Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

the game in development is now not in development because we are getting a new developer but will be in development soon again!

GhostDog posted:

Left field option: partner with Microsoft and give it to Obsidian with support from Arkane.

Arkane doing World of Darkness games would be amazing, imo

edit: sniiiiipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

also friendly reminder

Zephro posted:

Never pre-order

No exceptions

Especially not for an IP with an actual Antediluvian curse on it :drac:

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Okay so maybe now it’s a bigger disaster than Bloodlines 1

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Well maybe now there will be a native third person view?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Bloodlines Forever!

mysterious frankie posted:

I have this superstition that, since I turned 40 in December, it’s only a matter of time before a bit flips and I start referring to all games as “The Nintendo” with derision, then shortly thereafter die of a stroke.
I don't think that will happen, but you'll most likely be going on and on about how much better games were back in the days. Also how difficult it was to get a hold of games you wanted and kids these days take online stores and instant downloading for granted etc. :v:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Kavak posted:

I'm terrified what Millennials are going to be like when they reach Medicare age.

Probably very grumpy, because they’ll still be waiting for Bloodlines 2 to come out.

Poil posted:

Bloodlines Forever!

I don't think that will happen, but you'll most likely be going on and on about how much better games were back in the days. Also how difficult it was to get a hold of games you wanted and kids these days take online stores and instant downloading for granted etc. :v:

Fortunately(?) I steadfastly dislike everything, so I have no good ol days.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Zeta Acosta posted:

Just remake the original or pay the dudes who made coteries of new York so they can put images on that vampire driver game. What a loving mess

Comedy option: vampires 2 Made by Cdpr
Give it to ZA/UM.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Give it to ZA/UM.

I want their Thought Cabinet artist/s on the next Wraith thing no matter what it is.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Conversation with THE BEAST, HUNGER, HUMANITY and THE MASQUERADE.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Too bad there won’t be a leaked alpha

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

El_Elegante posted:

Too bad there won’t be a leaked alpha

I wouldn't put money on that either way, honestly...

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Someone somewhere is offering Brian Mitsoda a lot of money* to come back and help out just to get SOME good press

*Not actually a lot of money

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Give it to ZA/UM.

TBF the whole make up of Vamp could work very well in that style.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Kuiperdolin posted:

Conversation with THE BEAST, HUNGER, HUMANITY and THE MASQUERADE.

THE HUNGER being the equivalent of Electrochemistry following you around and trying to get you to shove everything up your nose/bite every neck you see would be gold.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

disco elysium is actually a very good model to base tabletop settings off of if you're going the videogame route which is why it will never happen and also this game is dead so who cares

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

God, I can't even imagine just how dire things must have been to throw out the entire studio like that. At this point I'm half convinced they had nothing working beyond the demo they've shown.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Thread title was tempting fate

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Perestroika posted:

God, I can't even imagine just how dire things must have been to throw out the entire studio like that. At this point I'm half convinced they had nothing working beyond the demo they've shown.

Everything they showed was rear end so maybe this is for the better

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Reform Troika and let them finish the game.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

ZearothK posted:

Reform Troika and let them finish the game.

But they didn’t finish the first one!

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

So when do we update the thread name

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Has Paradox said when they're announcing a new developer or if that's even in the near future?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Just say gently caress it and bring in Deep Silver Volition to make Vampire's Row: Bloodlines.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Kavak posted:

Has Paradox said when they're announcing a new developer or if that's even in the near future?
Things in motion that can't be spoken of (allegedly). Presumably they learned a lesson after announcing Bloodlines 2 itself way way way way before they should have.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Not sure the thread title holds true anymore

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The game will now be a pro wrestling game where your play exclusively as David "Gangrel" Heath.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Angry Lobster posted:

Just say gently caress it and bring in Deep Silver Volition to make Vampire's Row: Bloodlines.

Freespace: the Masquerade :colbert:

Anyhow, I think Volition are an Embracer/THQ Nordic thing, and therefore Paradox's sworn mortal enemies and rivals in the Swedish Publisher Thunderdome.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I thought the E3 footage looked really rough but I never expected this. :laffo:

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Perestroika posted:

They have a new developer they are working out contracts with, supposedly. If that's true, they may have gotten someone who actually knows how to make a game to finish development. If it's not true, it's either dead or Cyanide, at which point the game would be better off dead.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GhostDog posted:

Left field option: partner with Microsoft and give it to Obsidian with support from Arkane.

i heard rumors microsoft is looking at buying paradox to make their PC market better. so maybe it will happen.

Perestroika posted:

all the biggish AA/smallish AAA studios are on loving fire

https://twitter.com/MckKirk/status/1364227881572978693

. CDPR had the same issues but managed to make a solid game still so i can't imagine how bad it is for these poor fuckers. i am curious to hear the horror stories that come out.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Angry Lobster posted:

Bloodlines: The Curse of Vampire's Cry, published by TopWare

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Edmund Lava posted:

Vampire: Bloodlines II - Okay so maybe now it’s a bigger disaster than Bloodlines 1

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Nearly every game studio the pay is way shitter then you get for programming in other sectors and a lot of people are noticing and leaving.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
A big part of the problem is game prices have been stuck at $60 for 20+ years

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

LionYeti posted:

Nearly every game studio the pay is way shitter then you get for programming in other sectors and a lot of people are noticing and leaving.
"Therefore, other sectors should reduce the pay to the level of game studios" - Some executive somewhere.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Zephro posted:

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

Says $60 in 1995 is $103 today, and that's only to keep up with inflation. The scope and workload for an AAA game has absolutely exploded since the days when Goldeneye was cutting edge

edit: and I bet the kind of super-aggressive discounting pioneered by steam means a lot sales happen at some fraction of RRP anyway

Zephro fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 23, 2021

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Zephro posted:

This is complete bullshit. The issue isn't that games don't make enough money, it's that the money they make doesn't go to the people who make them. Stop repeating Bobby Kotick rear end corporate propaganda.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Vince MechMahon posted:

This is complete bullshit. The issue isn't that games don't make enough money, it's that the money they make doesn't go to the people who make them. Stop repeating Bobby Kotick rear end corporate propaganda.
hm "Bobby Kotic rear end propaganda"; good argument

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

$60 almost never buys you a full game any more with requisite DLC, season passes, microtransactions etc.

And games are a billion dollar industry where all the money gets funneled up towards C suite executive assholes. The average customer does not need to pay more to ensure games are properly funded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

UnknownMercenary posted:

$60 almost never buys you a full game any more with requisite DLC, season passes, microtransactions etc.
Fair enough, that's true. Though I wonder what proportion of original buyers buy all the DLC. There's also all the $200 premium edition stuff that didn't exist back then too.

The fact is the RRP has roughly halved in real terms even as dev budgets have ballooned and team sizes have gone up by 1-2 orders of magnitude. Almost everything else I can think of has got more expensive since 1995, it would be odd if games being an exception somehow had no effect at all.

The Bobby Koticks of this world should certainly take a pay cut and spend it on paying devs more, but $40m is like $4,000 per A/B employee which I somehow don't think is enough to make up the pay differential with Microsoft by itself, and therefore doesn't seem like it would actually fix the problem.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 23, 2021