Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
For people feeling that the zone is too empty in 1.5.1, I've been using this addon which increases and randomizes the mutant spawns. It feels pretty balanced, you're not going to see things like pseudogiants trashing newbie village in Cordon, nor will you get absolutely swarmed everywhere you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

moot the hopple posted:

For people feeling that the zone is too empty in 1.5.1, I've been using this addon which increases and randomizes the mutant spawns. It feels pretty balanced, you're not going to see things like pseudogiants trashing newbie village in Cordon, nor will you get absolutely swarmed everywhere you go.

But can you still go south to the actual military blockade, pop off a few shots from a distance, and kite everyone back to the village for a murder spree so you can loot afterwards?

Although, last time I did that I was running some mod or other, and a helicopter showed up and never left so I had to reload.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

is there anything that changes mutant aggression in anomaly? i feel like I have to kill every pack of dogs I see and everything kills me in two hits

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Farm Frenzy posted:

is there anything that changes mutant aggression in anomaly? i feel like I have to kill every pack of dogs I see and everything kills me in two hits

I am currently stuck in a death loop being two shot by some house cats

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Fosson posted:

I thought the same thing and saw that the default was .5 stalkers and .75 mutants. When I started it said like 430 people in the zone, and starting in Cordon was maybe groups of 2-3z

I got an Anomaly add-on pack tonight which I had to start a new game for (worth it, holy poo poo) and I bumped stalkers up to .75 to start. Immediately saw the difference, Elevator had some bandits scurrying about and raising hell, Farm had 5 stalkers chilling at the fire alone...so far this change has been gaming nirvana haha

which pack are you using? Or at the very least, which addon is allowing you to increase number of stalkers?

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

which pack are you using? Or at the very least, which addon is allowing you to increase number of stalkers?

There's a population thing in the Anomaly settings: The Zone > General and stalkers population factors.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Sorry for the delayed response, but I grabbed Nekro's Addon Pack from the Anomaly Addon list.

I don't know what all of the addons do, I think there are around 25, but Hollywood Effects and Particles Remade are really cool visual addons. Some better sounds so far, Drug Food and Drink Animations is really awesome. It also includes Boomsticks and Sharpsticks which I hear is great (and so far even the lovely Makarov feels a bit better), however one addon that is included seems like it wouldn't be for everyone and that's the Anomaly Magazines. It's one of those immersion addons where you buy or find magazines and add ammo to them, and you can add the mags to your loadout. Not as big of a pain as I thought it would be, and sort of makes me think a bit about taking shots.

E: Yeah as stated above, there are population sliders for stalkers and mutants. I didn't touch the mutant slider, but upping stalker population to .75 seemed to bump up the starting number given when you enter the zone from like 440 to around 650 I think.

Fosson fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 17, 2021

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

I'm personally ok with the overworld being on the sparse side for stalkers, especially when it comes to generally negative factions like monolith and merc, but it never feels right when communal hubs are just the vendors and maybe 1-2 guys.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Fosson posted:

Sorry for the delayed response, but I grabbed Nekro's Addon Pack from the Anomaly Addon list.

i thought it might be, thanks!

Appoda posted:

I'm personally ok with the overworld being on the sparse side for stalkers, especially when it comes to generally negative factions like monolith and merc, but it never feels right when communal hubs are just the vendors and maybe 1-2 guys.

I kind of agree yeah. When there's an emission the skadosk (sp?) Is basically empty it's kind of disappointing. I don't need a thousand dudes but the occasional non-monolith squad would be nice, especially since i go out of my way to try to keep those guys numbers down and from wrecking everyone else. Seeing fires with dudes hanging out at night is just aesthetically pleasing.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I dont know how available Provak's weapon overhaul 2.2 is, so here's a link https://drive.google.com/u/0/uc?id=12G3_yRwG4359D6yTAOj2S_ALpDWIAuzx&export=download
and here's wasted sky, both are for Anomalyt 151 https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly/addons/wasted-skys-addon-pack-for-provaks-weapon-overhaul-22

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
Yeah I agree as well. .5 seemed too low as a lot of initial areas were pretty much abandoned and there were like 1-3 guys at any occupied place. .75 looks to be the sweet spot for me as there is a more normal flow of activity and sometimes 5 stalkers chilling around a fire, but not overwhelming populations of bandits or military in the early areas

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I started with vanilla numbers but bumped it right up for stalkers after I made it to limansk, then just went back and forth through there harvesting Monolith.
I got Hip pretty early, and an Ecologist joined my crew soon after, right now I have a loner along for the ride.
If you want to learn to use the tools and stuff, take over the dark valley bandit base, they have a vice you can use after you have liberated it from the bandits.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

trying this out. wow that is a lot of loving guns.

also the damage, mods, etc for them seems completely random instead of tied to ammo type.

this 7.62x51 rifle has less damage than a ak74, or my ump45.

edit:

this poo poo seems hosed lol, tons of guns missing proper titles/descriptions (stuff like aek971_cw1), ai is mega bad/hosed. game spawns monolith all over, including cordon and in the middle of rostok (freedom too).

first time i got to rostok and the barkeep aggroed some distant monolith guy, just ran out of the bar with no weapon like he was gonna beat someone down.

some guns seem extremely op, i found a aks74u 'tactical' that shoots like a laser with no upgrades, has a firerate of like 900rpm etc. economy seems hosed as well, i had like 200k roubles just loving around in cordon selling zombie hands and broken radios

idk if i installed it wrong or something, i would expect it to just throw errors if i did. dunno whats up. guess i'll try a fresh extract of anomaly and that mod.

editedit: nope fresh install it's just super jank and hosed

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 21, 2021

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Anal-retentive, overly loquacious weapons scientist.

I've noticed all that too. The mod is simultaneously super cool and super jank. Theres a fair few QOL things like highlighting what items do with an icon but at the same time I got a benilli shotgun growing out of my forehead in first person. I guess ill stick with it until something goes horribly wrong.

Edit: hows Nekros addon pack?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

BillyJoeBob posted:

I've noticed all that too. The mod is simultaneously super cool and super jank. Theres a fair few QOL things like highlighting what items do with an icon but at the same time I got a benilli shotgun growing out of my forehead in first person. I guess ill stick with it until something goes horribly wrong.

i had no issues with nekros. i updated to the most recent one though and it added/changed a bunch of stuff from escape from tarkov which i really dislike. I love EFT but eft specific gear and poo poo like bitcoins do not belong in stalker lol

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Lol while browsing addons for Anomaly I only just now noticed that the knife slot can also be used for pistols.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

BillyJoeBob posted:

Really digging Nekros pack still as it adds a couple dozen addons for zero effort (still have Bethesda modding and older Stalker mods like OGSE instability PTSD). The magazine mod is probably going to be the most polarizing but I think there is some thought to it. Adding mags to load out cycles them through and fortunately it doesn’t act like you just drop spent mags. Adding bullets is pretty quick and mags are either cheap as hell or found.

The rest of the stuff seems cool and everything in this playthrough has been fantastic.

E: noticed some mags have the underscored name which will probably make things confusing down the road. Not sure if it’s a Nekro pack error or the mod itself, but enough info is given to figure it out. Also mags are given a condition (of course), yet I have not experienced condition having an actual effect.

Fosson fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 22, 2021

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

sakharov is loving packing

Fosson posted:

Really digging Nekros pack still as it adds a couple dozen addons for zero effort (still have Bethesda modding and older Stalker mods like OGSE instability PTSD). The magazine mod is probably going to be the most polarizing but I think there is some thought to it. Adding mags to load out cycles them through and fortunately it doesn’t act like you just drop spent mags. Adding bullets is pretty quick and mags are either cheap as hell or found.

The rest of the stuff seems cool and everything in this playthrough has been fantastic.

E: noticed some mags have the underscored name which will probably make things confusing down the road. Not sure if it’s a Nekro pack error or the mod itself, but enough info is given to figure it out. Also mags are given a condition (of course), yet I have not experienced condition having an actual effect.

he seems to have removed it from the default newest version due to crashes and stuff. i kinda of enjoyed it though i hated that every magazine seemed to be damaged some how, i didn't know what that meant and also i had a million different magazines at any one time.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Anal-retentive, overly loquacious weapons scientist.

The provak pack is actually hilariously broken. I found you can buy guns from the loner trader at the farm and sell them back for a near 50% markup. I bought a FAL for 50ishK and sold it right back for 90k. Ahh, stalker mods

I'll switch over to Nekros tonight after I get back from work. I sorta hate to start another new game because the mod is broken but it's not like I've played through stalker several hundred times.

BillyJoeBob fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 23, 2021

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Thats just how demand and supply work.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Provak 404

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Anomaly already breaks a lot of things and considers them to be features, but mods on top of it tends to exacerbate those issues or come up with whole new ways to introduce jank.

My advice is to get mods that specifically fix stuff that's been bugging you, maybe pick up a few QoL additions, and stay away from the big weapon/item/faction overhauls.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Pro tip. If you enable the crosshair but set alpha to 0 you still get the red/yellow dot when over an NPC.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

Tabletops posted:

sakharov is loving packing

he seems to have removed it from the default newest version due to crashes and stuff. i kinda of enjoyed it though i hated that every magazine seemed to be damaged some how, i didn't know what that meant and also i had a million different magazines at any one time.

I still don’t understand what the mag conditions mean. Does it mean that they can only be used so many times? I am accumulating a lot myself now, and fortunately no crashes yet, but a lot of the names seem to be file names which makes it hard to tell what gun they are for

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I just start an Ecologist playthrough in Anomaly and there's this NPC near Sakharov who gives me the creeps. He looks a little suspicious

bishibosh
Mar 15, 2021

really enjoy Blindside's weapon pack for Anomaly, very slick animations. hopefully they get to the rest of the guns because woo boy there are some very questionable animations in Anomaly

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I just start an Ecologist playthrough in Anomaly and there's this NPC near Sakharov who gives me the creeps. He looks a little suspicious

goddammit

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

moot the hopple posted:

I need to try this out next time. Some areas were a little too sparse by default.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

bishibosh posted:

really enjoy Blindside's weapon pack for Anomaly, very slick animations. hopefully they get to the rest of the guns because woo boy there are some very questionable animations in Anomaly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOsSky46sP4

This looks really good

nexus6 fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 26, 2021

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

New Stalker 2 Dev Diary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XnlzMGVX3I

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

:scrunt:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I thought the Freedom model they showed off was a Loner at first (no flecktarn camouflage)

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
teethi breeki

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
STALKER2 should really have Cheburashka or it's a huge misstep.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
After talking about it for literal years, I'm finally about to start Anomaly. First though, can someone critique my addons list and let me know if I'm missing anything vital:

Companions Disguise Fix
Dynamic Mutants 1.35
Blindside's Weapon Reanimation and Rebalance
Food, drug and drinks animations
JSRS Sound Mod 3.6
Soundscape Overhaul 3.0

Secondly, I'm not looking for some kind of ultra-hardcore, masochistic experience, I'm planning to play through the new story (which I hope will take me to every map though) and any interesting sidequests/some amount of generic ones for moneymaking purposes. Basically I'm looking for something closer to the original STALKER games rather than a full blown survival-sim. So what are some of the options I should use for a more "vanilla" experience? The game defaulted to Easy Difficulty/Tourist Progression, so is that actually closest or can I bump things up to Normal/Scavenger for the sake of my pride?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I downloaded a mod for Anomaly that adds lo-fi music to your PDA's play lists, and it's comfy walking around with your trusty Mosin Nagant while listening to lo-fi beats to wander The Zone to, especially on a foggy day.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Mordja posted:

After talking about it for literal years, I'm finally about to start Anomaly. First though, can someone critique my addons list and let me know if I'm missing anything vital:

Companions Disguise Fix
Dynamic Mutants 1.35
Blindside's Weapon Reanimation and Rebalance
Food, drug and drinks animations
JSRS Sound Mod 3.6
Soundscape Overhaul 3.0

Secondly, I'm not looking for some kind of ultra-hardcore, masochistic experience, I'm planning to play through the new story (which I hope will take me to every map though) and any interesting sidequests/some amount of generic ones for moneymaking purposes. Basically I'm looking for something closer to the original STALKER games rather than a full blown survival-sim. So what are some of the options I should use for a more "vanilla" experience? The game defaulted to Easy Difficulty/Tourist Progression, so is that actually closest or can I bump things up to Normal/Scavenger for the sake of my pride?

You can change most settings on the fly. I don't know if they've changed difficulty stuff since I last played, when it defaulted to some fairly tough settings, but it's not too bad to just jump in and play, and tweak from there. I was mostly able to get things set up how I wanted before leaving the swamps.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Ime things that mod sound can get real fucky, like someone opening up with an AK 2 feet from you sounding like a hushed whisper. But ymmv.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Hey, so I'm fairly novice with the series and am planning to start up Call of Pripyat soon here--I've been reading through the thread a bit and know that the first playthrough is recommended without mods, but I'm also fairly confident there won't be a second playthrough, so I'm really interested in what people personally consider their optimal loadout of mods. It can make it as hard or as weird as you like, I'm fine with whatever, but if I'm only gonna play it once what cool things would you want me to try?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more

Sab Sabbington posted:

Hey, so I'm fairly novice with the series and am planning to start up Call of Pripyat soon here--I've been reading through the thread a bit and know that the first playthrough is recommended without mods, but I'm also fairly confident there won't be a second playthrough, so I'm really interested in what people personally consider their optimal loadout of mods. It can make it as hard or as weird as you like, I'm fine with whatever, but if I'm only gonna play it once what cool things would you want me to try?

definitely use gunslinger. doesnt change gameplay but adds TONS of high-quality weapon/equipment animation