Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Yeah I’m not misunderstanding the central conceit. just finding some of the elements (flavour text, story, combat) underwhelming

You've never had a desk job, huh?

The interesting and horrifying bits of Control are extremely rooted in a specific culture that won't make any sense if you've never been there. There's nothing wrong with that, mind! Just that you can really easily tell some lived experiences of the players by how close to home the world building of Control hits.

If that suspicion is correct, count yourself lucky. No one need have any sort of terrible experience for any reason. It doesn't build character and it doesn't make you stronger. It just sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

My biggest complaint about Control so far is that they aggressively do not want me to be able to see anything. Half of the game looks like you're viewing it through a glass of blue kool-aid, and the other half looks like you're viewing it through a glass of red kool-aid.

And then, when you are low on health, they cover the entire screen with a translucent filter so you're pretty much dead when your health gets low since you can't see. The result of this is that I never had any close calls with bosses. I either destroyed them or they destroyed me.

Also every boss has minions helping them out, which I though was universally hated by everyone.

Overall, I like it enough. I'll finish it. It's interesting. They have a good base game here that they just tacked a bunch of annoying poo poo onto for some reason.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
A lot of the appeal of Control hinges on - and I guess this is kind of thematically perfect - how much you want to believe in this world, and how willing you are to do just enough mental abstraction to be able to roll with everything without having to ask questions like "why in this ridiculous magical agency does us becoming Director change the portraits on the walls and cause everyone to immediately know who we are but not unredact the documents for the eyes of the one person who's definitely cleared to know alll this?". The game leans heavily into redaction as a means to avoid having to do extra writing work, and you can go along with it, or you can not. I'll grant, there's an art to getting that kind of humour to work - like all comedy, it's a matter of timing and rhythm in a document - and they're very good at it, but there's really only one kind of style to any of these things, and once you've seen the first document that's like "On _____________________________ manifest ___________________ shark ________________________________________________ by _________________. Shoot to kill" you've basically seen every document in the game. There isn't any really considered justification of exactly who knows what about what and who's cleared to know what, there's just a general pervasive atmosphere of the higher ups being extremely bumbling and extremely secretive, which is all justified, but still obviously very one note. The volume of the documents is really more of a meaningful part of the setting than anything actually in the documents. Hell, the most interesting documents in the game are the ones that are just memos between folks, and even that would have worked equally well in basically any other office setting. "Please turn in your [numbers] forms by close of business". "House shifts do not qualify you for overtime". "Remember, she's turning FORTY". Haha, middle managers.

The far more worthwhile menu subection is the multimedia, presentations, and Hotline calls, the ones that home in on Trench and Darling as the ridiculous and yet utterly sympathetic characters that this place turns people into, the ones that bother to acknowledge that this is a building full of decicated people putting their lives on the line to do a dangerous job for the public good, coming to grips with their inability to make sense out of any of the ridiculous poo poo they deal with, and collecting a paycheck and benefits and going home. Also whatever the gently caress Threshold Kids is.

(E: I am well aware of what Threshold Kids actually is, or at least, what the plan was and why it exists, but, well, that's not really the entirety of what the gently caress accounted for, is it.)

Fedule fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Feb 23, 2021

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

youre like completely validating my suspicions

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Fenyx Rising has not been grabbing me as of yet. It does strike me as the kind of game that gets better once you get some upgrades under your belt though.

The comparisons to BotW are not in Fenyx's favor, it's true they're different types of games though. In BotW the shrines are all puzzles but the act of actually reaching them can be super varied and interesting. The equivalent in Fenyx are just kind of...there. That strikes me as the "Ubisoft touch" though, the gameplay is all in these super accessible, sectioned off portions. There's no urge to explore or get sidetracked because you're always just heading from one POI to the next.

I dunno I think I just need to swear off these open-world Ubisoft games.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

JBP posted:

Yeah if the Lynch-lite stuff and the story in Control isn't exciting then it's a pretty bog standard game.

I feel like I'm pretty primed to like the setting and the writing. I enjoy the absurd and extra-dimensional entities and such are my kind of sci-fi.

But if I only have like an hour a day to play the game, I can either try and attack one of the missions or meander and read flavor text and only get halfway through a mission. And then even when I do skip the flavor text for the mission, it rarely feels like I accomplished anything. Like if I sit back and ask myself, "Did you just have fun doing that?" the answer is invariably no.

Bust Rodd posted:

If you think the fights take too long while backtracking... just run past them?

See that kind of bugs me. I'm also in the process of abandoning AC: Valhalla before finishing it because it's too drat long. But in that game I would never miss the opportunity to down a group of randoms that attacks me between missions. The core gameplay loop is just fun.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I had a very different experience, I would get distracted all the time but an epic chest puzzle I would come across, or on my way to an objective look at my map and say "I could take a longer route and hit all these points".

I would say definitely unlock the base god powers and do the bird quest as soon as you can.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I had a very different experience, I would get distracted all the time but an epic chest puzzle I would come across, or on my way to an objective look at my map and say "I could take a longer route and hit all these points".

I would say definitely unlock the base god powers and do the bird quest as soon as you can.

Ok good to know, I think the game would be more fun if the traversal was a lot faster and more satisfying. Like the default glide feels sooo slow.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Casnorf posted:

You've never had a desk job, huh?

The interesting and horrifying bits of Control are extremely rooted in a specific culture that won't make any sense if you've never been there. There's nothing wrong with that, mind! Just that you can really easily tell some lived experiences of the players by how close to home the world building of Control hits.
Sorry, man, but I just don't believe that at all. Video games just aren't written specifically with people who have at some point had bureaucratic desk jobs in mind. The writing in Control is rooted in pop-culture caricature of real desk jobs that should be (and are) easily accessible to anyone who has ever been exposed to that kind of thing through cultural osmosis even in passing. I mean, I'm not even American and I had no problem following nearly all it.

It's just that not all of it is really that clever or funny. They can't all be that memorandum by the guy who wants his workplace shitter back.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

PantsBandit posted:

Ok good to know, I think the game would be more fun if the traversal was a lot faster and more satisfying. Like the default glide feels sooo slow.

There is a cheap god power that adds a dash to the glide. But also are you using horses? You can instantly summon then almost anywhere

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Cardiovorax posted:

Sorry, man, but I just don't believe that at all.

If you don't enjoy a game, then stop playing it :shrug:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

There is a cheap god power that adds a dash to the glide. But also are you using horses? You can instantly summon then almost anywhere

Not yet, I know it's possible to get a mount but it hasn't been tutorialized and when I ran up to one I didn't get a prompt or anything. Guess I should just look it up.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Sentient Data posted:

If you don't enjoy a game, then stop playing it :shrug:
Did you even read that post? Because I didn't say I don't enjoy it - hell, I must've 30 hours into that game - just that I can't believe it's really written with the experiences of people who have had real desk jobs in mind.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's not even really about desk jobs, but bureaucracy, which you can experience without ever being employed by one. The game makes it literal how navigating through a bureaucracy is a nonsensical and never-ending maze.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Control is not attempting to offer a realistic depiction of office culture, but to highlight its various absurdities in a way that reveal the weirdness and irrationality of bureaucratic institutions altogether. See also: Brazil, Dr. Strangelove, The Crimson Permanent Assurance, etc.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Not many details yet but a successor to PSVR is confirmed.

Will have new controllers to replace the Move wands and will connect with a single cord to the PS5.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Apparently they are making a new VR system for PS5

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/23/introducing-the-next-generation-of-vr-on-playstation/

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Lobok posted:

It's not even really about desk jobs, but bureaucracy, which you can experience without ever being employed by one. The game makes it literal how navigating through a bureaucracy is a nonsensical and never-ending maze.

exquisite tea posted:

Control is not attempting to offer a realistic depiction of office culture, but to highlight its various absurdities in a way that reveal the weirdness and irrationality of bureaucratic institutions altogether. See also: Brazil, Dr. Strangelove, The Crimson Permanent Assurance, etc.
Yeah, I completely agree with that, which is why I really don't think you can put it down to someone lacking the necessary kind of life experiences if it just fails to land for them.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

PantsBandit posted:

Fenyx Rising has not been grabbing me as of yet. It does strike me as the kind of game that gets better once you get some upgrades under your belt though.

The comparisons to BotW are not in Fenyx's favor, it's true they're different types of games though. In BotW the shrines are all puzzles but the act of actually reaching them can be super varied and interesting. The equivalent in Fenyx are just kind of...there. That strikes me as the "Ubisoft touch" though, the gameplay is all in these super accessible, sectioned off portions. There's no urge to explore or get sidetracked because you're always just heading from one POI to the next.

I dunno I think I just need to swear off these open-world Ubisoft games.
I'm really enjoying it so far. I've currently 100%ed the first two zones (including the starting island), just starting on the third. Not sure if that's the appropriate tack to take in case I peter out and don't actually finish it, but it's hard to just ignore those icons beckoning me. I think the reason I like it so much is that while it is totally an Ubisoft game at heart, it's a distillation of the Ubisoft icon spam style down to its purest essence with none of the fluff. It's like the kind of game that the Ubisoft formula was truly designed for, without all the GTA-lite cinematic story stuff that always feels at odds with the open world, where you have to decide between pursuing your actual goal and just meandering around helping people find their horse or something.

Agreed that the exploration aspect is not its strong suit, although some stuff like the palaces are quite fun to explore, and you have to do it anyway to do the constellation puzzles.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

If there's stuff you're not seeing because you don't have the context to understand the cut, it's not a failing on your part. You, my friend, are describing the outside-looking-in perspective of enjoying the worldbuilding of Control, and I'm just pointing out that there's another lived experience layer of cuts that can resonate really strongly if you recognize it. A shared pain, as it were.

Consider the shitter: it's absurd on the face of it, but even more it's absurd he won't just dump in the ones you can get to given the nature of The Oldest House. The cut isn't in that gag, but the casual presumptive manner of his complaint, like The Board gives a flying gently caress what he thinks, but he is absolutely confident his complaint matters in any way to anyone but himself. We've all met that guy. He won't drop trou just anywhere. He grinded away to earn that bathroom so for gently caress's sake that's where he goes. We know him without ever having met him, through one line of throwaway text buried in a game about creepyweirdness. That's a fairly straightforward example but when I'm talking about there being more there that it's tough to just describe if you have only ever seen the other side this is kind of a start.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Volte posted:

I'm really enjoying it so far. I've currently 100%ed the first two zones (including the starting island), just starting on the third. Not sure if that's the appropriate tack to take in case I peter out and don't actually finish it, but it's hard to just ignore those icons beckoning me. I think the reason I like it so much is that while it is totally an Ubisoft game at heart, it's a distillation of the Ubisoft icon spam style down to its purest essence with none of the fluff. It's like the kind of game that the Ubisoft formula was truly designed for, without all the GTA-lite cinematic story stuff that always feels at odds with the open world, where you have to decide between pursuing your actual goal and just meandering around helping people find their horse or something.

Agreed that the exploration aspect is not its strong suit, although some stuff like the palaces are quite fun to explore, and you have to do it anyway to do the constellation puzzles.

How do you know you 100%ed those zones btw? I've Platinumed but I need like 11 more unique armor pieces and I will have 100%ed the ubisoft uplay challenges or whatever they call it, but I have no idea where I am missing any more epic chests or vaults. I figure I'm so close to 100% on the game I may as well finish it off but I've been scanning the map from lots of vantage points and not funding anything new.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The Human Crouton posted:

Also every boss has minions helping them out, which I though was universally hated by everyone.

It is pretty lovely boss design. I was able to tolerate it until the final boss of the foundation DLC which just got ridiculous with the enemy spam. I had avoided turning on assist mode until that point but by then I was burning out and just wanted to be done with the game.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I found that turning on the 1-hit kills take away a lot of the tedium between going from place to place in Control.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

univbee posted:

Not many details yet but a successor to PSVR is confirmed.

Will have new controllers to replace the Move wands and will connect with a single cord to the PS5.

I never got to use the PSVR, what improvements do you both think they would be going for with this one? I'm not very familiar with VR at all honestly like is it just a thing where the resolution and framerate gets better with a better headset?

IIRC the PSVR only works on the PS4 and not on your PC unless you want to watch VR movies, was that real? Would the PS5 one be expected to do the same?

I don't know, every time a new VR headset is announced I'm sort of interested in it but the $$$ is always a bit too much for me for what it seems like.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

How do you know you 100%ed those zones btw? I've Platinumed but I need like 11 more unique armor pieces and I will have 100%ed the ubisoft uplay challenges or whatever they call it, but I have no idea where I am missing any more epic chests or vaults. I figure I'm so close to 100% on the game I may as well finish it off but I've been scanning the map from lots of vantage points and not funding anything new.
I guess I don't know that I 100%ed it per se, I just did every icon that I have uncovered and I went over it pretty thoroughly with the far sight and didn't uncover anything new. I kind of wish that there was some kind of mission you could do in each area that would just plop everything onto your map because having to scan the horizon is kind of tedious.

I haven't actually checked the Ubisoft challenges becasue it takes like 30 seconds to open the dumb subscreen.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Neo Rasa posted:

I never got to use the PSVR, what improvements do you both think they would be going for with this one? I'm not very familiar with VR at all honestly like is it just a thing where the resolution and framerate gets better with a better headset?

IIRC the PSVR only works on the PS4 and not on your PC unless you want to watch VR movies, was that real? Would the PS5 one be expected to do the same?

I don't know, every time a new VR headset is announced I'm sort of interested in it but the $$$ is always a bit too much for me for what it seems like.

The blog mentions a new VR controller, which I took to mean something separate from the new headset. The previous PSVR relied on the PS camera detecting the controller backlights, and the DualSense doesn't have backlights, so I imagine there's going to be some more purpose-built solution in a more purpose-built controller this time around.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

The PSVR headset has a low resolution, so games are noticeably pixelated (for reference you can't really suss out pixels on the Oculus Rift which is only a tiny bit higher res I think).

The Move controllers are PS3-era technology and do a poor job of accurate tracking compared to competing solutions.

It's got Kinect-style issues where it's really sensitive to being placed accurately and can lose track of you in certain situations.

It doesn't support 360 degree movement, only 180.

The hookups could be simplified (which they are doing), although it's still better than most PC solutions.

It's a reasonable assumption that the PSVR2 would again only be PlayStation-compatible. PC support even for actual PC headsets is a big mess with fragmented exclusivity deals and general compatibility stuff where I think only the Vive supports absolutely everything, or at least everything that matters.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Volte posted:

I guess I don't know that I 100%ed it per se, I just did every icon that I have uncovered and I went over it pretty thoroughly with the far sight and didn't uncover anything new. I kind of wish that there was some kind of mission you could do in each area that would just plop everything onto your map because having to scan the horizon is kind of tedious.

I haven't actually checked the Ubisoft challenges becasue it takes like 30 seconds to open the dumb subscreen.

You should check it occasionally because they give you rewards for random daily and weekly challenges I didn't even realize I was doing. I checked it after I Platinumed and saw I had like a ten lightning bolts, dozens of gold seeds and charon coins and a bunch of adamantine shards just banked up waiting for me to take, which would have helped me finish the game a lot faster.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Cardiovorax posted:

Sorry, man, but I just don't believe that at all. Video games just aren't written specifically with people who have at some point had bureaucratic desk jobs in mind. The writing in Control is rooted in pop-culture caricature of real desk jobs that should be (and are) easily accessible to anyone who has ever been exposed to that kind of thing through cultural osmosis even in passing. I mean, I'm not even American and I had no problem following nearly all it.

It's just that not all of it is really that clever or funny. They can't all be that memorandum by the guy who wants his workplace shitter back.

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, I completely agree with that, which is why I really don't think you can put it down to someone lacking the necessary kind of life experiences if it just fails to land for them.

This is just a rehash of the "Watching an LP of a video game is the same thing as playing a video game and therefore I can offer my critique of a game exactly as if I HAD played it and my critique is just as valid" but through a different lens. Your position is, or seems to be from your posts, "I have never participated in this kind of work environment, and parts of the game aren't landing for me, but I fully wholesale reject the notion that these two things are related" and all the people with a deeply intimate understanding of these blatantly academic and bureaucratic pastiches are saying "it really seems like those are the parts that aren't resonating with you" and your response is just "No it's the GAME'S fault these things aren't resonating with me!"

One thing I've really enjoyed on my 3rd Control playthrough is while the office job tones were extremely obvious to me on my first few plays, the game is equally critical and hostile towards academia and the various scientists in the game absolutely represent the very worst and most annoying archetypes one might find in the research lab after hours.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I feel really bad for the guy who had to take apart an entire plane and test every single part of it to try to find an altered item because some shmuck in a lab suit needed it done. I feel for ya, buddy.

I spent the entire of last week playing it and all the DLC. Plat'd it all again. It's one of my favorite games of that generation and my favorite Remedy game, despite liking the influences Alan Wake drew from more.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gt7 delayed to 2022
Days gone on pc this spring with more titles to follow

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I had no idea GT7 was supposed to be 2021 in the first place.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

univbee posted:

The PSVR headset has a low resolution, so games are noticeably pixelated (for reference you can't really suss out pixels on the Oculus Rift which is only a tiny bit higher res I think).

The Move controllers are PS3-era technology and do a poor job of accurate tracking compared to competing solutions.

It's got Kinect-style issues where it's really sensitive to being placed accurately and can lose track of you in certain situations.

It doesn't support 360 degree movement, only 180.

The hookups could be simplified (which they are doing), although it's still better than most PC solutions.

It's a reasonable assumption that the PSVR2 would again only be PlayStation-compatible. PC support even for actual PC headsets is a big mess with fragmented exclusivity deals and general compatibility stuff where I think only the Vive supports absolutely everything, or at least everything that matters.

Yeah, as a PSVR owner, this was 100% necessary. They need to do a better job making the experience friction-less in terms of setup and staying in the game. You have to pretty constantly reset your orientation to the camera with the current gen PSVR and the Moves love to drift on you. I'm pretty on the fence about getting the new one, but I guess it comes down to how it's supported. You had games like Superhot which felt like they were literally rewriting your brain and super immersive to the point of being unplayably scary like Resident Evil 7. Then you had a tooooon of cheap, low-res gimmick games.

I don't know whether this is true about VR more generally or the PSVR specifically, but I drifted away from it because it kind of felt like work. I fire up games after a day of work to blow off some steam and relax while smart game designers trick my brain into thinking I am accomplishing things. Putting on a VR headset and being transported to Skyrim or whatever isn't relaxing at all. In fact, stressing you out or putting you on edge is almost the strongest indicator that you've been successfully immersed. Always felt at cross purposes to me.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

This is just a rehash of the "Watching an LP of a video game is the same thing as playing a video game and therefore I can offer my critique of a game exactly as if I HAD played it and my critique is just as valid" but through a different lens. Your position is, or seems to be from your posts, "I have never participated in this kind of work environment, and parts of the game aren't landing for me, but I fully wholesale reject the notion that these two things are related" and all the people with a deeply intimate understanding of these blatantly academic and bureaucratic pastiches are saying "it really seems like those are the parts that aren't resonating with you" and your response is just "No it's the GAME'S fault these things aren't resonating with me!"
And it seems to me that you're rehashing the much, much older internet argument of "if you disagree with me, you clearly just don't understand what I'm talking about" because yeah I'm very familiar with academic environments from long experience of studying and working in one, and I'm still not really seeing how that's necessary at all to get the most out of the caricatures of it that the game presents. Could it make some of those things slightly more funny if you're intimately familiar with them? Maybe. But if you're not enjoying the writing, it's not because you aren't familiar with them.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 23, 2021

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
more games to pc is gonna be funny when none of them start with B.

give me full bc jim, its the one thing you havent bothered going toe to toe with ms yet.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i'd be pretty copacetic working a desk in the FBC, ever-present threat of fate worse than/death notwithstanding

good job security, relaxed corporate culture, no end of amusing workplace anecdotes, fire drills must be a laugh riot

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Human Crouton posted:

My biggest complaint about Control so far is that they aggressively do not want me to be able to see anything. Half of the game looks like you're viewing it through a glass of blue kool-aid, and the other half looks like you're viewing it through a glass of red kool-aid.

And then, when you are low on health, they cover the entire screen with a translucent filter so you're pretty much dead when your health gets low since you can't see. The result of this is that I never had any close calls with bosses. I either destroyed them or they destroyed me.

I don't mind the earlier stuff but making you whole screen red when you are low on health and not having it fade out after a couple of seconds in a game without recharging health is a cardinal sin imo and I hated it too. Resident Evil revelations 2 was also like this and I would go through these literal half hour stints of being unable to find health, therefore totally unable to see anything going on. Control is less egregious because after a fight you recharge a little bit and there are usually health pickups lying around, but it's still enough to ruin a fight because you cant see poo poo at low health.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Chad Sexington posted:

Yeah, as a PSVR owner, this was 100% necessary. They need to do a better job making the experience friction-less in terms of setup and staying in the game. You have to pretty constantly reset your orientation to the camera with the current gen PSVR and the Moves love to drift on you. I'm pretty on the fence about getting the new one, but I guess it comes down to how it's supported. You had games like Superhot which felt like they were literally rewriting your brain and super immersive to the point of being unplayably scary like Resident Evil 7. Then you had a tooooon of cheap, low-res gimmick games.

I don't know whether this is true about VR more generally or the PSVR specifically, but I drifted away from it because it kind of felt like work. I fire up games after a day of work to blow off some steam and relax while smart game designers trick my brain into thinking I am accomplishing things. Putting on a VR headset and being transported to Skyrim or whatever isn't relaxing at all. In fact, stressing you out or putting you on edge is almost the strongest indicator that you've been successfully immersed. Always felt at cross purposes to me.

Big same for me. It's effort to set up and then using it tires me out. I haven't pulled my PSVR out of its cabinet in at least a year. I'm only buying PSVR2 if it's at a similarly low price point and has a less finicky tracking system. I take it as a good sign that they're not going wireless, I don't mind a USB-C cable but I absolutely would mind the cost and/or reliability issues of a wireless connection. If they keep making pragmatic tradeoffs like that then they might end up with a headset I would want.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

elf help book posted:

I had no idea GT7 was supposed to be 2021 in the first place.

They said first half of 2021 for r&c, returnal, and gt7 in a commercial like 3 months ago iirc. That studio loves delays tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
"Introducing next gen VR" without a single picture?