Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

You know Simmons is mad at you when he uses your first name

Ahahahaha, Simmons finally turned on Ainge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone post that "losing is actually much tougher for fans of winning teams" article

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Remember time Simmons threatened an NBA head coach
https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/350738891302641664

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Remember when Bill Simmons was really making the case to be hired as the GM for the Timberwolves

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Who doesn't want a high paying job with zero expectations?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Boredumb posted:

Remember when Bill Simmons was really making the case to be hired as the GM for the Timberwolves

It was great. It started as a joke but he somehow convinced himself that he was actually a qualified candidate and held a petty grudge against the organization for rejecting him

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bill Simmons would have been a diastaer GM, but would he have been worse than David Khan?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
When you're having problems with shooting you waive your best shooter so you can bring DeMarcus Cousins in.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

It was great. It started as a joke but he somehow convinced himself that he was actually a qualified candidate and held a petty grudge against the organization for rejecting him

Peak Simmons

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
After my good luck with NBA Top Shot I decided to buy a pack of REAL cards and this is what I get:

Plus a standard Kawhi card so I'm pretty happy.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Feb 23, 2021

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Solid draws, my man

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

2 games back out of 4 :unsmith:

The east is really a quality conference.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
The battle for steak is heating up

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Red Rox posted:

After my good luck with NBA Top Shot I decided to buy a pack of REAL cards and this is what I get:

Plus a standard Kawhi card so I'm pretty happy.

Is the hair theory still going strong? Does Cole have a chance to be good? Or does he need to get a buzz cut to unlock his potential?

And the Wizards have won 5 straight? What? I guess they finally realized that Mo Wagner is the key to success.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Feb 23, 2021

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

well first of all lightyears measures distance not heat, and i don’t remember any bulls players making that mistake last year, so maybe jimboy needs to come back and learn them something

Jack's Flow posted:

Is the hair theory still going strong? Does Cole have a chance to be good? Or does he need to get a buzz cut to unlock his potential?

And the Wizards have won 5 straight? What? I guess they finally realized that Mo Wagner is the key to success.

cole anthony could be really, really good and was a really great shooter in high school, but he’s had long hair as long as he’s been a blue chip recruit, so it’s hard to say

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

with Ainge the warning sign is using his last name, all the Celtics media fanboys usually insist on exclusively calling him "Danny" for some reason.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/30945744/nba-all-star-ballot-zach-lowe-2021-picks-tough-decisions

Let's go Lowe chose Zach.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MourningView posted:

with Ainge the warning sign is using his last name, all the Celtics media fanboys usually insist on exclusively calling him "Danny" for some reason.

I would guess for a one of the guys thing but Boston writers seem like they wouldn’t like that

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I see yall who were loud about russ playing poorly are real quiet after russ has started to turn it around

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1364072505581785089

Phil is totally vindicated.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

I get that they’re all judging him by his career up to this point, but if, say, Donovan Mitchell was having the season Zach is having, they’d pencil him in top 5 MVP.

And I am not saying Zach belongs on the MVP ballot. Obviously. But he’s absolutely an All Star this year.

Edit:

Simmons acknowledged LaVine having a monster year too. He probably watched his first Bulls game of the season before the podcast.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Feb 23, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

I see yall who were loud about russ playing poorly are real quiet after russ has started to turn it around

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I still can't believe people pay Kendrick Perkins to talk about basketball. That guy is such trash and ruins everything he touches lol

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

King Zing and some picks for Barnes

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

WhyteRyce posted:

King Zing and some picks for Barnes

A large percentage of recently signed players become eligible to be traded March 3rd. I think there will be at least one or two trades before the All-star break.
I'll throw one into the fire. The Warriors should trade Oubre to the Knicks, who cares about the 8th seed? Bonus points if they can get the Mavs pick and still beat them out for the 8th seed!

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Wouldn't be shocked if the Mavs have asked around about Porzingis, but basically I don't trust anything about the Mavs that doesn't come from: Marc Stein, Tim McMahon, Brad Townsend, Tim Cato, and Woj/Shams.

I can't imagine the Mavs could get back enough value to really justify sending him off, he still has really high upside. Even if they could get off his salary and they could guarantee they'd sign their target(s) in FA, you'd be looking at like... John Collins and Lonzo Ball?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

John Collins is better than Kristaps Porzingis though?

e: Kristaps has never had a season as good as John Collin's Rookie year lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zach and j ok no ic have similar mvp cases and people here think jokic is the front runner so hell why isn’t Zach a front runner too

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
If it wouldn't take future picks Charlotte should absolutely be sniffing around Zingis. Zeller + Rozier + a top-10 protected first this year might make sense for both teams

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

Zach and j ok no ic have similar mvp cases and people here think jokic is the front runner so hell why isn’t Zach a front runner too

Please listen to podcasts that are about teams not named the 76ers

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Collins for Porzingis would be a great trade for Dallas although they might have to take back Rondo which would be funny.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

Please listen to podcasts that are about teams not named the 76ers

that's no excuse as i listen basically to only sixers podcasts and i'm not like this.

this is just purestrain euphronius

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

How is Rozier at defending PGs? He and Doncic at the backcourt could work offensively since he's not gonna be asked to be a playmaker in that lineup.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

anakha posted:

How is Rozier at defending PGs? He and Doncic at the backcourt could work offensively since he's not gonna be asked to be a playmaker in that lineup.

maybe slightly below average but he tries

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

aBagorn posted:

that's no excuse as i listen basically to only sixers podcasts and i'm not like this.

this is just purestrain euphronius

I blame world of warcraft

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Paul Zuvella posted:

John Collins is better than Kristaps Porzingis though?

e: Kristaps has never had a season as good as John Collin's Rookie year lmao

Well one, they already have the money to sign an RFA this season, my hypothetical deal would be about signing a second guy in a bad FA class.

As for Collins, he doesn't really have the defensive upside as Porzingis, and if Zingis was purely tasked with being a guy who does nothing but finish Luka passes, his numbers would be pretty similar imo.

I think Collins might fit better with Luka (and maybe we'd be better trying to go to a very switch heavy defense and moving on from Porzingis anyway), but I don't think it would move the needle either way. The Mavs need another star, and unless Porzingis is like bringing back Lavine or Beal then I don't think it's worthwhile

morestuff posted:

If it wouldn't take future picks Charlotte should absolutely be sniffing around Zingis. Zeller + Rozier + a top-10 protected first this year might make sense for both teams

The Mavs have Jalen Brunson... I realize Rozier is a better player but they fill similar roles and I doubt they'd go for it.

jackofarcades fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 23, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

jackofarcades posted:

was purely tasked with being a guy who does nothing but finish Luka passes, his numbers would be pretty similar imo.

You don't have to worry about that, Collins will make sure to get his own shot whether the PG wants it or not. Actually yeah I don't think Collins could play for Carlisle.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Paul Zuvella posted:

I still can't believe people pay Kendrick Perkins to talk about basketball. That guy is such trash and ruins everything he touches lol

He made a desperate leap to be a new hot takes guy and it worked out. Proof that anyone can do it but it takes a type to want it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Excellent offensive player
Not so great in defense
My teams record includes the numbers 14 and 16

Who am I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

WhyteRyce posted:

Losing to the Pels while being unable to score on them really pushed him over the edge, eh?