Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Where do you check your time? I was about to check mine as well but couldn't find that info. I have platinum plus all the dlc trophies so far. But I don't have all the ubisoft uplay achievements(and it wasn't till the end I found out I can check uplay and had a ton of banked rewards for various tasks I had done, which would have cut hours off my time off I knew about it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

Dark Souls 3 looks pretty good on PS5, is it getting a remastered version this year? It has the same color scheme as Bloodborne, really. So all kind of brownish yellow. I will say, the settings (in just in undead village) is so amazing. It’s like Bloodborne and demon souls had a baby. Really amazingly dark and creepy.

I still don’t know the right way of playing it but I’m using a shield like in demon souls, and not dodging as much because of the weird dodge lag. Dodging happens when you release the button, not press it, so it really messes me up. I hope I get better because like I’m sayin, what a heck of a setting!

If you are digging the style you are in for a treat because yeah the whole game is pretty much a Demon's/Dark/Bloodborne hybrid.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Where do you check your time? I was about to check mine as well but couldn't find that info. I have platinum plus all the dlc trophies so far. But I don't have all the ubisoft uplay achievements(and it wasn't till the end I found out I can check uplay and had a ton of banked rewards for various tasks I had done, which would have cut hours off my time off I knew about it)

Just look at a manual save

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Your PS5 actually has a built-in Nintendo style game time counter.

From the system UI, go up to the icon of your PSN avatar, click it, go to Profile, then tab over to Games. You'll get a complete list of every game with a trophy list that's been played on your account, including last played, trophy percentages, and play hours. It only counts PS4 and PS5 games unfortunately, and the counters on some of my games seem to be incorrect, but it's a pretty neat little menu to see what you've been up to.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Policenaut posted:

Your PS5 actually has a built-in Nintendo style game time counter.

From the system UI, go up to the icon of your PSN avatar, click it, go to Profile, then tab over to Games. You'll get a complete list of every game with a trophy list that's been played on your account, including last played, trophy percentages, and play hours. It only counts PS4 and PS5 games unfortunately, and the counters on some of my games seem to be incorrect, but it's a pretty neat little menu to see what you've been up to.

Ah I was looking for it in the app

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Sooo... after like 50 hours of playing I got a hard crash with a "game data corrupted, eject disc, delete, and reinstall" error. I started the game back up without doing that and it crashed in the exact same area (which seems insane in an open world game), so I did the reinstall. It seems to have worked... what the gently caress?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

ShaneB posted:

Sooo... after like 50 hours of playing I got a hard crash with a "game data corrupted, eject disc, delete, and reinstall" error. I started the game back up without doing that and it crashed in the exact same area (which seems insane in an open world game), so I did the reinstall. It seems to have worked... what the gently caress?

What game?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

boz posted:

What game?

Fenyx

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

my monhunworld quest handler is extremely gay for me

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

god iceborne is huge

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Finished Fenyx, I gotta say the writing got better, the delivery a little bit as well. I think the story redeemed itself at the end, delivery-wise, which I felt was a real struggle early on. Going to hold off on new game+ until the last DLC drops. Until then, back to Hitman 3, which is the best endless stopgap game I could ever hope for, the never-ending go-to. Planning on picking up Curse of the Dead Gods this week, because that looks real good.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I gotta say, Sackboy can be quite impressive at times. It's easily the best use of haptics after Astrobot and the graphics are really nice. The textures of wool, wood, metal, fabrics and whatever really look great, and are sharp as hell on 4k. It's probably not a full price investment for a lot of people, but its a lovely game.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/bownsgamepics/status/1363703009490927617?s=21

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

How embarrassing

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

god iceborne is huge

Burning through it this past week has given me such an appreciation of it. The game runs SO loving GOOD on PS5. The load times are negligent, everything is buttery smooth, the gameplay owns.

https://twitter.com/jacsnoodleboy/status/1363874213212397568?s=21

Gonna be MonHunting all loving day every day until Rise. The fact that it’s part of the PS+ Collection blows my mind. Everyone should be playing this then grabbing Iceborne when they get to the end of the base game.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Fix posted:

Finished Fenyx, I gotta say the writing got better, the delivery a little bit as well. I think the story redeemed itself at the end, delivery-wise, which I felt was a real struggle early on. Going to hold off on new game+ until the last DLC drops. Until then, back to Hitman 3, which is the best endless stopgap game I could ever hope for, the never-ending go-to. Planning on picking up Curse of the Dead Gods this week, because that looks real good.

The DLC for that game is kind of interesting. The 2nd one takes place in a completely different Pantheon with a different protagonist and the 3rd DLC is an isometric hack n' slash with another different protagonist.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Sekiro is real good and I am real bad at it. Mikiri counters are so hard to do properly and getting stabbed in the face is effortless :negative:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Sekiro is real good and I am real bad at it. Mikiri counters are so hard to do properly and getting stabbed in the face is effortless :negative:

Once the timing clicked they became the easiest “gimme” during a boss fight. Keep practicing, gonna feel good when you’re working on different endings and ruining bosses first try.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

On the plus side, they feel amazing once you do them to a boss. Practice a lot on that one zombie man in the start area.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

When I searched for "rear end in a cage" I was looking for something a little more... ah you know what, I can work with this actually.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Lobok posted:

When I searched for "rear end in a cage" I was looking for something a little more... ah you know what, I can work with this actually.

despite all my rage

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ShaneB posted:

despite all my rage

:5:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Jimbot posted:

The DLC for that game is kind of interesting. The 2nd one takes place in a completely different Pantheon with a different protagonist and the 3rd DLC is an isometric hack n' slash with another different protagonist.

I'm here for it. I don't need more of the same. I think the game delivered really well and I'm really interested to see some real variations on it.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

1) My PS5 came! Huzzah! For those still trying, I and many other goons had best luck with WalMart.

2) I'm not even sure why, but 4K looks much more striking and less "soft" than on the PS4. Everything is very pretty.

3) I'm happy its backwards compatible, to say the least. I do wish that developers stepped in with more patches or Sony could find a way to unlock framerates. I'm midway through Rise of Tomb Raider on the PS4 and I'm now paralyzed between choosing silkly smooth 60FPS (Was 40ish on the PS4, so not worth it) or gorgeous 4K that looks much better but runs worse. this is pretty nitpicky, but drat do I wish I could have both.

4) My biggest issue is that Astrobot is so fun and joyful that it made me boot up my Switch and buy Mario 3d World. So uh, sorry Sony!

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
I forgot just how good God of War 2018 is.

Thank you PS5!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

yeah, just remember the timing is less difficult than supressing the urge to press a direction with the O button. gotta be full neutral when you press O, full zen

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Jimbot posted:

I honestly can't wait to finish this game and not touch it, or any other Ubi open world game, again. It's really overstayed its welcome for me, yet I find myself really wanting to finish it due to sunk cost. It's also just kind of brainless enjoyment in a lot of ways, and my wife likes watching me play it, so it's not all bad.

Question for those that have finished it:
I'm on the cold upper left island area, and currently traversing through the WAY TOO LONG path that you have to stay near fire sources to stay warm. I have been trying to hit up the side areas for the fresco/constellation challenges as much as I can find them. If I don't find them the first time on this path, will I have to re-traverse the warm path again, or does the island eventually become freely navigable at some point?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

yeah, just remember the timing is less difficult than supressing the urge to press a direction with the O button. gotta be full neutral when you press O, full zen

You can also dodge forward into it, which I found easy once the “why am I dodging into this spear” phase wore off.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Rolo posted:

You can also dodge forward into it, which I found easy once the “why am I dodging into this spear” phase wore off.

This is how I broke my tendency to dodge the wrong way trying to mikiri-- for some reason my brain was able to handle dodging forward way easier than remembering to return to neutral first.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Any idea why the USB ports are so front and center this time around? Usually consoles tend to try to hide obvious ports, and here they're loud and proud

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Rolo posted:

RichterIX posted:

This is how I broke my tendency to dodge the wrong way trying to mikiri-- for some reason my brain was able to handle dodging forward way easier than remembering to return to neutral first.

Yeah I had an easier time remembering/executing it as forward dodge too. IIRC forward and neutral dodge are literally the same move anyway.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Maybe because of the upright format? Makes it a bit more risky to turn them around, they might fall over and such. It's a little thing, but maybe they decided that it would be better to minimize the number of support requests coming from that situation.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
With many Souls/Bloodborne bosses, dodging towards them on certain attacks usually gives you an opening.

Sekiro can be tricky with enemies that can do a slashing vs thrusting special move and you only have about a second to decide if you go for Mikiri Counter for the thrust or Jumping to avoid a sweep. Final boss can be hard to read early since there is usually a bunch of tall grass and flowers making it tough to see which move it is.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Any idea why the USB ports are so front and center this time around? Usually consoles tend to try to hide obvious ports, and here they're loud and proud

the same as the ps4 slim at least, that had two on the front, 5 has two on the front and theres 2 behind and its better on the 5 cos i can plug the vr in the back this time and everything looks nice.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

AstroBot is so loving good I'm thinking of shelling out for PSVR, even though I know they'll likely push out an upgraded version soon enough

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

ShaneB posted:

I honestly can't wait to finish this game and not touch it, or any other Ubi open world game, again. It's really overstayed its welcome for me, yet I find myself really wanting to finish it due to sunk cost. It's also just kind of brainless enjoyment in a lot of ways, and my wife likes watching me play it, so it's not all bad.

Question for those that have finished it:
I'm on the cold upper left island area, and currently traversing through the WAY TOO LONG path that you have to stay near fire sources to stay warm. I have been trying to hit up the side areas for the fresco/constellation challenges as much as I can find them. If I don't find them the first time on this path, will I have to re-traverse the warm path again, or does the island eventually become freely navigable at some point?

The cold areas always stay cold (and the fires you light always stay lit), but there's only like one or two myth challenges on that mountain that aren't part of the main path. If I remember right, I was able to get to them all via gliding from the very top of the mountain without too much trouble. And if you're not planning on plat'ing the game, you don't need to get them at all. They are entirely optional, but if you get all the ones marked on the stone map you get a new pair of wings, and if you get all of them all of them I think you get a new Phosphor skin? I think? I really can't remember now, but it's nothing too crazy.

Narcissus1916 posted:

AstroBot is so loving good I'm thinking of shelling out for PSVR, even though I know they'll likely push out an upgraded version soon enough

As someone who had a PSVR for two something years, I would see if you could borrow it from a friend or something before buying it. At first it was a lot of fun, and I played the poo poo out of Rush of Blood, but I got bored with it about a month or two after getting it. There's just not too many good games out for it, RE7 not withstanding. It's certainly fun, but not 300$ fun.

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 22, 2021

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Rescue mission and beat saber are 100% worth the price of admission, and battlezone is really underrated. They're good enough that I'm still tempted to re-buy a vr even though I'm trying to wait for the proper ps5 vr setup

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rolo posted:

the O button is dodge forward. mikiri is dodge forward. so, dodging forward to subsequently mikiri is redundant, and if you gently caress up the angle on the analog stick you bungle the mikiri, so it's much more reliable to mikiri from neutral

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I never realized that because so many souls games use default dodge to jump back.

Off a cliff.

While I’m trying to put the binoculars away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rolo posted:

I never realized that because so many souls games use default dodge to jump back.

Off a cliff.

While I’m trying to put the binoculars away.

lmao