Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I will never tire of photos of Chris Brookes looking askance at his weird friends doing some bullshit

https://twitter.com/drewparker341/status/1359826243823181824

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1364100716667658245

Emi knows what's up

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/janelababy/status/1364056266855874569?s=21

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/1363901754132234241

More topics have been added to Dark Side of the Ring Season 3 (new ones in bold)

• Brian Pillman (season premiere, WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin interviewed)
  • FMW (Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling)
  • XPW (Xtreme Pro Wrestling)
  • Nick Gage
  • The Smith Family (Grizzly Smith and his children – Sam Houston, Rockin’ Robin, WWE Hall of Famer Jake Roberts)
  • Ion Croitoru (aka Bruiser Bedlam and Johnny K-9)
  • WCW/NJPW Collision In Korea event from 1995
  • Chris Kanyon
  • “The Dynamite Kid” Tom Billington

Five more topics to be announced plus there's a special on March 9th going behind the scenes with an interview with the creators

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

kanyon is gona be a very rough watch but I'm glad more people will know what a peice of poo poo dynamite kid was.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
On the plus side at least the Kanyon ep will teach more people about Taker being a douchebag

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Man, that Kanyon episode is going to destroy me but at the same time I'm excited for my partner to learn about him because he was always one of my favorites.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Kanyon was also one of my faves and it warms my heart every time Brian Cage makes a reference to him.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
If the Kanyon episode doesn't have half the show dedicated to his random Kanyon Cutters I will be p sad

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Saki Akai and Chris Brookes, a good illustration that was meant to be colored.

https://twitter.com/SakiAkai/status/1364228739928788992?s=20

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Someone in the Kanyon episode will claim that having him dress up as Boy George and sing Do You Really Want to Hurt Me before getting beaten the poo poo out of him was in no way intended as a comment on his actual homosexuality and that WWE employs people of all backgrounds.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm reminded of the randy/liz episode where somebody points out that randy may have pushed her around and yelled at her but he never actually mistreated her. i assume he didn't want to say "punched her" instead. it was a discussion of their kayfabe characters, not irl, but still very awkward to see somebody say and believe that. lots of awkward stuff in that series

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I have not watched Dark Side of the Wrestling Ring yet.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cavauro posted:

i'm reminded of the randy/liz episode where somebody points out that randy may have pushed her around and yelled at her but he never actually mistreated her. i assume he didn't want to say "punched her" instead. it was a discussion of their kayfabe characters, not irl, but still very awkward to see somebody say and believe that. lots of awkward stuff in that series

Not as bad as the woman who said Moolah got her to sleep with men for money but Moolah wasn't a pimp because then she'd be a whore

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

Not as bad as the woman who said Moolah got her to sleep with men for money but Moolah wasn't a pimp because then she'd be a whore

:(

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Gotta say. I liked Emi well enough during her (hopefully first) run in AEW but watching her occasional stream since she returned to Japan and then her work in the tourney since, I've come around on the fact that she's awesome.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I like her, her Freddie Mercury gimmick was the pits though

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The Kanyon episode is gonna be tough to watch but I'm glad they're also exposing the hell world horror show that is the Grizzly Smith story

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Worse farting trumpets theme: Sami Zayn or Emi Sakura?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Worse farting trumpets theme: Sami Zayn or Emi Sakura?

Emi may have innovated something worse than third-wave ska, it is truly remarkable

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Emi. Sami's follows actual rhythm, hers is really disjointed.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Also she's got more pre-intros than Cody and they're all dogshit. Tho Cody's current Frankensteined mess is of a similar breed

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Royal Updog posted:

Also she's got more pre-intros than Cody and they're all dogshit. Tho Cody's current Frankensteined mess is of a similar breed

can't wait for cody to finally turn heel so he can get a new intro

and it will be EVEN LONGER uwahahahah

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
emi's theme sounds like something that got made in five minutes when they realized they can't just outright play a bunch of queen tracks

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember last summer during his open challenge run when everyone was convinced Cody was about to turn heel for about 3 months straight? :allears:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rarity posted:

Remember last summer during his open challenge run when everyone was convinced Cody was about to turn heel for about 3 months straight? :allears:

maybe his greatest heel move will be never turning heel again

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I kinda like her theme. It's like bad video game music played in reverse. It's not good in any real way but it's incredibly memorable and I like it?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Which was all to build to a promo where he declared he wasn't turning heel and was staying a face and acknowledged that the audience wanted it. But, denying the audience a thing they want and acknowledging it is a heel move. That promo was his heel turn, sorry Rarity.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

I kinda like her theme. It's like bad video game music played in reverse. It's not good in any real way but it's incredibly memorable and I like it?

PARP PARP PARRRP

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Will forgive Big Money Matt for not having upgraded to a C8 since Private Party took so long to sign those contracts.

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1364315762199044096

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Cody and Emi will team up and create a mash-up theme so hideous that their opponents will die from despair

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

cody is and always has been a heel.

and I miss private partys old club-music-y theme.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Royal Updog posted:

Cody and Emi will team up and create a mash-up theme so hideous that their opponents will die from despair

ADRENALINE
IN MY SOUL
LULU PENCIL
TAKE CONTROL

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

*theme changed due to the geneva conventions*

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Emi's theme is dissonant in a way that implies it wasn't intentional, just poorly constructed and looping just slightly out of time enough to really create visceral feelings of unease. It could be quite effective music if used in a horror film.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Technically the Khans are more than rich enough to buy the rights to a Queen song

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Queen are p. good, but Sparks did it better & earlier

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

your friend wicka posted:

Technically the Khans are more than rich enough to buy the rights to Queen's entire catalog

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Give Emi a Walker, Texas Ranger style lever that plays a different Queen song each week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cavauro posted:

I remember pointing out that they were very much dancing around the notion that he was physically abusive to Liz when the episode aired, and someone (probably correctly) suggested that that was a condition of getting Lanny to participate.