Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yo, this game dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
First daft punk now this :(

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Going to have to change the thread title, lol.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Absolute lmao.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
So how long until we get a tell all expose article about what went wrong?

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

I'll make the game if they want. I can't code or anything but you know, I'm available.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The people that pre-ordered that super special edition lmfao

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

I am glad I resisted the impulse to preorder this game.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i feel bad for my brother who gifted me this game.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

frajaq posted:

The people that pre-ordered that super special edition lmfao

I don't know, ordering the deluxe edition that does not include the game sounds pretty clever now.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I mean on Steam you can still refund it, I know I did.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

TTBF posted:

New Dev Update

:commissar:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I find that the best way to honour someone's efforts is to unceremoniously fire them

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
What a time to be alive.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Tunzie posted:

On their Discord, a Paradox guy is saying they can't talk about which dev is picking it up until all the legal details are sorted.

what decent dev studio would even touch this thing now

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

what decent dev studio would even touch this thing now

"Curses aren't real, fool" - Spiders, maybe? Harebrained Schemes? IDK.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Please don't be Cyanide please don't be Cyanide please God please let it not be Cyanide

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Nordick posted:

Please don't be Cyanide please don't be Cyanide please God please let it not be Cyanide

Well you've put that out into the universe now!

Also, comedy option: CDProjekt Red.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/year-end-report-2020/

quote:

At the same time as we have had a record year, the ongoing corona pandemic has, as mentioned before, had a mixed effect on our business. The inflow of new players was during the beginning of the pandemic high, which initially had a positive impact on our sales, but the increased player base also creates a long-term remaining value. At the same time, our studio organization in particular has found it difficult to maintain the usual production pace. We have therefore chosen to postpone several planned but not communicated releases to ensure the right quality, which postpones the release dates during 2021. For us, it is crucial that our games are well received by the players, so we always choose, if possible, to give our development studios the time required to achieve our quality goals.

This also affects the development of Vampire: the Masquerade – Bloodlines 2, where we communicated a delay during the third quarter of 2020. We have now chosen to postpone the release of the game further, and we will not be launching the game in 2021. We have also decided that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2, and we have started a collaboration with a new studio partner to finish work on the game. This has been a difficult decision, but we are convinced that it is the right way forward to do the game justice.

So it's not just Bloodlines 2, sounds like many internal Paradox games are getting big delays as a result of COVID.

They also say elsewhere in the report there was one unannounced Paradox game project that got cancelled to allocate resources to other things.

Since Hardsuit Labs is mostly a porting studio, this will probably mean big layoffs.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Just remake the original or pay the dudes who made coteries of new York so they can put images on that vampire driver game. What a loving mess

Comedy option: vampires 2 Made by Cdpr

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Feb 23, 2021

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

World of Darkness is a cursed brand, which is very thematically fitting, I guess.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Lmao I love this trainwreck

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

ErrEff posted:

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/year-end-report-2020/

So it's not just Bloodlines 2, sounds like many internal Paradox games are getting big delays as a result of COVID.

They also say elsewhere in the report there was one unannounced Paradox game project that got cancelled to allocate resources to other things.

Since Hardsuit Labs is mostly a porting studio, this will probably mean big layoffs.

Covid or not, studios (particularly once they reach Paradox's size) always have projects in pre-production that are getting cancelled before they reach the light of day. That's just the nature of the business.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Left field option: partner with Microsoft and give it to Obsidian with support from Arkane.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Still less of a disastrous development than Bloollines 1 so that's the old title now, right

:v:

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Randallteal posted:

"Curses aren't real, fool" - Spiders, maybe? Harebrained Schemes? IDK.

Harebrained did great with Shadowrun, I think they'd be a good choice for a WoD game, if they got to do it in their style of game.

GhostDog posted:

Left field option: partner with Microsoft and give it to Obsidian with support from Arkane.

Arkane doing Bloodlines is basically my dream game. I am 110% on board with Vampire Dishonored.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Angry Lobster posted:

What a time to be alive.

-a sentiment this project can no longer express

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

GhostDog posted:

This would be the best outcome.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

:hmbol: what a shitshow

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Lol for paradox making my dumb hopeposting even more loving dumb.

Give it to hairbrained schemes or something or just kill it.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
lumo

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

McSpanky posted:

-a sentiment this project can no longer express

:smith:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Game about undead.

Ironically dies.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

GhostDog posted:

I think both halves of Arkane are currently booked out, between Deathloop (and its inevitable DLC) over in Lyon and an unannounced fantasy game over in Austin.

Obsidian's just wrapping up the Outer Worlds DLC, but they're also juggling Grounded's Early Access run and a first-person fantasy RPG they teased last year called Avowed. I'm not sure how much more bandwidth they have left to spare, even discounting any unannounced stuff they have in the cards.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Dross posted:

I am glad I resisted the impulse to preorder this game.
Never pre-order

No exceptions

Especially not for an IP with an actual Antediluvian curse on it :drac:

Zephro fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Feb 23, 2021

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I kinda feel like this is a good thing. There were massive signs that the project was in trouble for a while, so scrapping the team and starting back at whatever level they need to in order to turn it around is better than releasing a lovely game imo. Obviously this doesn't guarantee a good game any more than the original announcement did, and it could be that Paradox is as in over their heads as Hardsuit Labs was with this, but it shows that they're seriously invested in quality control on some level.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Sinteres posted:

I kinda feel like this is a good thing. There were massive signs that the project was in trouble for a while, so scrapping the team and starting back at whatever level they need to in order to turn it around is better than releasing a lovely game imo. Obviously this doesn't guarantee a good game any more than the original announcement did, and it could be that Paradox is as in over their heads as Hardsuit Labs was with this, but it shows that they're seriously invested in quality control on some level.

Yeah. This is my take too. Is it a good sign? No. But it’s also no more dead than it was, especially in a rather unique past year or so.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I’m fairly certain it’s still coming out; my main concern is them pushing it back another year. I have this superstition that, since I turned 40 in December, it’s only a matter of time before a bit flips and I start referring to all games as “The Nintendo” with derision, then shortly thereafter die of a stroke.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alright, I guess this, Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 are the trifecta of "never gonna happen" games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious frankie posted:

I’m fairly certain it’s still coming out; my main concern is them pushing it back another year. I have this superstition that, since I turned 40 in December, it’s only a matter of time before a bit flips and I start referring to all games as “The Nintendo” with derision, then shortly thereafter die of a stroke.

I'm terrified what Millennials are going to be like when they reach Medicare age.