Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back

Protagorean posted:

thinking abt the movie where they just logic Thanos into doubling the resources in the universe instead

thanos clicks and everybody shrinks to half their size

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Fingerless Gloves posted:

make everyone ant-man sized like that melancholic matt damon movie

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
About the kids

Did everyone on the internet miss that the boys were getting younger as the episode went on?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

About the kids

Did everyone on the internet miss that the boys were getting younger as the episode went on?

What?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
How old are they in the Halloween episode? 8? 10?

By the end of the recent episode, they're watching Yo Gabba Gabba and look 5 or 6.

I think the everything going backwards/rewind thing was happening to them.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

By the end of the recent episode, they're watching Yo Gabba Gabba and look 5 or 6.

They're played by the same actors in both the Halloween episode and the recent episode, they look the exact same. If they were meant to look younger, they would've used the younger actors from episode 5.

Andrew Verse fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Feb 23, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

yeah that... simply did not happen, as far as i can tell

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Desperado Bones posted:

Although I was half joking, half serious, I like to imagine there were paparazzi camping near the avengers headquarters hoping for some pics of hot superheroes.

This has been an actual plot-line in the comic universe, though it's the Fantastic Four, not the Avengers

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I guess I have age blindness, idk

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Whoever pointed out that one of the lads was in Haunting of Hill House, thank you for the reminder to rewatch. He was such a cute kid back then

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sloth Life posted:

Whoever pointed out that one of the lads was in Haunting of Hill House, thank you for the reminder to rewatch. He was such a cute kid back then

Oh god, he was the kid in Colour out of Space too. :stonk:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

The_Doctor posted:

Oh god, he was the kid in Colour out of Space too. :stonk:

Killmonger was that kid from The Wire.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Killmonger was that kid from The Wire.

Holy poo poo

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Desperado Bones posted:

I was thinking this, everyone should have some degree of super powers by now.

-Monica has been through the wall three times now, which is twice more than anyone else.
-She may have already had something weird going on, given that her reaction to the x-ray scan not working was basically 'don't worry about that'.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Spacebump posted:

Whoever has access to it could have edited the footage to be a propaganda film with only the best clips of heroes

I wonder if in the MCU, crazy alt right people believe the battle and Thanos were fake. They might claim the all female bit is clear proof. Tony Stark is at the heart of the conspiracy theory instead of Bill Gates. They could blame him for half the people disappearing.

In Squirrel Girl they had this guy that was a super hero truther that believed it was all faked.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Fingerless Gloves posted:

I liked how the Comics dealt with it by having people merged. Then you get Moon Knight/Spider-Man.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

It was sort of dumb that 8-10 year olds were watching Yo Gabba Gabba, but I'd chalk that up to the writers not having a good sense of what 10 year olds would watch (or someone wanted to just include a reference and didn't care about how realistic it was).

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

enki42 posted:

It was sort of dumb that 8-10 year olds were watching Yo Gabba Gabba, but I'd chalk that up to the writers not having a good sense of what 10 year olds would watch (or someone wanted to just include a reference and didn't care about how realistic it was).

It could also be handwaved away as Agnus/Agatha not liking children (remember, she DID biter a child once) just not knowing what kids of that age watch.

"Your kids, right? You like kid shows? Here, watch this."

Sivart13 posted:

Having more stuff explicitly deal with the consequences of the snap/blip makes me excited. Kind of like when it seemed like the Netflix marvel series were going to deal a bit with the aftermath of the Battle of New York (but instead only made the slightest passing references to other events outside of the show)
I just thought up a dumb analogy for "but why not twice the resources?" never sat well with me.

As far as I can tell, the only aftermath the Netflix series' showed was that it allowed Hell's Kitchen, and possibly other areas of NYC, to transition back to the gritty, crime-filled neighborhood it was in the 70's/80's that every loving NY writer fetishizes over, even if they were too young to actually remember/experience it.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 23, 2021

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

He's not a robot. He's a synthoid, you racist.

They made an entire universe where everyone was a zombie and wanted to include Vision, so they said "gently caress it. Vision can be a zombie" for ~*reasons*~

Also, the Zombie universe is identical to ours in every way except for two:

1) Zombies exist
2) In this reality, Captain America was promoted three additional times compared to his normal reality and is "Colonel America"

The reason for why a Zombie virus would change nothing except Captain America's career ladder is never explained.

This is hilarious. Thank you for sharing it the way you did.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

fractalairduct posted:

-Monica has been through the wall three times now, which is twice more than anyone else.
-She may have already had something weird going on, given that her reaction to the x-ray scan not working was basically 'don't worry about that'.

Still can’t get over that Monica’s reaction to Darcy’s warning about going through the hex again was, “Don’t talk to me about lab results, my mother had cancer!”

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Rappaport posted:

This has been an actual plot-line in the comic universe, though it's the Fantastic Four, not the Avengers

Lol, I remember when the artist & writer of that issue (he was doing both at the time) got super incensed about a newer issue speculating about a character's sex life. When someone pointed out that he had done the same thing (and had gone farther than the book he was mad about) Byrne banned him from his forum.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

McSpanky posted:

It really isn't worth thinking about Thanos' plan realistically, because realistically wiping out half of all life on Earth and then bringing it back five years later wouldn't be the mild-to-moderate inconvenience the MCU portrays, it would be an extinction-level event that humanity would be lucky to survive with some fraction of post-industrial civilization intact.

At least since bringing everyone back involved ultimate space magic you can imagine "and also Tony accounted for all the bad things like

Steve Yun posted:

If an airplane crashes because the pilots disappeared

Do the people who blipped back reappear where the plane crashed or do they reappear 30,000 feet in the air

and resource related problems and productivity concerns and made sure they'd all be covered magically."

Like, Thanos obviously didn't care, which is why they go out of their way to portray things like plane crashes in the wake of his snap, but Tony would.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

enki42 posted:

Please sign my petition requesting Broby be in the next Avengers movie as a superhero.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I wonder how long it'll be before the MCU dips into the Marvel Zombies water.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

The_Doctor posted:

I wonder how long it'll be before the MCU dips into the Marvel Zombies water.

There are zombies in the What If...? trailers.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Umbra Dubium posted:

There are zombies in the What If...? trailers.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Not long, then.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

For some reason I didn't expect so much of the costume to be real.

https://i.imgur.com/NBXUAPJ.mp4

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Sanguinia posted:

At least since bringing everyone back involved ultimate space magic you can imagine "and also Tony accounted for all the bad things like

and resource related problems and productivity concerns and made sure they'd all be covered magically."

Like, Thanos obviously didn't care, which is why they go out of their way to portray things like plane crashes in the wake of his snap, but Tony would.

I assume that Banner's thought was everyone who was directly killed or taken away by the blip is brought back safely and closely as possible to their old lives.

Also, Thanos could of wished for INFINITE resources since Infinity Stones are magic anyways but he is a bad person so that is why he picked the other route. Like, I wish they had shown that he was kinda of insane before Titan went under because then his whole motive would of been clearer.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Mooseontheloose posted:

Like, I wish they had shown that he was kinda of insane before Titan went under because then his whole motive would of been clearer.
You may be in luck there. The Eternals movie is coming in November, if it's not delayed again. The Eternals are a group of immortal beings from various worlds, and the movie is presumably going to have a lot of scenes set in the past, to set up their various conflicts and show who the characters have been over a few thousand years of history. Thanos was an Eternal, at least in the comics. His Dad, the Eternal A'lars, was even name-dropped by Red Skull when he and Gamora went to go get the soul stone. I'd think that Thanos making an appearance in Eternals, in scenes set in their past, would be pretty likely.

I'm hoping we see Thanos in the past, and he's just an awful goth teen.

"Oh, you're Thanos, son of A'lars? Nice to meet you. So what kind of things are you into?"
"I'm into Death, and only Death. She's my one true love, and someday she will love me back."
"Um... that's... er... nice?"

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Feb 23, 2021

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

This might be a stretch to think they planned this out in advance, but someone pointed out on Twitter that there might be a Doctor Strange connection to Wandavision.

- In Doctor Strange, when he goes to the "forbidden" section of the library there are two books missing. The one Kaecilius took and an unidentified second blank spot.
- The books in the forbidden section are stored on hexagonal mantles.
- The book in Agatha's basement looks like one of the forbidden books from Doctor Strange.
- The forbidden books in Doctor Strange all have some kind of symbol or decoration on the front without any text and Agatha's book also has a symbol in the same style with no text or title.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

fractalairduct posted:

Yeah, that thing about her not worrying was odd.
If they go by the "everyone in the hex that comes in and out gets powered up", then there's a chance a lot of people get mild superpowers once they are freed. Like someone pointed out Darcy getting super strength. Perhaps just a bit, enough to break handcuffs.

But I dunno how much of that would be dumb or really bad writing :lol:

The_Doctor posted:

I hope we get to see the behind the cameras of blue face-Vision and all the tricks they have to use for the black and white episodes.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

This might be a stretch to think they planned this out in advance, but someone pointed out on Twitter that there might be a Doctor Strange connection to Wandavision.

- In Doctor Strange, when he goes to the "forbidden" section of the library there are two books missing. The one Kaecilius took and an unidentified second blank spot.
- The book in Agatha's basement looks like one of the forbidden books from Doctor Strange.
- The forbidden books in Doctor Strange all have some kind of symbol or decoration on the front without any text and Agatha's book also has a symbol in the same style with no text or title.

Not sure it'd be that much of a stretch tbh, Marvel has been pretty good about planning out at least the big story beats far in advance.

Doom2020!
Dec 31, 2020

If you think this has a happy ending then you really haven't been paying attention

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You can never have too many spikes

You joke but I had all those toys AND their bikes. Never enough spikes for single digit Doom in the 90s. I'm actually a bit terrified to see how horrible those comics are now.

He's not a robot. He's a synthoid, you racist.

They made an entire universe where everyone was a zombie and wanted to include Vision, so they said "gently caress it. Vision can be a zombie" for ~*reasons*~

Also, the Zombie universe is identical to ours in every way except for two:

1) Zombies exist
2) In this reality, Captain America was promoted three additional times compared to his normal reality and is "Colonel America"

The reason for why a Zombie virus would change nothing except Captain America's career ladder is never explained.

Those were ridiculous fun comics. I remember an issue where Zeds showed up in 616 Florida and had a super team to fight them made up of The Aquarian, The Conquistador and some other obscure b team heroes. Most of them got munched. What the heck am I half remembering?

I also half remember a comic from around that time where they weren't zombies but just mega rage barbarians like a watered down Crossed. Punisher was like the one guy not affected and he ended up hunting everyone down because he was already full of rage or some bollocks. I'm like the Spaulding Gray of shite comics.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ouhei posted:

Not sure it'd be that much of a stretch tbh, Marvel has been pretty good about planning out at least the big story beats far in advance.

Or at least setting up hooks and hints that are specific enough in nature but vague enough in purpose to be easily slotted into future plots.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

When they made the Zombies comic, some people were legitimately upset because the art style was very graphic and dark, but Marvel acknowledged how dumb it was in the actual fiction of the world and "weren't taking it seriously."

This is the actual canon explanation for why Vision can become a Zombie that some people got mad about.

quote:

In spite of being inorganic, he was somehow infected and zombified during the battle.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Yo Gabba Gabba on the TV was possibly foreshadowing to when they introduce The Aquabats into the MCU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The zombie virus was also introduced into that world by an alternate dimension-travelling Sentry, who was meant to be strongly implied to actually be a zombie Superman but they couldn't make it subtle enough.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Doctor Strange came out during the season of Agents of SHIELD with the Darkhold (and when the show still had some very loose ties to what was happening in the MCU), and I remember people pointing to the missing book in that scene as a possible connection then too

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The_Doctor posted:

This looks like he's pulling off a Paul Bettany mask to reveal a Vision face, and it's freaking me the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

thrawn527 posted:

This looks like he's pulling off a Paul Bettany mask to reveal a Vision face, and it's freaking me the gently caress out.

Excuse me, I think you'll find that's Ewan McGregor.