Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

exquisite tea posted:

I knew Faust was a hosed up dude, but purposely hitting someone in the shins with a wheelchair? That's just messed.

The first time I fought him he killed me with a wheelchair and I was like gently caress this guy forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/ryo_redcyclone/status/1363765246578491397

if you crouch repeatedly/teabag as dan he goes into an actual taunt animation, lol

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Welp Dan is officially OP

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Endorph posted:

if you crouch repeatedly/teabag as dan he goes into an actual taunt animation, lol

SFV redeemed

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Endorph posted:

Teabagging's how you taunt in Them's Fightin Herds too

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Roth posted:

Teabagging's how you taunt in Them's Fightin Herds too

Yep, and everyone gets one, not just Dan.

Still, good to see Capcom keeping up with the times. They got the spirit.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

Pot's OG big man design was cool, but I just can't want to get rid of his kickass Zepp military uniform that his bro Gabriel got made specially for him.

They should've put him in his badass coat instead:

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Since I only play as Ryu and never spent any time learning anyone else, I'm very thankful for these buffs. Maybe someday I can even get to the upper layer of silver!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

They should've put him in his badass coat instead:

Helmetless Potemkin is just so cool I don't understand the helmet at all.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Novasonicrun/status/1363626704128901125?s=19

Alright enough about rollback, blitz netcode is clearly the way of the future

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's amazing what you can come up with when you just say poo poo and don't worry about actually implementing it

night slime
May 14, 2014

Endorph posted:

They should make this a fighting game standard to get rid of the vulgar crotch dip thing, genuinely annoying trend

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Endorph posted:

Thank you Capcom

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

night slime posted:

They should make this a fighting game standard to get rid of the vulgar crotch dip thing, genuinely annoying trend

:thunk:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

night slime posted:

*mashing out some down down special moves and the game goes into “teabag mode”*

*loses Evo*

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Worth it, imho.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Just like my secret technique of binding a button to taunt in Strive so I could hear what they were, then forgetting to remove it before playing actual matches and hitting it by accident.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

Perfection.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wonder if that teabag taunt can be easily canceled or not, because if not and it's an actual attempt at stopping people from teabagging in serious matches then loving lmao @ Capcom for chasing that ESPN audience.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Gutcruncher posted:

*mashing out some down down special moves and the game goes into “teabag mode”*

*loses Evo*

Evo finalists, known for haphazardly mashing down 10 times in a row

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

night slime posted:

Evo finalists, known for haphazardly mashing down 10 times in a row

Not exactly EVO but close enough.

https://youtu.be/PElmAFZFoqQ

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Taunting is powerful and fun for both players

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jack Trades posted:

I wonder if that teabag taunt can be easily canceled or not, because if not and it's an actual attempt at stopping people from teabagging in serious matches then loving lmao @ Capcom for chasing that ESPN audience.

You can cancel out of it, no need to post like a weirdo in response to a funny easter egg

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

That's where your mind goes when seeing that?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
There’s no better feeling than getting taunted by a player and then beating them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i liked in xrd that if you taunt in that small window after the round ends your opponent starts with 50% tension on the next round lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Giovanna's taunt in Strive is about how she doesn't get paid enough and should probably join a union.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So what are all these Gears so Guilty of anyway?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's important not to take this thread or fighting games too seriously or else you'll start earnestly reading netcode whitepapers, talking about esports on ESPN, and touting "Them's Fightin' Herds" as the greatest fighting game of it's generation.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

AndyElusive posted:

Existing, mostly

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

R. Mika has one too:

https://twitter.com/ryo_redcyclone/status/1363843380069822467

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

In Training posted:

i liked in xrd that if you taunt in that small window after the round ends your opponent starts with 50% tension on the next round lol

This has been a thing in GG since at least #Reload, I wanna say it was specifically added in that game and wasn't in XX but I could be wrong

If I won with meter left over I would always do May's pink whale super, it hits OTG and covers almost the whole screen

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

can anyone in this thread tell my dumb rear end how to turn off nagos blood meter in training mode i literally cannot figure it out, tia

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
SFVI was supposed to release this year, but between COVID and Ono instead Strive gets basically a year in the spotlight uncontested as the sole next gen AAA fighting game

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Ono seems like a nice guy, but the guy just cannot seem to handle directing projects efficiently. SF5 launched in a bad state even though it was it was given a hefty budget and was in development for years and he seemingly did the same same thing for SF6. Booting him was probably one of the smarter decisions made by capcom.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AndyElusive posted:

Sol is the guilty gear cause his wifes death was oops his fault and now others gotta get punched so he can feel better

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Hes so guilty the universe itself keeps sensing clones of his wife to torment him and gently caress poo poo up.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well I mean it was ultimately That Man's fault. At least Sol has a family now, though. He needs to do a better job raising Ram though, since she thinks Leo is cool.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

SFVI was supposed to release this year, but between COVID and Ono instead Strive gets basically a year in the spotlight uncontested as the sole next gen AAA fighting game

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

darealkooky posted:

im shocked that a game designed by a pot main has made pot good. who says you have to block it though, you can still mash jabs or just back off right?

who is the pot main?