Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Invalid Validation posted:

Can’t have a woman be taller than a man.

Elizabeth Debicki needs more work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Barry Convex posted:

so the twins seem to be a central part of whatever Agatha's plan is, right? on top of their mysterious disappearance at the end of last episode, I looked back at episode 5 and she's around both times they age themselves up, first when she's trying to put them to sleep as babies, second after she brings over the doghouse for Sparky. They're also about to age themselves up a third time after she kills Sparky, though Wanda talks them out of doing it.

SWORD wants to weaponize a god-like android. Agatha wants to weaponize actual gods.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Josh hutcherson from the mockingjay films. Short and square jawed

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Azhais posted:

No wrestlers, get Peter Dinklage on the phone

I am unironically down for this

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

McSpanky posted:

Elizabeth Debicki needs more work.

Isn't she sitting down in all of her Guardians 2 scenes?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Argue posted:

(bad guy discussion) It would be kinda dumb if they reveal Agatha to be the bad guy only to reveal someone previously not mentioned to be the bad guy just one or two episodes later... but if she's an old school witch I might be able to accept that some version of the devil is the real bad guy of the series. Since it's tying in to Doctor Strange 2, I'd expect it to be Dormammu rather than Mephisto, or maybe even for Dormammu and Mephisto to be one and the same in the MCU, because I don't think we need two Satans competing for relevance.

The best way I've heard it laid out is Agatha is the main "bad" of the series/show, but is working in service of/for whoever the bigger bad is that would be in Dr. Strange 2. The "bigger" bad won't really have much to do with the episodes itself, but will become a factor as a result of the shows events.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sloth Life posted:

Josh hutcherson from the mockingjay films. Short and square jawed

FUTURE MAN's goofy everyman Josh Hutcherson you mean?

Doom2020!
Dec 31, 2020

If you think this has a happy ending then you really haven't been paying attention

Ouhei posted:

The best way I've heard it laid out is Agatha is the main "bad" of the series/show, but is working in service of/for whoever the bigger bad is that would be in Dr. Strange 2. The "bigger" bad won't really have much to do with the episodes itself, but will become a factor as a result of the shows events.

That could work. From pages ago but both comic Nightmare and Mephisto can do illusions/shape shift and often do to mess with people's heads. Dormammu can but it's more of his sister's thing. I really know way too much about Doctor Strange bad guys. From my dad's day but the whole vampire Montesi Formula comic arc from Doctor Strange was also fun as hell and introduced a young me to 70's Blade. The retro episodes of WandaVision make me want a 70s era series with Blade, Kirby era Black Panther and/or Power Man and Iron Fist: Heroes for Hire.

I just rewatched the episode and I take back every bad thing I said about Agatha's end song. That was awesome and I don't know why I didn't love it right off the bat.

Sanguinia posted:

Falcon is cool :colbert:
Yup. Hoping they take some of the themes from Sam WIlson Captain America comic but maybe change the execution. Lots of potential for the series to address certain contemporary concerns on top of the buddy action flick/spy thriller hijinks.

As far as Falcon being interesting. From the just the movie-verse you have a para rescue vet who spent his time helping injured vets and just and acclimate back into society until bloody Captain America needed help and Falcon re-enlisted without a second thought. Discovers a massive nazi infiltration of the government security agency and defeats it, becomes an Avenger and then fights in a super hero civil war, imprisoned and then escapes incarceration by the government he served. Lives as a fugitive and still goes to fight a genocidal alien warlord and dies. Comes back to life and the world has moved on for 5 years. His friend and mentor Cap is now an old man and passes the Red White and Blue torch to himself and he will have road trip with a 100 year old soldier and former brainwashed assassin. A very damaged veteran who needs help from someone like Sam Wilson. I'd say this is a good foundation for a character.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gangringo posted:

I am unironically down for this

I'm always sad this never happened

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Doom2020! posted:

As far as Falcon being interesting. From the just the movie-verse you have a para rescue vet who spent his time helping injured vets and just and acclimate back into society until bloody Captain America needed help and Falcon re-enlisted without a second thought. Discovers a massive nazi infiltration of the government security agency and defeats it, becomes an Avenger and then fights in a super hero civil war, imprisoned and then escapes incarceration by the government he served. Lives as a fugitive and still goes to fight a genocidal alien warlord and dies. Comes back to life and the world has moved on for 5 years. His friend and mentor Cap is now an old man and passes the Red White and Blue torch to himself and he will have road trip with a 100 year old soldier and former brainwashed assassin. A very damaged veteran who needs help from someone like Sam Wilson. I'd say this is a good foundation for a character.

I feel like it's gonna be a thing in the MCU where a lot of actual character arcs happen long after the interesting stuff did.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I spent weeks wondering where was the soundtrack and why it hasn't been released like they did with the Mandalorian. I'm a dumbass, they have been doing it since week one. The playlist has 57 tracks so far.

I just love that end credits track :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEkIqUHEzNk

More here

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Azhais posted:

Everyone knows he plays Man-Spider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1DECZBdkII

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Marsupial Ape posted:

Since I was the perpetrator of the ‘previous conversation, I will chime in and say Milana Vayntrub is an immense comedic talent. If you can track it down, I recommend watching the short lived, low budget sci-fi comedy webseries she was in, “Other Space”. She was a delight.
She was a regular on @midnight and she was hilarious. She runs her own refugee humanitarian charity too.

Invalid Validation posted:

Can’t have a woman be taller than a man.
Adrianne Palicki did just fine in AoS. Her tenure was so short-lived that they could probably recast her as someone else at this point, because I doubt we'll be seeing Bobbi Morse in any other MCU capacity.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Azhais posted:

"Can I offer you a nice asskicking in this trying time, bub?"

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Doom2020! posted:

Yup. Hoping they take some of the themes from Sam WIlson Captain America comic but maybe change the execution. Lots of potential for the series to address certain contemporary concerns on top of the buddy action flick/spy thriller hijinks.

Cap handing Sam the Shield, Sam saying it feels like it belongs to someone else, and Cap saying it doesn't was like, the perfect tone-setter for exactly this. That one exchange is why I've been waiting for the show.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, I am hoping Falcon and the Winter Soldier is a buddy cop type genre like Rush Hour or Lethal Weapon (hoping Bucky says he is getting too old for this poo poo).

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
I think Agatha wanted Vision to question things so he would leave the hex and die/be unable to help.

But since Billy helped save Vision, that works against my theory that the kids were manifested by Agatha because why would Agatha's puppets help save vision? So, maybe they're real, but then how are they aging up? Maybe their synthezoid halves can age them?

We need a unified theory of everything, like what steven hawking was working on

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

I think Agatha wanted Vision to question things so he would leave the hex and die/be unable to help.

But since Billy helped save Vision, that works against my theory that the kids were manifested by Agatha because why would Agatha's puppets help save vision? So, maybe they're real, but then how are they aging up? Maybe their synthezoid halves can age them?

We need a unified theory of everything, like what steven hawking was working on

Considering we didn't get a reveal of Agatha creating the kids/pregnancy during her intro, I think it's safe bet that they are not her creation and their disappearance would suggest they were getting in her way.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i don’t think agatha is the big bad because her reveal, while amazing, seemed deliberately over the top. and if sword isn’t watching the broadcast, who is , and is agatha putting on a performance for them?

i mean, i’m not saying that she’s a good guy putting on a act, because it’s clear she’s had a hand in stirring things up in wanda’s reality. but a friend of mine pointed out that she’s always been the type of character with her own agenda instead of being unambiguously good.

i could be wrong because i was hoping haywood wouldn’t be become Antagonistic Military Guy because of how much of a trope that was, but unless they do a dramatic reveal in the last two episodes, that’s what he is.

Doom2020!
Dec 31, 2020

If you think this has a happy ending then you really haven't been paying attention

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I feel like it's gonna be a thing in the MCU where a lot of actual character arcs happen long after the interesting stuff did.

Well the arc so far for just this one show has been smaller but very human: Loss and learning you have to let go. Whether this will really be the whole arc or not remains to be seen but I think it will be. I wouldn't mind if they used the tv shows for more character and story focused arcs and leave the big badda booms to big screen.

As far as Falcon goes I am wondering how they will handle the obvious racial aspects.

Sanguinia posted:

Cap handing Sam the Shield, Sam saying it feels like it belongs to someone else, and Cap saying it doesn't was like, the perfect tone-setter for exactly this. That one exchange is why I've been waiting for the show.

Oh yeah. I really liked that too. With the loss of Chadwick Boseman there are tons of kids looking for another hero. Those kid funerals last year were so heartbreaking. Sam Wilson as Captain America would be rather nice and the only possible fallout would be chuds raging on Parler and I'm hoping the Mouse is ok with that. I'm still sad that Sam Wilson Captain America didn't last longer in the comics. I wish comics would let certain characters die and their legacy carry on. Captain America is one of those titles I always felt was perfect for that. Captain America shouldn't be about powers and is bigger than even the shield. I always felt the strongest part of Captain America is the idea, the dream of what America SHOULD be. All it needs is someone willing to be hero for the poor, the weary, the huddled masses.

Doom2020! fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 22, 2021

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Splash Attack posted:

i mean, i’m not saying that she’s a good guy putting on a act, because it’s clear she’s had a hand in stirring things up in wanda’s reality. but a friend of mine pointed out that she’s always been the type of character with her own agenda instead of being unambiguously good.
Agatha was a witch during the Salem Witch Trials, and she approved of them, because she thought killing off the weaker members of her own coven was the best way to make it stronger. Even when she's a "good guy" she's not a nice person.

Still, it's not like the MCU has been shy about turning characters from the comics into very different versions of themselves. Comic book Skrulls are largely bad guys, while all of the MCU Skrulls (so far) are desperate, very sympathetic refugees who have become trusted friends of the heroes they've met. Thanos still wanted to wipe out half of the universe, but now it was more of a twisted humanitarian excuse, and not a one-sided infatuation with with Death herself. Hawkeye doesn't seem to have hearing aids. Carol Danvers wasn't a writer for "Woman" magazine. Drax hasn't made any mention of originally being a human named Arthur. The Vulture was a cool villain, and didn't look like a 90 year old man in a green spandex bird costume and fur collar. And so on.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 22, 2021

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Robot Hobo posted:

The Vulture was a cool villain, and didn't look like a 90 year old man in a green spandex bird costume and fur collar. And so on.

Michael Keaton as The Vulture was cool as hell. I took my kids to that movie and spent the first half going back and forth from the bathroom with them so I missed all the hints and the BIG REVEAL completely blew my mind.

I'm holding out hope that the witness Agent Woo was checking on NJ is either Vulture or the Shocker

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Another Bill posted:

Michael Keaton as The Vulture was cool as hell. I took my kids to that movie and spent the first half going back and forth from the bathroom with them so I missed all the hints and the BIG REVEAL completely blew my mind.

I'm holding out hope that the witness Agent Woo was checking on NJ is either Vulture or the Shocker

Its entire Sinister Six, but literally like all 8000 members that have been part of it over time.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
There's an interview that said there is still one character in the show that hasn't been shown on screen, but didn't say if they were in episode 8 or 9.

Also, Paul Bettany seemed to kind of confirm Mephisto because he explicitly shot down a couple of theories when asked, but then said he wasn't going to answer a few other questions. One of which was about Mephisto.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

There's an interview that said there is still one character in the show that hasn't been shown on screen, but didn't say if they were in episode 8 or 9.

Also, Paul Bettany seemed to kind of confirm Mephisto because he explicitly shot down a couple of theories when asked, but then said he wasn't going to answer a few other questions. One of which was about Mephisto.

Saying "No its not Mephisto" is just as bad as saying "Yes it is Mephisto", so he can't really talk either way.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

FogHelmut posted:

Saying "No its not Mephisto" is just as bad as saying "Yes it is Mephisto", so he can't really talk either way.

That's true.

It just seems odd that he would shoot down some other theories, but then not answer a question about another.

His actual answer seems very suspicious and was more detailed than his responses to the others:

quote:

"The [head] writer, Jac Schaeffer, she's a bonafide genius. I think it was really fun for her to see all of the fan reactions and fan theories, and some of them are eerily accurate. But this one [theory] that mentions Mephisto? I can't speak to it right now, because I'm worried about getting fired."

Edit: They also confirmed that there is one character that hasn't shown up yet. Which seems to invalidate the (already far-fetched imo) theories about Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen or other groups showing up in cameos.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 22, 2021

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Splash Attack posted:

i don’t think agatha is the big bad because her reveal, while amazing, seemed deliberately over the top. and if sword isn’t watching the broadcast, who is , and is agatha putting on a performance for them?

It's for us, the audience. The episode is literally titled "Breaking the fourth wall".

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It's for us, the audience. The episode is literally titled "Breaking the fourth wall".

They're talking about the wall between dimensions.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Is there a bizarro Vision that could show up?
It'd be cute if the person who Paul Bettany has been waiting his whole life for a chance to act opposite is himself, and he's been playing coy.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I hold with those who think that Wanda is just trying to put Agatha in the role of the Bad Guy to avoid feeling guilt. Agatha's attention is only drawn when Wanda starts to quaver and wonder aloud if she really is the villain, at which point Agatha whisks her away for the Big Reveal, which... I'm not sure there's any other compelling reason why Agatha would choose that exact moment? It seems completely arbitrary from Agatha's perspective -- she could have lured her into the basement on any number of pretexts before now. But from Wanda's perspective, it gets her away just before she really starts having to grapple with an uncomfortable feeling.

Plus Wanda seems to be the one in control of the credit sequences, so "Agatha After All" is likely her creation as well. At the end of the 80s episode, when Vision says "you can't control me like the others" the credits roll immediately after she shoots back with "can't I?" She seems to have broad control of where the stories begin or end (la la la), and since sitcoms effectively reset to stasis at the end of every episode, she uses that and the subsequent change in setting to keep Vision distracted and off-balance.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

It'd be cute if the person who Paul Bettany has been waiting his whole life for a chance to act opposite is himself, and he's been playing coy.

I'm pretty sure every Marvel character has about 30 "Alternative" or "Multiverse" versions of their character. There are definitely many different versions of The Vision. But, none that would be anywhere close to famous enough or a fan-favorite enough to make a major secret.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

If they were going to introduce another version of Vision it would be the teen one to further the Young Avengers line up.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

I hold with those who think that Wanda is just trying to put Agatha in the role of the Bad Guy to avoid feeling guilt. Agatha's attention is only drawn when Wanda starts to quaver and wonder aloud if she really is the villain, at which point Agatha whisks her away for the Big Reveal, which... I'm not sure there's any other compelling reason why Agatha would choose that exact moment? It seems completely arbitrary from Agatha's perspective -- she could have lured her into the basement on any number of pretexts before now. But from Wanda's perspective, it gets her away just before she really starts having to grapple with an uncomfortable feeling.

She was waiting for two things:

1) The twins to be older and unattended.
2) Vision and Wanda to fight causing Vision to begin to think Wanda is out of control and attempt to leave the Hex.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Surely they've made an evil Vision named BLIND at some point, right? If not, pay me Marvel.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The last episode is a remake of the Bizarro Sealab episode with MCU characters.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Sanguinia posted:

Surely they've made an evil Vision named BLIND at some point, right? If not, pay me Marvel.

They went with the equally subtle "Anti-Vision."

There's also an undead version of Vision that is a zombie.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

FogHelmut posted:

They're talking about the wall between dimensions.

There was no mention of dimensions at all in the episode and multiple characters talk directly to the camera, so I disagree with that.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

how do you turn a robot into a zombie

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They went with the equally subtle "Anti-Vision."

There's also an undead version of Vision that is a zombie.

Is the zombie Vision named Memory Leak? Cuz he's eating up all the ram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Splash Attack posted:

how do you turn a robot into a zombie

He's not a robot. He's a synthoid, you racist.

They made an entire universe where everyone was a zombie and wanted to include Vision, so they said "gently caress it. Vision can be a zombie" for ~*reasons*~

Also, the Zombie universe is identical to ours in every way except for two:

1) Zombies exist
2) In this reality, Captain America was promoted three additional times compared to his normal reality and is "Colonel America"

The reason for why a Zombie virus would change nothing except Captain America's career ladder is never explained.