Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Burning through it this past week has given me such an appreciation of it. The game runs SO loving GOOD on PS5. The load times are negligent, everything is buttery smooth, the gameplay owns.

https://twitter.com/jacsnoodleboy/status/1363874213212397568?s=21

Gonna be MonHunting all loving day every day until Rise. The fact that it’s part of the PS+ Collection blows my mind. Everyone should be playing this then grabbing Iceborne when they get to the end of the base game.

hell yeah boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfLiuEdd-5o

edit;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-JDmGiQE_8

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Another PS5 queue is opening in 12 minutes.

https://direct-queue.playstation.co...er=akamai-1.0.2

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Soysaucebeast posted:

As someone who had a PSVR for two something years, I would see if you could borrow it from a friend or something before buying it. At first it was a lot of fun, and I played the poo poo out of Rush of Blood, but I got bored with it about a month or two after getting it. There's just not too many good games out for it, RE7 not withstanding. It's certainly fun, but not 300$ fun.

The recent addition of Star Wars Squadrons and playing all of the Hitman series in VR have made it a much better time.

Scapulor
Nov 21, 2005

The man with the magic scapulae
Pillbug
hello goons!

a friend of mine won a code for the ps5 sackboy game in some 7-11 sweepstakes, but he doesn't have a ps5 and probably never will.

~BUT~

his loss is your gain! I'm posting it here--first come, first served for whoever's the biggest sackboy fan and can also type a 12-character code before every other biggest sackboy fan.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Rolo posted:

Another PS5 queue is opening in 12 minutes.

https://direct-queue.playstation.co...er=akamai-1.0.2

It seems like the PS directs are running for longer and longer before they sell out. Too bad even getting in before the queue hits I've never seen my timer show anything other than "More than an hour".
:smith:

At least this time I can actually see the queue bar moving, which is better than I've seen it before. Maybe I just got lucky and am slightly less stuck hopelessly far in the back.

Edit: aaaand it's done. Still didn't even make it 20% of the way through the queue.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 23, 2021

Cruiserweight
Nov 14, 2012

Live Mas

Scapulor posted:

hello goons!

a friend of mine won a code for the ps5 sackboy game in some 7-11 sweepstakes, but he doesn't have a ps5 and probably never will.

~BUT~

his loss is your gain! I'm posting it here--first come, first served for whoever's the biggest sackboy fan and can also type a 12-character code before every other biggest sackboy fan.

redeemed, thank you!

Scapulor
Nov 21, 2005

The man with the magic scapulae
Pillbug

Cruiserweight posted:

redeemed, thank you!

you're welcome! enjoy!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Cruiserweight posted:

redeemed, thank you!

Biggest sackboy fan identified

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

cvnvcnv posted:

Just spent a few hours playing and it seems to be exactly what Destruction All-Stars wanted to be but isn't, which is a good game. Appreciate the heads-up about it.

Still looking for Dirt 5 opinions from anyone that's got 'em.

Glad you're enjoying it! More people should play it honestly

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Chaotic Flame posted:

Glad you're enjoying it! More people should play it honestly

Yeah, I finally tried it this weekend and it's more fun than I expected. I think that it was originally announced as a full price game will be its unintentional downfall unless they managed to continue to add things to it.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Narcissus1916 posted:

AstroBot is so loving good I'm thinking of shelling out for PSVR, even though I know they'll likely push out an upgraded version soon enough

There won't be a new version any time soon. The consensus among dipshit people online like me is that it's safe to say we won't see it until at least two years into the PS5's lifespan. It wouldn't make sense for it to come out so soon after the console's launch and I think they'd like to get as much space as possible between it and the original PSVR or risk pissing off a lot of people.

Soysaucebeast posted:

There's just not too many good games out for it, RE7 not withstanding. It's certainly fun, but not 300$ fun.

Obviously it's subjective, but I think there's plenty of good stuff now, most of it for <$30. Here's PSVR Without Parole's latest 25 Best Games on PSVR list from November.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avm1yApRsVA&t=7s

And here's 15 games coming this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF9NerngxPs

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Control is aggressively mediocre. I hate to abandon a game midway through, but it inspires nothing in me.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If say around 80% of the joy is the story and art direction, if you're in it solely for the gameplay, you're honestly not missing anything new once you finished unlocking the different branches of the skill tree

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Chad Sexington posted:

Control is aggressively mediocre. I hate to abandon a game midway through, but it inspires nothing in me.

I've read every single collectable flavor text thing so far and it owns, haven't done that in a game since H:ZD.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yeah if the Lynch-lite stuff and the story in Control isn't exciting then it's a pretty bog standard game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i don't think it's fair to call control a bog standard game, just because game play wise its not a cover shooter like virtually every third person shooter ends up being.

control is a lot like max payne and i appreciate that. i don't think everyone is going to be super into it but it's also definitely not bog standard.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

rabidsquid posted:

i don't think it's fair to call control a bog standard game, just because game play wise its not a cover shooter like virtually every third person shooter ends up being.

control is a lot like max payne and i appreciate that. i don't think everyone is going to be super into it but it's also definitely not bog standard.

It felt like a very meat and potatoes 3rd person game to me but I enjoyed it a lot for the story and aesthetics.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Max payne is way better than control

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I want a remake of Max Payne 1+2 so bad

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I played a lot of Max Payne 1 and a bit of Max Payne 2 back in the day, but I'm not sure these games really have all that much going for them anymore now that the novelty of their bullet time gimmick has worn off. They weren't really very remarkable games on their own aside from that and the spectacle effect of seeing bullets whizz past you.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Max Payne being better than Control is a road I cannot go down. The powers alone make Control a far more fun and satisfying game to play.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Max Payne 3 is nearly ten years old...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Just as a general fyi, as of recently you can play Max Payne at 60fps (or so I hear) on a Vita.

(You'll need to somehow aquire the Android version first)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

Max Payne 3 is nearly ten years old...

Yeah but it sux compared to the others

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Max Payne 2 and Control are equally good. Two of the best action games of the last 20 years.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah but it sux compared to the others

Yeah, I personally would not replay 3, it just completely missed the point. Amazing soundtrack tho

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Rinkles posted:

Just as a general fyi, as of recently you can play Max Payne at 60fps (or so I hear) on a Vita.

(You'll need to somehow aquire the Android version first)

I played through MP1 via the PS2-on-PS4 port not long ago and had a bunch of fun. Then I found out the iPhone version runs better and controls better with a DS4 paired via Bluetooth than the PS2’s weird rear end control scheme. Ah, technology.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I wanna mod Max Payne 2 to have the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 soundtrack.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Rolo posted:

I wanna mod Max Payne 2 to have the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 tricks when you bullet time.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Escobarbarian posted:

I want a remake of Max Payne 1+2 so bad

I want a remake version of Max Payne 1 that supports the kung fu mod or has it as a built in bonus.

https://youtu.be/RIhjtSY-nxg

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

DeathSandwich posted:

I want a remake version of Max Payne 1 that supports the kung fu mod or has it as a built in bonus.

Lmao this looks so fun!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

DeathSandwich posted:

The closest thing I can think of is Maximum Action. Except it's first person.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Some of the flavour text in control just feels a little crappy. Like on the level of some of the weak scp stuff where it’s just a normal paragraph but with a bunch of black bars added. and I get that ‘magic safe = shield’ but a lot of the documents are like ‘this random item has a mysterious force’. why does the duck just move.

I don’t know who said it originally here but there’s always two more waves of enemies than it feels like there should be. when backtracking these encounters feel like they take forever.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Some of the flavour text in control just feels a little crappy. Like on the level of some of the weak scp stuff where it’s just a normal paragraph but with a bunch of black bars added. and I get that ‘magic safe = shield’ but a lot of the documents are like ‘this random item has a mysterious force’. why does the duck just move.

I don’t know who said it originally here but there’s always two more waves of enemies than it feels like there should be. when backtracking these encounters feel like they take forever.

the whole point of the world is that the Bureau goes and investigates/captures items that behave in weird and sometimes dangerous ways. sometimes the behaviours are connected to the object (like the floppy disk with launch codes giving you the power to launch things) and sometimes they're not (the carousel house giving you the ability to dodge).

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you think the fights take too long while backtracking... just run past them?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Just beat Spider man Miles Morales and that was the perfect length for a game. Too much collectible bs still though

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

blackguy32 posted:

Just beat Spider man Miles Morales and that was the perfect length for a game. Too much collectible bs still though

Yeah I really enjoyed it too. I do wish there was less collectable stuff and more combat challenges since I enjoy doing those because you get to play the game.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

morallyobjected posted:

the whole point of the world is that the Bureau goes and investigates/captures items that behave in weird and sometimes dangerous ways. sometimes the behaviours are connected to the object (like the floppy disk with launch codes giving you the power to launch things) and sometimes they're not (the carousel house giving you the ability to dodge).

Yeah I’m not misunderstanding the central conceit. just finding some of the elements (flavour text, story, combat) underwhelming

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Seymour Buttz posted:

God drat dual sense has stick drift in my right analog already. Picked up Hitman 3 tonight and my view is pulling left a whole lot. And last night I had noticeable but manageable upwards drift on the left stick.

What a bummer. I’ve probably only picked this thing up to play like 50 times.

edit: if I shake the controller the view turns left, cool, cool

Here's a weird thing - I've noticed a drift every now and again on Hitman 3, and I used to in cyberpunk until I adjusted the aiming values to something very specific. However on my partner's profile she gets a lot of drift in cyberpunk even though its at the exact same values.

I just finished Doom Eternal and the DLC and no drift whatsoever.

Incidentally I did enjoy Doom Eternal but it I definitely overdid it, had dreams about collecting key cards (also brought on by fever) and others of being in doom world and to the point I'd look at the map at the beginning of the stage and groan a bit at how long it would take. I tetris effect'd myself. I'm hoping Ancient Gods part 2 is a bit longer and more innovative rather than just EVERYTHING'S HARDER NOW

Definitely play the game if you like stressful combat but take constant breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

MechaSeinfeld posted:

If you want to still give the game a chance turn on one hit kills fast energy regen in the options.