Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Any team sport. A couple of players who complemented each other but couldn't lift their team to the holy grail because they didn't have the other key supporting pieces.

Who fits the category better than these two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

CocoaNuts posted:

Any team sport. A couple of players who complemented each other but couldn't lift their team to the holy grail because they didn't have the other key supporting pieces.

Who fits the category better than these two?

they lost because karl malone is a choker and was defeated mentally by michael jordan

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Buddy those two aren't even the best duo to never win in 90s basketball

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here's my contribution

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
I don't know. Rodgers/Adams?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dont know

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Daniel Sedin/Henrik Sedin

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Craig Biggio and Jeff Bagwell are right loving there people.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 22, 2021

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kemp/Payton

Harden/Paul

Griffey/A-Rod

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

Kemp/Payton

Harden/Paul

Griffey/A-Rod

What, no love for Harden / Westbrook?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

are we saying didnt win a title together only cause if so

lebron james/anderson varejao

lebron james/eric snow

lebron james/larry hughes

lebron james/lance stephenson

lebron james/deron williams

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Ghost Dog posted:

are we saying didnt win a title together only cause if so

lebron james/anderson varejao

lebron james/eric snow

lebron james/larry hughes

lebron james/lance stephenson

lebron james/deron williams

I'm no Mensa member, but I think there's a common denominator in your post.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm assuming the premise is two all-timers who played together without winning otherwise it's Wilt/some used car salesman and Wilt/some different used car salesman

If it requires neither player to have ever won one, well I think Kemp/Payton still qualifies because Payton's ring was and end of the bench deal

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Probably Connor Mcdavid/Leon Draisaitl

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
isn't mcdavid like 23 years old? he's got some time

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

seriously, you can probably make an argument for Trout/Pujols since they're both likely inner circle HoF guys and played like a decade together and all they have to show for it is a 3 game exit in the 2014 postseason

you'd have to ignore albert's previous rings and his age/talent level with the Angels though

Johnny Bravo fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 23, 2021

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Barry Bonds and Jeff Kent, I guess. I don't have sufficiently encyclopedic Bonds-knowledge to know if there's a better #2 for him than Kent.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

wyoak posted:

isn't mcdavid like 23 years old? he's got some time

That's like 38 in Edmonton time.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Sedins have all kinds of individual trophies and medals but never won a cup in 17 seasons playing together, Even with 6 time all-star Luongo backing them for half of that.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

Barry Bonds and Jeff Kent, I guess. I don't have sufficiently encyclopedic Bonds-knowledge to know if there's a better #2 for him than Kent.

jeff kent and his truck

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Curtly Ambrose and Brian Lara.

Whilst not particularly a "dynamic duo", both of them were arguably the best batsman and the best bowler in the world for a time. Their careers overlapped and the played a good deal together in the same team.

Yet neither ever won a world cup, due to the fact that they ended up being part of the generation at the tail end of the West Indies greatness.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hand Knit posted:

Barry Bond and a Dusty Baker toothpick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Thornton/Marleau are up there too. Although Marleau is very much the lesser light of the pair.

Although Thierry won a Champions League title later in his career it's kinda sad* that he didn't win one with Bergkamp for Arsenal. They won everything else so I'm not sure if it really counts though.

Gretzky/Robitaille failing to win a cup in LA is a big missed opportunity too.

*not actually sad

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 23, 2021