Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
this has been posted everywhere but this... the appropriate thread for it
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1363870096662364166?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hope the hero cameo is literally Jesus Christ

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope it's Zauriel

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

That would be a deep cut.

Lmao Zauriel kneels before joker and calls him the messiah. Can you imagine what that would do to the internet?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

McCloud posted:

That would be a deep cut.

Lmao Zauriel kneels before joker and calls him the messiah. Can you imagine what that would do to the internet?

The clown prince of peace

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Darkseid looking through a boomtube portal at jesusoker "um nah I'm good bye"

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Clown king of kings

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

MacheteZombie posted:

Darkseid looking through a boomtube portal at jesusoker "um nah I'm good bye"

"I use a God to kill a God"

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The hero at the end will be Rorschach reading the comics who then spends thirty minutes criticizing it for not being objectivist enough.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Big Barda recruits Wonder Woman to finish the fight. Snyder is crowned king of the nerds.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I think I'll laugh for a week if the hero cameo turns out to be Ambush Bug or someone equally left field from DC.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Booster Gold going to the past to help prevent Darkseid from taking over Earth only to find out that the Justice League already saved the day.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
instead of INRI we have LMAO

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

AccountSupervisor posted:

The Vanity Fair article says "He has reshot the ending with a hero cameo that will blow hardcore fans minds".

Curious if this is someone other than Martian Manhunter given his appearance is supposed to be earlier.

Perhaps Green Lantern? Might make sense given we see the ring fly away in the history lesson.

It's probably just Milhouse.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Cameo will be WB execs asking Snyder if he is wanting to release the Snydercut and he’ll reply “Release it? I released it 214 minutes ago.”

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Schwarzwald posted:

Very good.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Schwarzwald posted:

:asoiaf:

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
If its Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern as rumored and theres not a solid explanation for why it will probably the first major creative decision Snyders made that has me truly scratching my head

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

AccountSupervisor posted:

If its Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern as rumored and theres not a solid explanation for why it will probably the first major creative decision Snyders made that has me truly scratching my head

It's Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It's Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu

At this point Im pretty sure Ryan Reynolds is contractually obligated to do the Ryan Reynolds schtick in every major franchise Hollywood has to offer. No exceptions.

Cant wait to see him voice the T-Rex in Jurassic World 3

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I didn't used to like him but around Detective Pikachu and Hobbs and Shaw I started to say to myself "You know what Ryan Reynolds you're alright"

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I hope the hero cameo is literally Jesus Christ

It's going to be Zod with the dolphin flippers

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I didn't used to like him but around Detective Pikachu and Hobbs and Shaw I started to say to myself "You know what Ryan Reynolds you're alright"

Ryan Reynolds was clearly added to Hobbs and Shaw in a late rewrite, and he's pretty much just playing himself, but yeah I'm buying it!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I don't mind Reynolds for the most part, but thought he was a bad fit for Detective Pikachu. I get why they picked him tho

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I think it was between him and Hugh Jackman.

We did do some early animation tests with Danny DeVito's voice, but I think it was mostly just a "let's see what happens" kind of thing.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Oo Hugh would've been neat. While Devito would have been great there's just no way it was gunna happen.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Too much liability. Ideally you are making sequels, and Devito seems like a guy who could drop dead any day, you don't want to have to recast.

Brilliant idea releasing two weeks after Endgame

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My biggest idiot post in CineD was me saying that Detective Pikachu was going to do as well or better than Endgame, lmao.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Detective No. 27 posted:

My biggest idiot post in CineD was me saying that Detective Pikachu was going to do as well or better than Endgame, lmao.

Sometimes ya gotta swing big.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's a better film so that's not unfair.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
It's the same sort of rationale as "batman v superman has the two biggest superheroes ever in it, so it should make seven bajillion dollars", but applied to the Pokemon franchise.

By that logic, I can't wait for the Hello Kitty movie to break box office records.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I admit I would like to see Sanrio characters done up like early version Sonic movie.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

MacheteZombie posted:

I don't mind Reynolds for the most part, but thought he was a bad fit for Detective Pikachu. I get why they picked him tho

Both him and Danny DeVito are good fits for “wisecracking talking Pikachu” in a vacuum, but as long term decisions they’re very odd-fitting and maybe not great, given Pikachu turns out to be the human lead’s dad. Ryan Reynolds feels way too young to have a son that’s not just an adult but an adult who has been in the workforce long enough to feel jaded. And that wouldn’t be an issue if they didn’t return him to his body, meaning that any sequel is gonna have to either find a way to shove Reynolds back into his Pikachu or we’re getting an entire movie where we’re confronted with Ryan Reynolds having a kid who looks like he’s maybe a decade younger than him. I’m sure they had discussions about this but at this point I’m only 50/50 on whether we’ll actually get a sequel.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ungulateman posted:

It's the same sort of rationale as "batman v superman has the two biggest superheroes ever in it, so it should make seven bajillion dollars", but applied to the Pokemon franchise.

By that logic, I can't wait for the Hello Kitty movie to break box office records.

Well, that was part of my logic at the time. Basically it boiled down to Pokemon having more worldwide appeal, not being the culmination of a decade of movies, and being the best selling franchise of all time.

It was silly to think it would do anywhere near as good as Endgame in hindsight, but I am still kinda baffled as to why it underperformed. I don't remember it bombing, but it should have done a lot better than it actually did. Real weird that there isn't a sequel or a spinoff in the works. I suppose it released too close to Endgame.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Ryan Reynolds is 19 years older than Justice Smith, who was 23 when the movie was filmed, so it technically works but it's definitely a little odd to see Reynolds starting to take Dad roles.

Robot Style fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 23, 2021

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Should've been Matthew Perry.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Could I be any more furry?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Devito as Pikachu is great stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJJbOBH9I0

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos
https://i.imgur.com/dliW0mC.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

"Me" in this instance is youtuber Hbomberguy.