going to pretend to vote this week on relief that millions are waiting for

i think they're gonna vote but in the most feet-dragging, small-child-on-a-monday manner

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

id like to take a minute to appreciate that while bidens people are very upset about this neera tanden thing nobody appears to give the slightest amount of shits about his fema nominee despite fema badly loving up the texas crisis speaking of which

Stringent posted:

Also, let's consider demeanor. Contrast Beto and AOC's extra-curriculars to Cruz's, over the past week. It's not chance it played out that way. There are not even odds any given day that a dem it rep will be caught pants-down shouting "gently caress you got mine." Two years of such contrast serves the Dems, not the gop.

people actually believing this is really going to gently caress the dems down the line they think the ted cruz cancun story is the dominant narrative because thats the only one theyre hearing nationally when on the local level theyve already moved on to getting mad at fema for the response in part because the mistakes that led to the blackout cant be clearly connected to partisan officials

this is even true of new york politics despite a fuckton of national news emanating from new york cuomo is facing a bipartisan impeachment and saturday night live is running skits where he mic drops on ted cruz because that was just a paperwork error not like ted cruz going to cancun which was an act of pure evil its completely ridiculous

whats that said no one you want to see cuomo mic drop on ted cruz why im glad you didnt ask

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuaJ6J9iTb4&t=285s

its timestamped im being nice and not making you watch the entire thing unless you want to suffer which you know you do lol

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

spacemang_spliff posted:

incredible

her TL is going to be insane

she's going to do the same poo poo she always does like after the thinkprogress thing where she vanishes for a while then comes back like nothing happened

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuaJ6J9iTb4&t=285s

its timestamped im being nice and not making you watch the entire thing unless you want to suffer which you know you do lol

"the uploader has not made this video available in your country"

thank you uploader for shielding my brain from this psychic assault

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

also lol that it took me weeks to find this thread bc I refused to mentally process the dems being good.

welcome back :)

mcmagic posted:

It's pretty idiotic to criticize someone for taking the President seriously or listening to him lol. He's the President not some crazy crystal lady on a podcast... A real leftist like you puts their fingers in their ears when the President talks. I also never told anyone to vote for him. But you are MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome back :negative:

you literally lost an argument to canned d&d quotes, you're the last authority on who anyone should listen to

perhaps instead of deifying The Preisdent you should try thinking about why people think the dumb crystal lady is more credible than him

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1363804276666081286?s=20

The takes are going to be piping hot today :munch:

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

spacemang_spliff posted:

I didn't think DC statehood was ever on the table

Nothus posted:

That's not what they told us during the campaign.

Biden said DC should be a state, but it's one of those things that absolutely requires the abolition of the filibuster, and oh shucks would you look at that

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
god can we not post Clymer

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/MaryEM106/status/1363844859392581632?s=20

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

also lol that it took me weeks to find this thread bc I refused to mentally process the dems being good.

i actually clicked on it a couple of times but didnt think it was really the same thing because my favorite content wasnt here then i finally remembered that the reason my favorite content was here was because i was the one posting it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

comedy option: neera is getting knifed because the biden team completely believed their own bullshit about her being a fig leaf to the left, and as a leftist superstar she must be stopped

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Asema posted:

god can we not post Clymer

sadly this is the place for it

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1363656319975247872?s=19

What a touching gesture.

I love my empathetic president. So different from the cheeto bandito!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lol it rules that as soon as one dem says they won't vote for a nominee the entire GOP locksteps to sink it. Just Obama all over again

that being said gently caress neera lmao

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I can't beleive Neera Tanden's normination went downhill as soon as Bernie msogynicially wore mittens

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PhilippAchtel posted:

What a touching gesture.

do it in texas so the purpose of the candles is confusing

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

What a touching gesture.

can't wait for the fireworks displays at the big 1m

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Joe Biden to Personally Lead The 750,000 Dead Poors Celebration Parade

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Yinlock posted:

Joe Biden to Personally Lead The 750,000 Poors Dead Celebration Parade

america's funeral director

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

When is Joe Biden going to pack the court?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roRQ2mNwMMQ

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mcmagic posted:

It's pretty idiotic to criticize someone for taking the President seriously or listening to him lol. He's the President not some crazy crystal lady on a podcast... A real leftist like you puts their fingers in their ears when the President talks. I also never told anyone to vote for him. But you are MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

lol nah Joe Biden is a dumb idiot with clam chowder (or whatever they eat in Delaware) sloshing around in that big irish skull of his. You shouldn't take him seriously (or take him as seriously as you did trump)

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Neera?

More like Far-a!

Far-a-way from getting confirmed as the director of the OMB.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol

https://twitter.com/SyedOusman/status/1363838954127167489

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why are we against neera for mean tweets, it's not like it was her supporters making the tweets

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

i don't think republican senators will be ok with biden no matter whose dick he sucks

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

bernie sanders once again goes out of his way to destroy a woman's career

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

not a loving peep from this person when Manchin killed the $15 minimum wage

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Yinlock posted:

comedy option: neera is getting knifed because the biden team completely believed their own bullshit about her being a fig leaf to the left, and as a leftist superstar she must be stopped

lol I was thinking that was the reason Manchin did it this morning but I was like "no that's too stupid"

so you're probably right

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.
when neera advocated for stealing libya’s oil she was speaking truth to power

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Nothus posted:

That's not what they told us during the campaign.

yeah but they also said "$2000 checks next week" during the campaign too

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol nah Joe Biden is a dumb idiot with clam chowder (or whatever they eat in Delaware) sloshing around in that big irish skull of his. You shouldn't take him seriously (or take him as seriously as you did trump)

worse, creamed chipped beef, aka poo poo on a shingle

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

MysteriousStranger posted:

worse, creamed chipped beef, aka poo poo on a shingle

lol SOS is the state dish up there or what? explains a lot

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Nobody told mcmagic to shut the gently caress up all weekend. Come on.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

We're not allowed to be mean to libs when they wander into the democrats are good actually zone anymore. It creates too many reports for the cspam mods to ask the d&d mods what to do about.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

spacemang_spliff posted:

I didn't think DC statehood was ever on the table

i've seen people who are pretty savvy about the politics guessing game point out how easy it is to do dc/pr statehood, how it solves a lot of things long term, etc etc and that's why it + salt cap will be the only thing to get done

we just gotta wait and see because at this point it seems like there's literally no reason for congress to even exist

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Oh cool. Thats why they get to post about how Trump would be worse constantly instead of talking up the democrats good political game.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

PhilippAchtel posted:

What a touching gesture.

This is the second memorial they have had for covid victims In as many months and have yet to pass any bill giving help to the American people.

Whers my loving money biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Flavius Aetass posted:

lol SOS is the state dish up there or what? explains a lot

that and muskrat of all things