Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I think Buzz said it best,

When's it gonna happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

When we get better rockets or actually build an Aldrin cycler which are pretty nifty.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
is anything good on mars? i saw it the other day and it looked like the construction site by my house with all the mounds of dirt but less color

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i'm letting the other guys do it
the first batch of colonists to go there are guaranteed to die and have a terrible quality of life

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Mars has invaded Earth a whole bunch of times. This one's my favorite, it happened in 1953.

https://i.imgur.com/wd3zFgC.mp4

Just look at the classic lines on those war machines. :allears:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Flavius Aetass posted:

is anything good on mars? i saw it the other day and it looked like the construction site by my house with all the mounds of dirt but less color

sand that can give you tetanus

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

When do we get the blue Mars

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Mars is dumb

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

someone else must post it

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

red mars
blue mars
1 mars
2 mars

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

hbag posted:

red mars
blue mars
1 mars
2 mars

Close the subforum we found the winning post

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

hbag posted:

red mars
blue mars
1 mars
2 mars

But what of the Sneetches with Mars upon thars?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Powered Descent posted:

But what of the Sneetches with Mars upon thars?

The Sneetches with stars, upon Mars?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

https://mars.nasa.gov/participate/send-your-name/

My aunt told me a few days ago that she put my brothers and my names on this thing so they'll last for however long it takes humans to colonize the place and be able to retrieve the thing. Kinda weird to do that without asking us but that's a thing I guess.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

My aunt told me a few days ago that she put my brothers and my names on this thing so they'll last for however long it takes humans to colonize the place and be able to retrieve the thing. Kinda weird to do that without asking us but that's a thing I guess.

Send-your-name has been a thing since the 90s. My name is now in three or four places on Mars, and my digitized signature spent more than a decade orbiting Saturn. Some say it's pointless but I think it's cool as hell.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

honestly i have this weird crippling fear of being completely, absolutely forgotten so having my name engraved on some chunk of metal on some other planet for eternity is weirdly comforting

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Nothing is for eternity death is certain

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Tag yourself im far knob

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

The Shortest Path posted:

Future space archaeologists will look upon this and conclude that Weedlord Bonerhitler must have been a great leader since his name is repeated so often.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Future space archaeologists will look upon this and conclude that Weedlord Bonerhitler must have been a great leader since his name is repeated so often.

my son is also named weedlord

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

PokeJoe posted:

Tag yourself im far knob

I’m Jenkins.

LEEROY Jenkins.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

Tag yourself im far knob

I'm twin peaks

that's right, BOTH OF THEM

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/NYTScience/status/1376274936650739720
:ms:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

wow more like the DEAD planet there's nothing up there except our space SUVs what a flippin joke where are my ray gun saucers etc

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

NASA's all worried about polluting mars with earth organisms but imo we should do the opposite, just spray the fucker with all sorts of ocean vent gunk and see if any of it sticks. Maybe it would be worth visiting then!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I think it's interesting because I like rocks! :(

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
the sped planet, because you'd have to be dumb to want to live there.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
can you not please

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

hbag posted:

red mars
blue mars
1 mars
2 mars

Is 2 mars where martian manhunter is a bad guy?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

a likely story :rolleyes:

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1393373462719340544
:china: