Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he existed solely to make muteba seem cooler and i'm okay with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he existed solely to make muteba seem cooler and i'm okay with that.

yeah his gimmick had nowhere near the staying potential since we already had Raian and Setsuna as the crazy killer characters but i loved him!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Meguro existed in the story for about as long as he needed to and left before wearing out his welcome.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Meguro's main purpose in the story was to be the straight man for the Hayami faction goons in side chapters

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

tweet my meat posted:

Meguro's main purpose in the story was to be the straight man for the Hayami faction goons in side chapters

this is the ultra truth

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Wait so Lolong's epithet is King, has the same hairstyle, and people make a big deal whenever he does mundane gestures?

He's King from OPM played straight.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

yum posted:

Wait so Lolong's epithet is King, has the same hairstyle, and people make a big deal whenever he does mundane gestures?

He's King from OPM played straight.

He was introduced as king or the king as soon as we saw him and I'm sure I posted about that

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Jose posted:

He was introduced as king or the king as soon as we saw him and I'm sure I posted about that

Oh, I didn't know his epithet was revealed in previous chapters. I know there were comparisons before but his official name actually being King is a little too on the nose

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The Flawless Man
Masaki is 90% a crazy man being held back by subliminal messages. 10% he just listens to K-pop on his earbuds instead

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

The immediate repercussions of a flashback!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Artelier posted:

The immediate repercussions of a flashback!

Kazzy causing his team to lose a W.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Was really hoping to see Hayami in action this chapter, but I really like the dude so far. Excited to learn the mysterious secret of the airpods and to see him in his serial killer mode if he has one. A lot of people are complaining about mirror matchups in this tournament, but I think the closest we've had to a pure grappling matchup is Ohma vs Cosmo so I'm excited for this one.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Honestly, Masaki being this extremely amiable, humble and calm young man comes off as being creepier than Megura. As everyone, I'm waiting for the crazy shoe to drop.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I'm calling it now that judo is just his hobby and his actual fighting style is something he unlocks when he gets mad.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i am fukkin pumped

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Meguro had that weird masochistic brain chemistry, so it’s probably significant whether Masaki is in just regular pain from the big hit he took like the characters think.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

KO (fainted due to extended pain-induced priapism)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Gonna say Hayami is one of those Connectors the Worm is so obsessed about and the earbuds are a recording of Masaki’s life for.... reasons

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

Meguro had that weird masochistic brain chemistry, so it’s probably significant whether Masaki is in just regular pain from the big hit he took like the characters think.

That was the result of an operation so it depends on whether the clone Masaki got the same treatment.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
How did this chapter build up so much tension... I am so invested in what is up with this dude now.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Alan Wu's thing where they turn a person into another person through brainwashing by repeating their entire life story over and over and over to them seems relevant here

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Brought To You By posted:

That was the result of an operation so it depends on whether the clone Masaki got the same treatment.

it was?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

it was?

Whoops, looks like it's half and half. Meguro's mind did release opioids in response to pain before, but Hayami also did some tweaking.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I must be in the minority because I found the chapter and the setup boring. It's hypnosis calming bullshit. Dudes crazy. It's the hulk but dumber.

I pray that I eat my words

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
How has he been hearing anything this whole time with those in his ear

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Collapsing Farts posted:

How has he been hearing anything this whole time with those in his ear

Lip-reading skills.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't believe Shiina's just coolly refereeing the matches again after just seeing a dude literally ripped in half in front of her and having said dude's blood splashed in her eyes. Talk about nerves of steel.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

People were complaining about Carlos/Gaolang and Rihito/Falcon at the time but they were honestly pretty sick fights, Ashura tournament worthy stuff compared to anything that has followed. Fang off was ok too. Not feeling these boring mirrors where two guys just go at each other in a straight line until one loses (with cutscene intermission by Ryuki and dead guy).

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I dont know I liked the two big beefy boys swinging at eachother and the german guy showing off his SUPER MUSCLE CONTROL

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Collapsing Farts posted:

I dont know I liked the two big beefy boys swinging at eachother and the german guy showing off his SUPER MUSCLE CONTROL
Me too. I don't mind matchups, it makes sense that you'd put muscle vs muscle or judo vs judo.

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
If Hayami turns out to be another Meguro and Akoya fights like he normally does, I seriously think the outcome of the tournament might be that Purgatory wins on points, but Toyoda decides not to go through with the merger, on the grounds that what's basically a (mildly illegal) entertainment business wouldn't benefit much from bringing in a group of fighters who'll resort to murder at the drop of a hat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
like always, murder cop is definitely going to murder his opponent. that's really on kazzy for bringing the deranged serial killer cop along, though.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

like always, murder cop is definitely going to murder his opponent. that's really on kazzy for bringing the deranged serial killer cop along, though.

I don't know. Popular theory is that Akoya fights Nicolas LeBanner and the frenchman takes it to Akoya.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Brought To You By posted:

I don't know. Popular theory is that Akoya fights Nicolas LeBanner and the frenchman takes it to Akoya.

Yeah, it's possible Akoya loses.

Really the outcome is a Kengan loss anyway because either Akoya loses or he murders his opponent because asking Akoya to not murder an opponent is like yelling at an untrained puppy to not poo poo on a rug.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Unless Akoya is the one who gets murdered

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Purgatory needs some clear wins at this point, and Akoya's just the cop to do the job.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

Purgatory needs some clear wins at this point, and Akoya's just the cop to do the job.

Don’t they have more total wins right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

Don’t they have more total wins right now?

They do, but with a heavy dose of UNDER PURGATORY RULES