Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's so funny that there are at least 3 Jesus Christ metaphors at minimum in these two films, yet no one can agree on what any of them mean.

And (at least) one of them is also a King Arthur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And (at least) one of them is also a King Arthur.

That's also a Jesus metaphor, so that one's double Jesus!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Superman, Batman, and the Joker are the Three-In-One.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Does anyone have that gif of how much the snyder cut is gonna be changed from the whedon cut. It was a like bar graph thing

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

An interesting early idea from the Vanity Fair article:

quote:

Warner Bros. did nix some of his more sweeping notions for Justice League, like adding a romance between Ben Affleck’s Bruce Wayne and Amy Adams’s Lois Lane, who was mourning Superman’s death in the previous film. “The intention was that Bruce fell in love with Lois and then realized that the only way to save the world was to bring Superman back to life,” says Snyder. “So he had this insane conflict, because Lois, of course, was still in love with Superman. We had this beautiful speech where [Bruce] said to Alfred: ‘I never had a life outside the cave. I never imagined a world for me beyond this. But this woman makes me think that if I can get this group of gods together, then my job is done. I can quit. I can stop.’ And of course that doesn’t work out for him.”

"She was my world, and you took her from me"

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Does anyone have that gif of how much the snyder cut is gonna be changed from the whedon cut. It was a like bar graph thing
Here you go

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Robot Style posted:

An interesting early idea from the Vanity Fair article:

"She was my world, and you took her from me"

The plan was for Batman to cuckold himself lmao

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Honestly, poo poo like this needs to show the work:

Based on which metric? What were they responding to? Did you call up Snydercut HQ and ask them to take a poll asking their employees if they'd identify as toxic? There are hundreds of thousands of fans of these films and if your sample size like a collage of 20 tweets of assholes being horrible then, friend, you gotta take a class on statistics - that size doesn't conclude anything other than those 20 people are fools who need a life. Not that it excuses being a shithead in the responses but Twitter isn't exactly a healthy avenue and you'd be surprised at how often detractors of these films like to post inflammatory poo poo hoping to get a rise out of a fanbase that has a certain kind of reputation. How many times do you see people post things that deliberately piss off incels or the alt-right and other losers like that? The Snyder fanbase are all compared to those groups, so the perception of them turns into that.

There are so many [Posts really hot, inflammatory take on Snyder's films and fanbase]

~*~A Few Moments Later~*~

"Why are you all ganging up on me, calling me names? Toxic fanbase!"

The thing this article drives home is that film bloggers are reporting on how toxic the Snyder fans are relative to other fanbases while also admitting that yeah, they’re toxic to you because you are their antagonists. Your whole schtick is setting the narrative - which can be used for good or bad - and the narrative you set before these people even said anything to you is that they all suck. In this very article they admit that film blogs were like, Snyder’s been fired from Justice League, and then that wasn’t true, and that Snyder personally chose Whedon to take over, and then that wasn’t true, and now all the Snyder fans hate us and we don’t know why?

Like, they’re selling this idea that Snyder fans online are uniquely toxic and terrible to everyone and it’s like, no, I think they’re just reacting to the blue checks who intentionally provoke them and start the fights in the first place.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

When's the last time you guys invaded BSS btw, that's always fun

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Are there scheduled invasions!?? Nobody told me :smith:

Isn't it more likely that people who like comic movies also like comics tho? (BSS was the first place I posted but it's been awhile since I read actual comics regularly)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Someone fire up the Snyder chat gif

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Guy A. Person posted:

Are there scheduled invasions!?? Nobody told me :smith:

Isn't it more likely that people who like comic movies also like comics tho? (BSS was the first place I posted but it's been awhile since I read actual comics regularly)

I seem to recall the last one leading off with that picture comparing the Snyder Fan to Lex Luthor forcing his hard candy into a guy's mouth which really got things going lol

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RBA Starblade posted:

Really not worth it.

Though it is weird that other niches basically think it's the exact same thing reskinned and with a bleach bypass filter or something.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Please let's not do any forum drama poo poo, even jokingly. The goon vs goon drama on this site is the absolute worst poo poo there is. Let The People Post.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I haven't ventured to lurk the BSS movie thread just yet, but I can only assume some regulars are angry at Jesus Joker because lol.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Please let's not do any forum drama poo poo, even jokingly. The goon vs goon drama on this site is the absolute worst poo poo there is. Let The People Post.

quote:

Like, they’re selling this idea that Snyder fans online are uniquely toxic and terrible to everyone and it’s like, no, I think they’re just reacting to the blue checks who intentionally provoke them and start the fights in the first place.

I was responding to this if that wasn't clear

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Also this is by far the funniest part of that article:

quote:

It is especially strong from Snyder cut acolytes, she adds, perhaps because they respond misguidedly to the director’s tales of loner heroes in a hostile world. “I don’t get this from the Birds of Prey fans or the Shazam fans,” says Donaldson. “I got a little bit from Joker fans but nowhere near the same level.”

Ah yes, after watching Snyder's Murderman psycho snap the neck of a helpless opponent who did nothing wrong, I was inspired to go out and harass the blue checks on Twitter. Come ooooooon

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Are we the baddies?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I was also fwiw just joking about feeling left out of inter-forum invasions

But I also still think the idea that there are any "invasions" actually going on is pretty suspect, rather than just people who read multiple forums just...posting in a thread. If I still read comics I would likely be following BSS more closely and might occasionally post there, despite being a known CD employee

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Wait, you guys get paid?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
a studio executive, who requested anonymity. “The robber on the rooftop—so goofy and awful. The Russian family—so useless and pointless. Everyone knew it. It was so awkward because nobody wanted to admit what a piece of poo poo it was.”

Lol

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

McCloud posted:

Wait, you guys get paid?

Yes. George Soros is a huge Snyderfan.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

McCloud posted:

Wait, you guys get paid?

ahhhhhhh poo poo :whitewater:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Guy A. Person posted:

I was also fwiw just joking about feeling left out of inter-forum invasions

But I also still think the idea that there are any "invasions" actually going on is pretty suspect, rather than just people who read multiple forums just...posting in a thread. If I still read comics I would likely be following BSS more closely and might occasionally post there, despite being a known CD employee

I know you're joking; "invasion" isn't the right word really, but some of you are definitely provoking on purpose

McCloud posted:

Wait, you guys get paid?

Only in exposure :(

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

It's just bad manners, same as the BSS dummies who came in here the day the Snydercut was announced and tried all that "polishing a turd" nonsense to bring us down.

Which didn't work. lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Possible army of the dead spoiler
The zombie virus emerges from Area 51, so aliens may be involved too.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

quote:

“When we got to see what Joss actually did, it was stupefying,” says a studio executive, who requested anonymity. “The robber on the rooftop—so goofy and awful. The Russian family—so useless and pointless. Everyone knew it. It was so awkward because nobody wanted to admit what a piece of poo poo it was.”
lol

Also, it seems that it was his wife and Chris Nolan that told Snyder not to see JL. I remember him saying that some people that were very close to him and who he trusted very much saw a screening of it and told him to never see it.

edit:

quote:

At a time of stories of abusive creators, Snyder is an anomaly. Even executives who were sometimes at odds with him agree that he’s genuinely nice. “I’d be stronger than that,” says Silverman. “He’s a wonderful guy and fostered a wonderful working environment on his sets. He really valued the crew. He valued his cast.”

quote:

Initially, says Snyder, Warner Bros. just wanted to release the raw footage on his laptop. “I was like, ‘That’s a no, that’s a hard no,’” he says. “And they’re like, ‘But why? You can just put up the rough cut.’” Snyder didn’t trust their motivations. “I go, ‘Here’s why. Three reasons: One, you get the internet off your back, which is probably your main reason for wanting to do this. Two, you get to feel vindicated for making things right, I guess, on some level. And then three, you get a lovely version of the movie that you can point at and go, ‘See? It’s not that good anyway. So maybe I was right.’ I was like, No chance. I would rather just have the Snyder cut be a mythical unicorn for all time.”

quote:

He has reshot the ending with a hero cameo that will blow hard-core fans’ minds.
Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan?

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 22, 2021

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I know you're joking; "invasion" isn't the right word really, but some of you are definitely provoking on purpose

Rando Snyder haters routinely Kramer into this thread to deliver some ice cold take about how lovely or objectivist these movies are, what’s your point

You can’t even post a trailer or bit of news about a Snyder production in other movie threads without getting 50 angry posts about what a piece of poo poo he is. This thread’s regulars are pretty upbeat and positive, and have interesting things to say about the movies

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I was responding to this if that wasn't clear

I have never posted in and do not read BSS, but even then I don’t think posting about an upcoming comic book movie in a thread about comic book movies constitutes harassment or toxicity.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The biggest takeaway from me from that article was the stuff about Autumn, and how difficult it was for the family. Just heartbreaking

RBA Starblade posted:

If they're getting "provoked" by someone saying positive things about Snyder that's on them.

RBA Starblade posted:

Only in exposure :(

Please stop exposing yourself :(

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

I think there's a difference between poo poo posting silly memes and slandering goons with differing opinions as cultists though. Lol.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

McCloud posted:

The biggest takeaway from me from that article was the stuff about Autumn, and how difficult it was for the family. Just heartbreaking

The stuff he says she was writing about seems like it would have really resonated with a lot of people if she had had the chance to continue doing it:

quote:

Snyder says Autumn used writing to vent her pain, to channel it into words that might contain it, or explain it. She adored sci-fi. “Her main characters are always in this battle with things from another dimension that no one can see,” says Snyder. “But it’s a serious war. And that war was happening to her every day. I think so many people are in that battle, and they smile and nod at you.”

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The stuff about Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah really hammered home why he used it in the trailer. I figured he used it because the song had special meaning to him and it kind of makes all those "he doesn't understand the song" people look like assholes. Especially since that trailer seemed to be for the fans of the Snydercut movement as much as it was for himself.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Robot Style posted:

The stuff he says she was writing about seems like it would have really resonated with a lot of people if she had had the chance to continue doing it:

I'm curious if she had anything near enough to complete for him to adapt. It could be neat, that might be too personal though.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

I have to take your word for it :shrug: but this feels like something that should be maybe addressed in that thread or with those specific posters

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Possible army of the dead spoiler
The zombie virus emerges from Area 51, so aliens may be involved too.

Yesss. Totally onboard with this.

As someone who is a fan of Snyder in general as well as Dawn of the Dead specifically I wasn't all that pumped on the idea of him doing a Netflix movie since I don't think there's ever really been an original Netflix movie that really rocked me, but the more about Army I read, the more I'm getting into it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Yesss. Totally onboard with this.

As someone who is a fan of Snyder in general as well as Dawn of the Dead specifically I wasn't all that pumped on the idea of him doing a Netflix movie since I don't think there's ever really been an original Netflix movie that really rocked me, but the more about Army I read, the more I'm getting into it.

Yeah I'm excited to see him get back into horror style films.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
lol @ comparing posting on the internet to something as cool as rioting at a protest.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Superman, Batman, and the Joker are the Three-In-One.

I'm going to become the Redeemer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.