Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Sampatrick posted:

i mean, miracle has been single handedly losing the entire game since like 25 minutes in. he spent 6.6k gold on an abyssal that has done stone cold nothing because he gets black holed every single fight.
on the other hand, w33 jumping into the edge of blackholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

lurksion posted:

on the other hand, w33 jumping into the edge of blackholes

see, you can blame w33 for dying there or you can blame miracle for getting caught out and forcing his team to try to save him.

w33 obviously played like poo poo this game but im just saying that miracle also played incredibly badly. if nigma didnt have the best wisp in the world theres absolutely no way they would have won with how w33 and miracle were playing.

tbf, chessie's itemization was also very bad with both a pointless mkb and also a pointless heart. almost certainly should have bought agi blink and satanic or maybe even an aghs or sny. 100% should have had agi blink though.

shades of blue fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 23, 2021

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Doesn't Nigma have an absurd win rate when Gh plays Io? Why wouldn't you always ban it?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

nikosoft posted:

Doesn't Nigma have an absurd win rate when Gh plays Io? Why wouldn't you always ban it?

i have no clue. gh wisp is arguably the single best player hero combo in all of dota. poo poo is broken.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

5 Monkey King? Sure, why not, go off Kuro

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
miracle 13/1 against the 28/8 viper

oh no

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaaallllllll

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Your day will come, Core Willow

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Ah yes the 2 man gank into 5

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol what a disaster

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm struggling to think of a game in the DPC where a pos 1 Bloodseeker worked

e: I looked up his statistics in EU, he's 7-9 with 6 of those games being Nigma, who is 4-2 with him. 4-1 with him as a 3 and 0-1 as a 1.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 23, 2021

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm struggling to think of a game in the DPC where a pos 1 Bloodseeker worked

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/5847186898 Liquid v OG the other day?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wish I could figure out how to search for pro matches by hero so I could find the other two wins to see if they were pos 1 or pos 3

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

HC actually looking pretty good. Just need to work on some shotcalling/decision making in mid/late game and it seems like they could be pretty strong.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I wish I could figure out how to search for pro matches by hero so I could find the other two wins to see if they were pos 1 or pos 3

Dotabuff.com --> Esports --> Matches --> DPC Winter 21 League (EU) presented by DreamLeague. Then on that page you should have a Dropdown to look for specific heroes.

I was only able to find it relatively quickly because I only tune in for a limited set of games pertaining to teams I'm aware of / care about, and after that match I was distinctly thinking, "Ughh I don't want to see more BS in my pubs"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sab669 posted:

Dotabuff.com --> Esports --> Matches --> DPC Winter 21 League (EU) presented by DreamLeague. Then on that page you should have a Dropdown to look for specific heroes.

I was only able to find it relatively quickly because I only tune in for a limited set of games pertaining to teams I'm aware of / care about, and after that match I was distinctly thinking, "Ughh I don't want to see more BS in my pubs"

yeah I got that far but it just shows me entire series so I have to look through every individual game to find it and a lot of them he wasn't even picked

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ah. Yea that's where I "got lucky" in that I was like, "Well it was within the past few days and while I don't remember who it was in it could only be like 1 of 4 possible teams" :)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Liquid Alliance with the major on the line let's goooooo

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Just to do the math, no matter what happens in this game there is still a chance that OG can make it right?

Alliance wins against Liquid/ OG wins against secret. - OG tied with Nigma for 3
code:
1 secret 6-1
2 alliance 5-2
3 nigma 4-3
3 og 4-3
5 liquid 3-4
Alliance wins/ OG loses secret. OG three way tie with Tundra, Liquid for 4
code:
1 secret 7-0
2 alliance 5-2
3 nigma 4-3
4 og 3-4
4 tundra 3-4
4 liquid 3-4
Liquid Wins / OG beat secret OG four way tie with Nigma, Liquid, alliance for 2
code:
1 secret 6-1
2 alliance 4-3
2 nigma 4-3
2 liquid 4-3
2 og 4-3 
6 tundra 3-4
Liquid Wins / OG loses to secret OG out
code:
1 secret 7-0
2 alliance 4-3
2 nigma 4-3
2 liquid 4-3
5 og 3-4 
6 tundra 3-4
Is my figurin right? This means that OG has a way in no matter what? The tie breaker rules are nuts to follow, some one just explain to me.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 23, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You more or less have it yeah, that tracks with what I was pondering last night or whenever I did it before then.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
The only thing I don't follow is that on Reddit they are saying that if Alliances loses OG is out, but I can't math that out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerk McJerkface posted:

The only thing I don't follow is that on Reddit they are saying that if Alliances loses OG is out, but I can't math that out.

I tink they are just assuming OG loses to secret in that scenario

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Andrast posted:

I tink they are just assuming OG loses to secret in that scenario

Yeah pretty much.

This Windranger is doing work.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

alliance and liquid are two of the most fun/cool teams out there right now, imho

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So many pro players are cowards who don't use the AM persona

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
This is already a disaster for liquid

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I don't get this Brood pick.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Centzon Totochtin posted:

This is already a disaster for liquid

kind of?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Well they left the brood alone for some reason

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Well they left the brood alone for some reason

No one really even bothering Brood. Wow.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Oh my god Liquid are so good what the gently caress!!!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/dota2_gamepedia/images/d/d4/Vo_broodmother_broo_move_09.mp3

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Somewhere Sven is looking up at this Brood draft from the bottom the pick/ban list with his hands on his hips.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Good old last pick Brood

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Oh my god Liquid are so good what the gently caress!!!!

Liquid going with the unique "just be better at dota, gently caress the draft" strategy.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This liquid draft and game are just so impressive to me. Brood and puck had to switch their lanes. S4 was kinda just owning as well. And then it all fell apart in like 2 minutes. Jesus

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Brood forcing Alliance to move around the map by just existing.
God drat I love watching Liquid when they pop off.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think s4 roared the wrong target by accident

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
The Brood shard with root is going to make this AM's uninstall Dota2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm glad Nikobaby is being punished for not using the persona